NHL 2012 Playoffs Thread

thesportsbuff

All I got to say is, the Kings need to buy Duncan Keith a new house for the gift his elbow gave them.

I'm not sure it even matters. Henrik has been invisible and Johnny Quick is bonkers. LA is playing magnificent hockey and luck is on their side. 41 shots by Vancouver tonight is pretty good offense, just couldn't get the bounce they needed.

Quick won this game like he won so many others this year: by staying sharp and hoping his team would come through, and they did.

I'm just flat out impressed. That might have been one of the most entertaining 1-0 games I've watched.

Pens and Canucks down 0-3. Teams going after each other with everything they got, legal and not so much. If the remaining games in the playoffs are anything like the ones played already, this may be one of the better playoffs in some time.

Totally agree.

On another note, whatever amount of complaining about officiating people think Sabres fans do, it pales in comparison to the whining I've heard from Rags fans. It really is astounding.

Can all these jackasses please stop saying that Asham hit Schenn with a crosscheck to the throat? That just didn't happen.

Yeh I didn't see that either despite the NBC announcers crying about it. I do however think Asham is scum for the cheapshot to the back of Schenn's head after he's already down on the ice.

It's simple: Alfredsson was injured, Boyle was not.

Yes, that's retarded, and injury should have nothing to do with punishment...punish the act, not the result! But that's what matters to the NHL, so it is what it is.

I know, and I agree. I am torn, actually - I am fine with adding games for egregious attempts to injure that actually do injure, but this doesn't sit right with me.

It just boggles my mind that in his suspension clip, Shanahan notes that Carkner got supplementary discipline for doing the exact same thing earlier this year, but he only gave him one game.

If we hear this summer, or at any point in the future really, that there was an even somewhat reasonable offer on the table for Dustin Brown at the trade deadline and Darcy balked--- I'll set myself on fire. It actually physically hurts to watch him play right now, I want him in Blue and Gold so badly. ###### ######!

Of all the shenanigans in this first round, I really did not see LA leading Vancouver 3-0 going into game 4. Wow. Just wow.

Apparently the Kings just owned the second half of the season so maybe this is less of a surprise. Vancouver have looked shaky at times this season and people have doubted them. Kings have a talented roster and also have Quick in net, who's just a ###### wall.

If we hear this summer, or at any point in the future really, that there was an even somewhat reasonable offer on the table for Dustin Brown at the trade deadline and Darcy balked--- I'll set myself on fire. It actually physically hurts to watch him play right now, I want him in Blue and Gold so badly. ###### ######!

What use would it have done us? Our season was cooked at the deadline.

I know, and I agree. I am torn, actually - I am fine with adding games for egregious attempts to injure that actually do injure, but this doesn't sit right with me.

It just boggles my mind that in his suspension clip, Shanahan notes that Carkner got supplementary discipline for doing the exact same thing earlier this year, but he only gave him one game.

The whole thing is such a joke and the games will continue to regress to the circus side show they're becoming. They're clearly not interested in eliminating the mainstream perception that the game is nothing but a bunch of thugs.

The whole thing is such a joke and the games will continue to regress to the circus side show they're becoming. They're clearly not interested in eliminating the mainstream perception that the game is nothing but a bunch of thugs.

Once the pens are eliminated this shite will be reduced by a large margin. The pens coach has lost control of his team and the series.

Archived