GDT - Buffalo @ Philadelphia - 4/5/2012 - 7:00pm

darksabre

It's weird that I too am not mad but more so relieved. The bottom line is they weren't good enough.

Changes have to be made and I would start with the GM then coach.

Get some fresh eyes and see what players need to move on.

Good run but not on time. Game one is as important as game 81

Yes, that team was much better. Plus, the Hurricanes were playing a helluva lot harder in that Game 7 than the Flyers played tonight, with the stakes being much higher.

You make a good point. That wasn't quite Philly playoff hockey.

Bottom line, as hard as they fought, and they did put up a heck of a fight, they weren't good enough often enough to deserve a playoff spot. There are two very flawed teams that got in today, but those teams were good enough, often enough to finish ahead of Buffalo. You can't take that away from Wash and Fla.

The offseason should prove interesting, both for the changes made and the changes not made. There are plenty of resources that the team has available to make changes. I am interested to see how it unfolds.

*raises a glass*

To next season

I hear you.

But hey--- still one more opportunity to watch Foligno, Ennis, and McNabb, et al on Saturday afternoon. I'll be watching.

Apparently, I won't be, as much as I'd like to; the dinner (and the girlie who invited me) on Sat. afternoon are going to be more compelling. Ah, the sweet freedom of missing the playoffs?! Weird.

Apparently, I won't be, as much as I'd like to; the dinner (and the girlie who invited me) on Sat. afternoon are going to be more compelling. Ah, the sweet freedom of missing the playoffs?! Weird.

There is a gigantic relief of tension--- and also a returned Playoff ticket deposit, which is bittersweet. Some of that money may go toward a Foligno replica.

Have fun with the lady on Saturday--- and remember to smile!

Do you guys leave the site for good in the summer?

I suspect a lot of posters go on hiatus (or just post much less frequently) until July 1. (Being one of those posters myself, can't confirm.)

Do you guys leave the site for good in the summer?

No, but I expect to visit less now that the Sad Superheroes will likely begin their crusades. And I know that some truly do take hiatus for the offseason.

I just want to thank all the members here new and old who have really contributed and grown with this forum over the season. I know I was once a newbie to this place, and although some members require more guidance than others, it is always fun to see this forum grow and move in new directions.

This place truly is the best Sabres forum on the net, and I hope it continues to hold that title.

Ryan Miller....I know this is wrought with sarcasm, but he's supposed to be....How many others do we pay SUPERSTAR money to?

This year, Ehrhoff , Myers and Vanek. Hey, we are all Sabres fans and have been through a lot of schit. Tonight was tough and reminded me of the f'n Carolina schit from a few years ago. 3 of the top defensive guys are out and this loss is on Ruff and idiots that are saying this crap? Score was 2-1 until the end.

I suspect a lot of posters go on hiatus (or just post much less frequently) until July 1. (Being one of those posters myself, can't confirm.)

I will probably be here, as this is my only forum/facebook/general communication profile. Unless it is dead, in the middle of July or august. Not really sure how it is as I am a new member, but hopefully this place makes the offseason more bearable than last.

Speaking of, Foligno and McNabb can still play with the Amerks if they make the playoffs, yes?

Yep, Inky gets his wish.

(Inky, I keeed, I keeeeed. Don't come after me with those Lou Ferigno calves.)

I hang out a little bit for the playoffs (unless I'm incapacitated like last year!), I'm certainly around during the draft and FA, and then, there's a bunch of "fun" threads that I like to follow (like Complaint Thursday, etc.). I'll be around for a little bit, but I probably won't participate in the upcoming Lindy bash-fest.

After all, he ain't goin' anywhere. And that's a damned good thing!

No, but I expect to visit less now that the Sad Superheroes will likely begin their crusades. And I know that some truly do take hiatus for the offseason.

I just want to thank all the members here new and old who have really contributed and grown with this forum over the season. I know I was once a newbie to this place, and although some members require more guidance than others, it is always fun to see this forum grow and move in new directions.

This place truly is the best Sabres forum on the net, and I hope it continues to hold that title.

Amen to all of this.

I will probably be here, as this is my only forum/facebook/general communication profile. Unless it is dead, in the middle of July or august. Not really sure how it is as I am a new member, but hopefully this place makes the offseason more bearable than last.

I don't leave entirely, but I stay out of most of the Sabres discussion until late June. Partially for a mental break from hockey, but mostly for the reason d4rksabre mentioned.

Archived