Locker cleanout day

spndnchz

Bunch of info will be coming in today So far...

Roy doesn't like Ruff calling out players publicly.

Vanek says he's never asked to be favored.

Hecht is crying.

Myers foot is broken.

Don't forget that it's also Dyngus Day!!!!

I think moving Ennis to center (which I assume is permanent) and picking up Hodgson makes D. Roy very expendable. Three smallish centers is too many.

i will grant you that hodgson is not a bruiser, but he's not smallish either. he's universally listed as 6' and ~185.

Literally or figuratively?

Literally, according to Bill Hoppe and John Vogl.

Mike Harrington@BNHarrington

Ehrhoff said knee was sprained. No surgery. Sounds like he would have missed first round too.

Bill Hoppe@BillHoppeNHL

#Sabres Christian Ehrhoff has a strain, would've missed the first round. #Buffalo

A lot of interesting comments from Roy concerning his various injuries and Cody Hodgson regarding the difference in lockerroom in Buffalo and Vancouver (not the design or amenities, BTW) and also his training plans for the summer with Gary Roberts--- so far, the Hodgson stuff is the only thing I can deem positive in anyway today.

Transcriptions courtesy of SabreBuzz GARTH for those without access to video this morning:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=43686#.T4MF-mYAud0.twitter

A lot of interesting comments from Roy concerning his various injuries and Cody Hodgson regarding the difference in lockerroom in Buffalo and Vancouver (not the design or amenities, BTW) and also his training plans for the summer with Gary Roberts--- so far, the Hodgson stuff is the only thing I can deem positive in anyway today.

Transcriptions courtesy of SabreBuzz GARTH for those without access to video this morning:

http://www.hockeybuz...-mYAud0.twitter

Great read. If Roy's injury issues are true, then I wonder why he didn't take more time to rehab instead of rushing back.

Also, I wonder if this is why Regier was unable to move him at the deadline? Darcy obviously would have to disclose Roy's injuries to any potential trade partners. When Roy is healthy his value is probably high, but I have a feeling teams were low-balling based on his current injuries, seeing as he wouldn't have played into any team's playoff push by being hurt.

Says the guy with 6 years left on his contract...

Says the guy who is still relatively new blood in this locker room compared to that core everyone loves to talk about.

I noticed Enroth said he was hoping to play 30. I know he was close to signing a KHL deal last summer, is it possible the Sabres told him he'd get 30 games to keep him around? Just thought it was interesting, and I hope he does get close to 30 next season.

That was just a negotiation ploy. He was never seriously considering going over there. Yeah, it's just my opinion but I think it's a safe assumption.

Also, I wonder if this is why Regier was unable to move him at the deadline? Darcy obviously would have to disclose Roy's injuries to any potential trade partners. When Roy is healthy his value is probably high, but I have a feeling teams were low-balling based on his current injuries, seeing as he wouldn't have played into any team's playoff push by being hurt.

That's a great point. Regier very well could have chosen to wait until Roy is fully healthy before agreeing to move him. With the Sabres having shopped him for a year it does appear to be a foregone conclusion.

That's a great point. Regier very well could have chosen to wait until Roy is fully healthy before agreeing to move him. With the Sabres having shopped him for a year it does appear to be a foregone conclusion.

Even if he's not fully healthy, if he shows signs of being rehabbed and ready to play by training camp, then I think more teams will take looks at him, especially with the shallow FA class at center.

Even if he's not fully healthy, if he shows signs of being rehabbed and ready to play by training camp, then I think more teams will take looks at him, especially with the shallow FA class at center.

We all know that a healthy Roy can be a freakin' sick hockey player as far as skill goes. What if he's a third line center with Tropp and Kaleta?

We all know that a healthy Roy can be a freakin' sick hockey player as far as skill goes. What if he's a third line center with Tropp and Kaleta?

I said it in another thread, I want a different type of player at #3 center. I think it would be a good ploy to trade Roy for the center with those attributes. I won't send this thread into a tailspin by expanding upon it. :blush:

Archived