[OT] Who should you vote for this November?

Weave

It's impossible to have an incumbent in an open-seat election, so the first Bush 1 and Bush 2 elections are irrelevant when discussing the importance of candidate incumbency.

Exactly why you need to reevaluate your conclusion. (He voted for an incumbent, what, twice, in 22 years?) I don't really care that much about this, though. Bring me some hockey.

Nowhere near as knowledgable of politics as many of you, so FWIW:

93% Libertarian

70% Republican (thought that was a little high)

37% Green

25% Democratic

:shrugs:

The Green Party had such, such hopes for you. Can I let them know?

Thanks for the link, weave... Interesting stuff.

81% Green

80% Democratic

52% Libertarian

36% Republican

I'm still registered Republican, but like wjag, it's now just for the primaries since I've voted both ways in the past. I'd always considered myself a fiscal Republican and social Democrat, but the last several years the Republican party has shifted so far right that they no longer represent me on most issues. So, I guess my results aren't terribly surprising.

Thanks for the link, weave... Interesting stuff.

81% Green

80% Democratic

52% Libertarian

36% Republican

I'm still registered Republican, but like wjag, it's now just for the primaries since I've voted both ways in the past. I'd always considered myself a fiscal Republican and social Democrat, but the last several years the Republican party has shifted so far right that they no longer represent me on most issues. So, I guess my results aren't terribly surprising.

Sounds like Libertarian to me. Yet your poll results don't jive.

Methinks you are not who you think you are. :D

Lol well I used to agree with the Republicans on financial matters, but not so much (hardly at all) these days. Trickle-down economics may have sounded like a good idea, but I think it's pretty clear by now that it doesn't work. My thing was always being against handouts, but I have no problem with helping the less fortunate as long as they are also willing to help themselves.

FIscal conservative, social liberal with a strong enviro bent = Green/Dem, no?

I wouldn't call Dem's or Rep's fiscally conservative these days. But that's just me. :ph34r:

The last two were very lighthearted comments BTW. Don't need to debate where each party stands.

Lol well I used to agree with the Republicans on financial matters, but not so much (hardly at all) these days. Trickle-down economics may have sounded like a good idea, but I think it's pretty clear by now that it doesn't work. My thing was always being against handouts, but I have no problem with helping the less fortunate as long as they are also willing to help themselves.

Just havin some fun. No need to essplain.

FIscal conservative, social liberal with a strong enviro bent = Green/Dem, no?

While items 2 and 3 would match very well w/ Green/ Democrat, I can't imagine how a true fiscal conservative fits into either of those parties. (At least at the national level.)

I wouldn't call Dem's or Rep's fiscally conservative these days. But that's just me. :ph34r:

The last two were very lighthearted comments BTW. Don't need to debate where each party stands.

Just havin some fun. No need to essplain.

Fair enough. :)

While items 2 and 3 would match very well w/ Green/ Democrat, I can't imagine how a true fiscal conservative fits into either of those parties. (At least at the national level.)

I can explain it, but not without exploding this thread into something that weave didn't want (and no sensible person would want). To PM!

Exactly why you need to reevaluate your conclusion. (He voted for an incumbent, what, twice, in 22 years?) I don't really care that much about this, though. Bring me some hockey.

Meh. 3/5, or 3/4 if you exclude the 92 election.

I know you're just having some fun, but on a serious note, that's a pretty common occurrence. For example, ~35% of voters identify as Independents, but only about 11% actually behave as Independents. The rest of them are closet partisans--they claim independence but then consistently vote party-line. Claiming to be independent is "cool" so people delude themselves into thinking they actually are independent.

No real surprise for my results although I didn't think I would rank so high for the Green Party...

83% Green

73% Democrat

72% Libertarian

53% Republican

I had to read the evolution question twice because I thought my brain had just imploded... Thankfully in the more choices part it had what I was looking for "Evolution is a fact, not a theory" and now all is once again right with the world.

Guest Sloth

92% - Republican

93% - Libertarian

17% - Democrat

5% - Green

Pretty much what I expected. Interesting topic to post, Weave. Glad no one has started some type of political argument. Simply keeping it fun is all we should try to do. And that can be difficult to achieve when politics are brought up, so I am impressed w/ how things have gone on this topic.

None of this should surprise anyone here:

Ron Paul 90%

Virgil Goode 85%

Gary Johnson 83%

Mitt Romney 78%

Barack Obama 11% (seriously???)

Unless Ron Paul can pull off some miracle at the RNC in Tampa this summer, there's no way the Republicans are getting my vote. I'm certainly not voting for the Kenyan. I had no idea who Gary Johnson was until today. Thus, if Virgil Goode winds up being my only option, he has my vote.

EDIT: The only thing that Obama and I seemed to agree upon was with regard to Israel (but my reasoning was different from his).

I agree, nothing compares to the damage "big business" has done to this country.

You could start your own. Plus, in all fairness, not all big business is bad. You do have a job, don't you?

92% - Republican

93% - Libertarian

17% - Democrat

5% - Green

Pretty much what I expected. Interesting topic to post, Weave. Glad no one has started some type of political argument. Simply keeping it fun is all we should try to do. And that can be difficult to achieve when politics are brought up, so I am impressed w/ how things have gone on this topic.

Well, it's Monday morning so the more "exciteable" members are liable to start spending more time in the thread. We'll see where it goes! :P

Archived