Would you trade Leino for Tim Connolly?

freester

I know some folks here hate Timmy, but I am not one of them. I look at this trade as a way to get rid of Leino's terrible contract. Our rookie centers are not ready to contribute and Timmy is only signed for one more year. I think Burke makes this trade because he is desperate. We are overstocked at LW and understocked at Center.

I would rather trade Leino for Brett Lindros, rather then see Connolly in a Sabres uniform again.

Ever.

Leino had a bad first year but I am willing to forget that. Now he knows what to expect in the next season. Last year (as the season went on) he seemed to be more consistent and he played (sometimes) like the guy we wanted to see in a Sabres uniform. I expect an improved Ville Leino this season.

i've said it before and elsewhere, but i will say it again: i think that leino will have a bounce-back year this season. i don't think that he will put up numbers big enough to satisfy those who are resolved to hate the signing, but i think he has a good season.

Are we talking Jennifer Connolly, or Timmy Connolly?

oh my - so good.

i've said it before and elsewhere, but i will say it again: i think that leino will have a bounce-back year this season. i don't think that he will put up numbers big enough to satisfy those who are resolved to hate the signing, but i think he has a good season.

In my opinion, he will never live up to the contract given to him (not that I blame him for taking the money).

That being said, I agree with That Aud Smell, Leino should have a bounce back season. He played well for the last few months of the 2011-12 year, and looked like the guy that killed Buffalo in the playoffs.

So what should we expect from him? I don't think he's going to score a ton of goals, but I expect his total to increase to around 15. i expect him to continue going to the corners and winning battles there. Basically, I'm looking for Ville to extend possesion. If at the end of next year, he is sitting with 15 goals and the majority of his shifts end in any zone than defensive I would say I am happy with him.

In my opinion, he will never live up to the contract given to him (not that I blame him for taking the money).

That being said, I agree with That Aud Smell, Leino should have a bounce back season. He played well for the last few months of the 2011-12 year, and looked like the guy that killed Buffalo in the playoffs.

So what should we expect from him? I don't think he's going to score a ton of goals, but I expect his total to increase to around 15. i expect him to continue going to the corners and winning battles there. Basically, I'm looking for Ville to extend possesion. If at the end of next year, he is sitting with 15 goals and the majority of his shifts end in any zone than defensive I would say I am happy with him.

Who do you see playing center other than Ennis and Coho? I don't feel Leino is an option at center.]

Who do you see playing center other than Ennis and Coho? I don't feel Leino is an option at center.]

I agree the center depth is a problem. But Ott's ability to take draws it opens up guys who maybe are not normally centers to play the position. I think Pominville could play center if he is on a lin with Ott. I feel the same way about Kaleta

I dunno, maybe you missed the draft, but he sabres drafter two big talented centers in the first round.

Not necessarily. Many media people speculate that the new CBA will have a amnesty clause, similar to the NBA one, where each team can release a player from their salary cap. We'd still need Pegula to pay him, but he wouldn't be on our cap.

Might want to save that one for $7.5m, 40-year-old Doan.

I am truly surprised to see a Connolly supporter (of the Timmay variety, not the Jennifer variety).

Tim was a special player: he had great hands, decent vision, but a knack for getting hurt. He's way too injury prone for this team, as he is a wind blown leaf hit away from becoming a vegetable. The objective is to get bigger and stronger, and at least Leino can be strong on the puck, especially in the corners. I too believe that Ville will have more of a bounce back year, but Timmy definitely does not have a place anywhere within this organization moving forward

I would trade Lieno for Connolly for the simple fact that Connolly has only 1 year left on his contract where Lieno has 5. Then the Sabres could use the Salary cap space for some good hockey players.

I think that was the whole point of this thread, but we all hate Connolly too much to notice. :P

Archived