GDT - Buffalo @ Philadelphia - 4/5/2012 - 7:00pm

darksabre

Do you guys leave the site for good in the summer?

Usually check it out a couple times a week, except ofcourse for the draft and July 1 when I'm around for that. Nice discussion this year, it'll be a long six months, but I'll be ready to go in early October. Have a great summer guys,

Derek.

Best of luck to the team down "the 90." And I just might try to see a playoff game in Roch. I've never been to the arena there.

Blue Cross is a good time. It's a much more organic feel. When you cheer at BC you don't feel out of place. Also...lots of kids.

Best of luck to the team down "the 90." And I just might try to see a playoff game in Roch. I've never been to the arena there.

It's a hole, but there isn't a bad seat in the house, and they have every version of Genny currently available.

If you do head there, send me a PM. I never did make it to a game this year. (Only about the 3rd time in the last 15 years that I didn't go for at least 1.)

It's a hole, but there isn't a bad seat in the house, and they have every version of Genny currently available.

If you do head there, send me a PM. I never did make it to a game this year. (Only about the 3rd time in the last 15 years that I didn't go for at least 1.)

1. "Every version of Genny" isn't selling me on the place.

2. WIll do. Maybe an outing w/ d4rk, Ink, and some others?

Do any of you have that moment at the end of each season where it all comes back in a rush and you intertwine the memories with what was going on in your real life at those times, and you feel like crying and laughing and nervous for next year and you start to ramble very badly

The mark of a true fan. :thumbsup:

Do any of you have that moment at the end of each season where it all comes back in a rush and you intertwine the memories with what was going on in your real life at those times, and you feel like crying and laughing and nervous for next year and you start to ramble very badly

Yes. That was 1980 and 1998 and 1999 and 2006 and 2007. And if we ever see teams like that again, and if those teams don't win it all, I'll feel the same way.

But this team? Nah. They weren't going to win it all, even if healthy. We all have our diagnoses, but ten weeks in, I think we all knew that a Cup wasn't going to be here. (Playoffs? Different story.)

Yes. That was 1980 and 1998 and 1999 and 2006 and 2007. And if we ever see teams like that again, and if those teams don't win it all, I'll feel the same way.

But this team? Nah. They weren't going to win it all, even if healthy. We all have our diagnoses, but ten weeks in, I think we all knew that a Cup wasn't going to be here. (Playoffs? Different story.)

I always feel this way. I definitely didn't think we were going to make the playoffs, as recently as yesterday. That doesn't mean, even though it was disappointing as hell, I didn't enjoy and create memories this season. Hockey is ingrained deep in my psyche, so when it ends, no matter how, it is the worst day of the year.

And I am lucky I wasn't as huge a fan in 05-06 and 06-07 as I am now, because I wouldnt have been able to leave my room for weeks.

Favorite goal of the season... Thomas Vanek's slapshot goal in Montreal on that faceoff win with five seconds to go in the 2nd period. I hated playing against Montreal this year because it would make me think about how nervous I was about not getting accepted to McGill. Hopefully I'll get to see some Buffalo victories in Montreal over the next four years (paid the deposit today... ridiculously excited).

Maybe just b/c I want to play devils advocate, but after last off-season and the moves that were made and what I thought most people thought of this team, did people really want Darcy gone at that time? I certainly could be wrong, but I just do not recall people calling for his head.

As for Lindy, maybe the message is stale, but could it have been that stale that the players turned him off for the second half of the season and did this on their own (get to the brink of making the playoffs, that is)?

I guess my point is that changes have to be made, but does Darcy only deserve less than one year with the shackles off under Pegula? I thought the deadline moves were good - we have seem to have some good kids ready to step in - but is a complete overhaul needed b/c Roy did not play up to his ability or Vanek disappeared, Miller through concussions perhaps struggled the first half, etc/

Favorite goal of the season... Thomas Vanek's slapshot goal in Montreal on that faceoff win with five seconds to go in the 2nd period. I hated playing against Montreal this year because it would make me think about how nervous I was about not getting accepted to McGill. Hopefully I'll get to see some Buffalo victories in Montreal over the next four years (paid the deposit today... ridiculously excited).

That's sweet, congrats. That was awesome, and one of Miller's best games as well.

I liked Ennis' goal vs Toronto in December, the 5-4 game.

Worst moment- off the top of my head, Detroit. Either game.

