Band Wagon Jumping

frissonic

So, now that the Sabres are officially eliminated, are any of you planning on following a particular team? My next in line is Phoenix, since it looks like Colorado has all but been eliminated. Other than that, I'm going to just relax, enjoy the playoffs, and not stress over who wins or loses. At this point, I don't really care. Like I said, it'd be nice if Phoenix could make a run, but if not, oh well.

Also, who are you absolutely gunning for to be eliminated early on? I want to see Boston and Philly upended.

I plan to watch and enjoy the playoffs. Particularly I am rooting for the failure of all Eastern Conference teams, especially Washington and Florida, as I do not believe they are better than us.

In the west, I'm interested to see how far the Blues can take things. This would be a huge year for them if they can carry their success deep into the playoffs.

I had hoped that if the Sabres were eliminated the Jets would make it in---- I'm interested to watch the Blues, Blackhawks, Panthers, Coyotes and Predators. Strange for me to be interested in so many non hockey markets, but it's an odd year.

I sort of despise everything the Capitals represent, so I'd like to see them get wiped out in Round 1. Sens, Flyers, and Bruins are must bounces, too.

I had hoped that if the Sabres were eliminated the Jets would make it in---- I'm interested to watch the Blues, Blackhawks, Panthers, Coyotes and Predators. Strange for me to be interested in so many non hockey markets, but it's an odd year.

I sort of despise everything the Capitals represent, so I'd like to see them get wiped out in Round 1. Sens, Flyers, and Bruins are must bounces, too.

There was a Caps fan with us at the bar tonight. I told her to enjoy the next 5 games.

Boston

I kid, I have a tough time watching the palyoffs without the sabres

I also have a tough time watching playoffs when the Sabres are out.

I'm going to go somewhere that I suspect alot of you won't go. I am supremely jealous of the type of teams Boston and Philly have built (to a lesser extent NYR as well). I'll watch them and hope to see them move on if for no other reason than I find their style of play extremely entertaining.

I'd like to root for Gaustad, but I really have a problem with southern teams that aren't from Saint Louis.

Every EC team has pissed me off for one reason or another over the years (even if just for being from the state of Florida), so they're out. It would be different if Montreal or Toronto were in; I can root for them in the Sabres' absence. Seriously.

So, it's the West. My sis lives in Chi, so I guess them? But I can't stand bandwagoners, and their fans definitely are. As are the fans of numerous other WC teams (I'm lookin' right at you, LA Kings.). Vancouver? Nah, I can't have the 1970 brother beating the Sabres out.

That leaves Saint Lou. But it's ###### Hitchcock, and who the hell can stand him actually winning a legit one?

I'm going with Chicago or Detroit, I guess. I don't hate Detroit as much as I did when the guy responsible for the Robert-Van Box trade was in charge there.

There was a Caps fan with us at the bar tonight. I told her to enjoy the next 5 games.

Good call. I suspect there may not be a 5th game, though.

I also have a tough time watching playoffs when the Sabres are out.

I'm going to go somewhere that I suspect alot of you won't go. I am supremely jealous of the type of teams Boston and Philly have built (to a lesser extent NYR as well). I'll watch them and hope to see them move on if for no other reason than I find their style of play extremely entertaining.

I'll go there--- that's the kind of team I'm interested in seeing in Blue and Gold. If the correct core of current Sabres and prospects is built around, this roster can be molded in that direction. I'm not 100% convinced that will happen, but I suspect management didn't think they were quite done this past season or at the trading deadline. Time will tell.

I'd like to root for Gaustad, but I really have a problem with southern teams that aren't from Saint Louis.

Every EC team has pissed me off for one reason or another over the years (even if just for being from the state of Florida), so they're out. It would be different if Montreal or Toronto were in; I can root for them in the Sabres' absence. Seriously.

So, it's the West. My sis lives in Chi, so I guess them? But I can't stand bandwagoners, and their fans definitely are. As are the fans of numerous other WC teams (I'm lookin' right at you, LA Kings.). Vancouver? Nah, I can't have the 1970 brother beating the Sabres out.

That leaves Saint Lou. But it's ###### Hitchcock, and who the hell can stand him actually winning a legit one?

I'm going with Chicago or Detroit, I guess. I don't hate Detroit as much as I did when the guy responsible for the Robert-Van Box trade was in charge there.

I feel bad labeling Chicago as a bandwagon fanbase. They went through some truly dark times in that city, and have managed to actually develop a following in recent years. I can't help but think that rather than being a bandwagon team, they actually succeeded in creating a new generation of fans that will stick around.

I can't pick out 1 team to root for.

I'll probably follow Nashville (for Goose and some studly D), the Hawks (Kane, Toews, Keith, Sharpe, ...; fun team to watch), and the Cats (not a chance in heck to win more than 2 games, but I have relatives that are among their 112 STH's).

Well, if past history is any indication, I've fixed it for you. ;)

Ha--- absolutely!

The truth is, I just forgot about their game Saturday at MSG, but to paraphrase Terry Pegula: "The Caps ain't going nowhere!"

I feel bad labeling Chicago as a bandwagon fanbase. They went through some truly dark times in that city, and have managed to actually develop a following in recent years. I can't help but think that rather than being a bandwagon team, they actually succeeded in creating a new generation of fans that will stick around.

You don't know my brother-in-law

The Sabres are my one and only team so I 100% cannot cheer for Nashville. I really hope we package our two first round and two second round picks to move up high in the draft and an 18th overall pick (Nashville's) is worth more than a 30th.

I run a pretty big playoff pool at work so I'll be cheering for my players. Probably going to go Vancouver and Pitt.

The Sabres are my one and only team so I 100% cannot cheer for Nashville. I really hope we package our two first round and two second round picks to move up high in the draft and an 18th overall pick (Nashville's) is worth more than a 30th.

I run a pretty big playoff pool at work so I'll be cheering for my players. Probably going to go Vancouver and Pitt.

While there's plenty of time to discuss possibilities, and this is the wrong thread....I'd be quite surprised if the Sabres end up using all 4 of their picks in the top 60. I expect either a trade up, or to use them in a deal for a current player.

It's screwy with only two Canadian teams--one of which is completely loathsome--in the mix. Normally, I do like to root for Canadian teams when the Sabres are out. But, as aforementioned, I cannot have Vancouver winning one first, and Ottawa? I'd sooner ###### on a relative's grave.

Archived