Band Wagon Jumping

frissonic

That first round matchup is going to eat you alive. Should be a rough one. After the last time these teams met, it's setting up for an unbelievable series.

I'm just gonna hold my nose and root for Philly to kick the crap out of Pittsburgh and hockey's golden boy. I'm also gonna pull hard for Ottawa because they are the lesser of two evils in my eyes. I can't stand the sight of that douchebag Chris Neil and Daniel Alfreddson with his stupid ginger 5 o'clock shadow mustache that he never seems to either shave or grow in, but that hate pales in comparison to the utter disdain I feel for the merry band of Massholes like Lucic, Chara, Marchand, and Tim Thomas.

I'm rooting hard for the Blues, mainly because my wife's best friend's father used to coach them (as well as the Sabres), and he and his family still live there and are huge fans.

Also I tend to root for teams that have never won the Cup before.

I'm just gonna hold my nose and root for Philly to kick the crap out of Pittsburgh and hockey's golden boy. I'm also gonna pull hard for Ottawa because they are the lesser of two evils in my eyes. I can't stand the sight of that douchebag Chris Neil and Daniel Alfreddson with his stupid ginger 5 o'clock shadow mustache that he never seems to either shave or grow in, but that hate pales in comparison to the utter disdain I feel for the merry band of Massholes like Lucic, Chara, Marchand, and Tim Thomas.

Let the hate flow. It's very cathartic. This post reminds me of the anti-all things Pittsburgh rants that one poster used to go on from time to time a few years back. :thumbsup:

I'm rooting hard for the Blues, mainly because my wife's best friend's father used to coach them (as well as the Sabres), and he and his family still live there and are huge fans.

Only thing I don't like about the Blues are the haunting memories of Tony Twist owning Rob Ray.

I'm rooting hard for the Blues, mainly because my wife's best friend's father used to coach them (as well as the Sabres), and he and his family still live there and are huge fans. Also I tend to root for teams that have never won the Cup before.

NO!!!!! You must root against these teams. Honestly, who cares at this point if Detroit or Pittsburh gets another Cup? By my quick count there are 13 NHL teams that have not won the Stanley Cup (I include Ottawa as not having won won), less than half the teams in the league. As that list grows smaller it gets more embarrassing for us, especially with puke markets like Tampa and Carolina having won one already. It makes me sick when fan bases like that get to experience the joy of a Cup.

Now when and if the Sabres finally do win a Cup this all changes. At that point I begin to root against teams that have already won one in order for the Sabres to catch up, but until that point no virgin Cup winners unless its Buffalo.

Only thing I don't like about the Blues are the haunting memories of Tony Twist owning Rob Ray.

Funny...my wife was visiting her friend earlier in the season and her father got them into the suite for a Blues game, and my wife was talking to Tony for most of the game as he was right next to her. When she came home and told me about it she's like "you ever heard of Tony Twist?" (she's a relatively new hockey fan) and she was surprised how much I hated him cuz she said "he was really nice". It's not enough that he's crushing Rayzor's orbital but now the dude is hitting on my wife! Talk about adding insult to injury :lol:

So you're fine with their head coach and his brand of hockey?

Yeah that's the only sucky part.

NO!!!!! You must root against these teams. Honestly, who cares at this point if Detroit or Pittsburh gets another Cup? By my quick count there are 13 NHL teams that have not won the Stanley Cup (I include Ottawa as not having won won), less than half the teams in the league. As that list grows smaller it gets more embarrassing for us, especially with puke markets like Tampa and Carolina having won one already. It makes me sick when fan bases like that get to experience the joy of a Cup.

Now when and if the Sabres finally do win a Cup this all changes. At that point I begin to root against teams that have already won one in order for the Sabres to catch up, but until that point no virgin Cup winners unless its Buffalo.

I know lots of Sabres fans subscribe to this line of thinking...but I do not for two reasons:

1.) The more pressure on our team to win one, the better.

2.) I'm rooting not so much for the players or the team (and certainly not for their coach!), but for the life-long fans of that team. The Blues have been around since '67 so they are not the Canes or the Lightning. I can sympathize with Blues fans having never won it all.

I'm rooting not so much for the players or the team, but for the fans of that team. The Blues have been around since '67 so they are not the Canes or the Lightning. I can sympathize with Blues fans having never won it all.

True, I don't have anything against Blues fans, but if they get one that only leaves the Kings and Canucks as teams that have been around as long or longer than the Sabres to have not won one. Although I appreciate the fine supportive fans in St. Louis, they do need to wallow in the mire right along with us for now.

So you're fine with their head coach and his brand of hockey?

I have no problem with Hitchcock. He's good at what he does, which is resurrect hockey teams that need a strong head coaching presence.

That's not hockey, it's masonry.

:lol:

Funny...my wife was visiting her friend earlier in the season and her father got them into the suite for a Blues game, and my wife was talking to Tony for most of the game as he was right next to her. When she came home and told me about it she's like "you ever heard of Tony Twist?" (she's a relatively new hockey fan) and she was surprised how much I hated him cuz she said "he was really nice". It's not enough that he's crushing Rayzor's orbital but now the dude is hitting on my wife! Talk about adding insult to injury :lol:

Now that's funny right there.

I always have rooted for the Sharks out West, as my cousin grew up out there and is still a huge fan.

Two good series in the East for sure, PHI/PIT and BOS/OTT. If Florida hangs on, their series with the Devils could be one of the least exciting matchups I can think of in recent years.

I hear ya', but where I think you're getting a little pear-shaped is that those fan bases rooted for a team that won the Cup. They can't possibly appreciate it enough to truly experience it.

Just a question, does anyone here think that If Nashville made the finals that it would be almost as bad as carolina or Tampa bay being in it a few years ago? I know we kinda don't like the southern teams, but they're the only one to have not made it in the last 15 years

I'll root for the Blues because I know it will cause many heads to explode around here. Another mid-season coaching change leading to a Stanley Cup would be fantastic. ;)

I'll root for the Blues because I know it will cause many heads to explode around here. Another mid-season coaching change leading to a Stanley Cup would be fantastic. ;)

You could root for Washington for the same reason, if that's what you want to do. (But not the other six teams with in-season coaching changes.)

Just a question, does anyone here think that If Nashville made the finals that it would be almost as bad as carolina or Tampa bay being in it a few years ago? I know we kinda don't like the southern teams, but they're the only one to have not made it in the last 15 years

I am over the southern team thing. Hockey has been down here too long to be a phase

I am going for Nashville; granted beating Detroit would satisfy their franchise and definetely be a beating the big brother scenario. Renne can do it, should be fun, plus watching goose.

I have no particular problem with Nashville. Mostly I like Pekka Rinne.

Pittsburgh all the way, baby!

EDIT: I can't wait to see Washington get bounced, just so I can watch my in-laws cry enough tears to flood the Potomac River.

That first round matchup is going to eat you alive. Should be a rough one. After the last time these teams met, it's setting up for an unbelievable series.

He must not have been thinking clearly on that one. After all, look at his username.

I would love to see Vancouver make the finals again, and lose the series again in Vancouver - bunch of cry-babies. And I hope the riot-happy Canadians raze their own city to the ground this time.

That's the way we canadian party I remember when the canadians beat the bruins in 7 games in the 1st round, we went crazy, set cop car on fire, breaking in in stores, flipping cars. If canadians wins the cup they will be no more city in Montreal. Funny thing about it it's that they were some cops laughing and smiling while people were "celebrating".

Archived