Maybe just b/c I want to play devils advocate, but after last off-season and the moves that were made and what I thought most people thought of this team, did people really want Darcy gone at that time? I certainly could be wrong, but I just do not recall people calling for his head.

As for Lindy, maybe the message is stale, but could it have been that stale that the players turned him off for the second half of the season and did this on their own (get to the brink of making the playoffs, that is)?

I guess my point is that changes have to be made, but does Darcy only deserve less than one year with the shackles off under Pegula? I thought the deadline moves were good - we have seem to have some good kids ready to step in - but is a complete overhaul needed b/c Roy did not play up to his ability or Vanek disappeared, Miller through concussions perhaps struggled the first half, etc/

I called for Lindy Ruff's head. I also called for Darcy.

But I know that in the real world, they were going to get their chance to make things happen under a new owner.

Many don't want to push through with Regier over the summer. I'm willing to let things play out. His recent moves have been convincing. And Leino was most definitely a gamble. I like that he took the chance. Many here will hold it against him that would have crucified him had he not done it.

I won't oppose changes to coach and FO. I won't be disappointed if they are not made. Because I have seen what happens when one thinks the grass is greener. Sometimes the only thing you can do is wait and see.

I always feel this way. I definitely didn't think we were going to make the playoffs, as recently as yesterday. That doesn't mean, even though it was disappointing as hell, I didn't enjoy and create memories this season. Hockey is ingrained deep in my psyche, so when it ends, no matter how, it is the worst day of the year.

And I am lucky I wasn't as huge a fan in 05-06 and 06-07 as I am now, because I wouldnt have been able to leave my room for weeks.

I guess maybe you are lucky, but that run in 2006 was a thing to behold. That gutted everybody. It was ridiculous, the freaking Cup was in their hands. That series win over Ottawa still brings me to an emotional moment.

I guess it's going to start here, after all.

As for Darcy, I don't care either way. He's made good moves under Pegula (Hodgson, Regehr, Ehrhoff), and not so good moves (Leino, Boyes). Would I give him another year? Sure, but I wouldn't cry if they went in another direction.

Ruff? People are nuts if they want him gone. The "message is stale after 15 years" argument doesn't work, because none of the players have been here for 15 years. Your point about the big run is very well-taken. I guess I'll save the rest of it for the inevitable meltdown thread.

One other thing - we have to figure out how to beat the Atlantic division - our record against Philly, Pitt, and Isles was atrocious this year and in recent memory. Ironically, we play the Rangers the toughest and they look like a solid bet to make a run

It worked out well for me. I experienced it without realizing that I wouldn't again for a long time. Being only 13 or so I fully expected that the next couple of years, only to have hopes crushed by reality.

That team still haunts my dreams. I can hear the call on Briere in game six ot like it just happened.

I guess maybe you are lucky, but that run in 2006 was a thing to behold. That gutted everybody. It was ridiculous, the freaking Cup was in their hands. That series win over Ottawa still brings me to an emotional moment.

I guess it's going to start here, after all.

As for Darcy, I don't care either way. He's made good moves under Pegula (Hodgson, Regehr, Ehrhoff), and not so good moves (Leino, Boyes). Would I give him another year? Sure, but I wouldn't cry if they went in another direction.

Ruff? People are nuts if they want him gone. The "message is stale after 15 years" argument doesn't work, because none of the players have been here for 15 years. Your point about the big run is very well-taken. I guess I'll save the rest of it for the inevitable meltdown thread.

4 playoff appearances over the last 10 seasons. No GM or coach deserves to keep their job with such a low level of success.

I now Ruff is your boy, looking at how he has handled Luke Adam and Enroth this season tells me he needs to be gone. Not to mention Myers' decline.

4 playoff appearances over the last 10 seasons. No GM or coach deserves to keep their job with such a low level of success.

I now Ruff is your boy, looking at how he has handled Luke Adam and Enroth this season tells me he needs to be gone. Not to mention Myers' decline.

4 final fours in his tenure. Gimme the list of teams.

And it's "know," FFS. Let's get some basics down, regardless of consumption.

It's Lindy's fault that Tyler broke his foot? :unsure:

Enroth played 25 games this year - Miller was fantastic January on. Tell me how you would have played Enroth at any point the last two months the way Miller was playing. Making moves in hindsight is easy

Archived