GDT: Toronto @ Buffalo 4-3-2012 7:00PM

Claude Balls

It would be a logistical nightmare. But if you could bring it down to a 2 game series (which strangely enough, the Kings and Sharks do have to end their seasons), what happens if they split those games? You're still left with a tie breaker scenario.

The best they could do is what the NFL did this year, schedule divisional matchups to close the season. Those are the teams that are most likely to be in close competition in the standings. It does look like they tried for something close to that as all the games on Saturday are inter-conference.

Then again, if they do get the reallignment they were pushing for, the season will definitely end with intra-divisional matchups (well, except for those two divisions that wind up with 7 teams).

I guess it could be a logistical nightmare if it were something like a Buffalo Tampa series, but I don't think it would be that bad, its not like they would be playing a team out west where they would be going through time zones. If they tie the series, then they could use head to heads as tie breakers, or goals scored to goals against, something like that instead of the "Who has more wins not decided by a shootout". My comment about the tie breaker was more to do with the tie breaker coming from a stat thats rarely ever used/seen on stat sheets coming into play, and devaluing some wins even though they are normally counted the same in the standings as a regulation win

I guess it could be a logistical nightmare if it were something like a Buffalo Tampa series, but I don't think it would be that bad, its not like they would be playing a team out west where they would be going through time zones. If they tie the series, then they could use head to heads as tie breakers, or goals scored to goals against, something like that instead of the "Who has more wins not decided by a shootout". My comment about the tie breaker was more to do with the tie breaker coming from a stat thats rarely ever used/seen on stat sheets coming into play, and devaluing some wins even though they are normally counted the same in the standings as a regulation win

if my memory serves me correctly in Soccer tourneys they take instead of who won how many of the head to head matchups, the goal differential. If you won 3 of the 4 games 2-1 and then lost the last game 5-1 the team with the 1-3 record but the 8-7 goal differential wins.

I thought the season was over with a minute to go in the Tampa game. Let's not forget that Peg Florida game tonight because if Florida wins, their game against the Caps Thursday is meaningless.

Sabres win and the season is alive. If they lose, I don't think there is one fan alive who can say they deserved it. Either way, I will be at peace (until Thursday).

No game against a team that has dominated your division for 4 consecutive years is ever meaningless. It may have less meaning, but it certainly won't be meaningless.

Last train to playoffsville. Will Buffalo take it? I sure hope so! If there ever was a must win...

The train to Playoffsville must travel through Pominville.

Was anyone else throwing out F-Bombs under their breath (or otherwise) when Washington tied the game last night? The Capitals refuse to put the Sabres away... which says something about that team and also makes me even more aggravated we didn't come away with at least one point over the weekend.

I agree that it's three game sevens. But the door just opened a crack!

if my memory serves me correctly in Soccer tourneys they take instead of who won how many of the head to head matchups, the goal differential. If you won 3 of the 4 games 2-1 and then lost the last game 5-1 the team with the 1-3 record but the 8-7 goal differential wins.

Close but I think that's wrong. The way they do it in european professional soccer tournaments (i.e. champions league) is they play a home and home and the winner is either a) the team that won both games, b) the team with the most goals or c) if goals are tied, the team with the most away goals.

Pretty sure if you win more games that automatically trumps scoring more goals. Not positive though...

come on Roy and Vanek: wake the **** up.

How many 5x5 shots has vanek taken after lindy put his new world beating center on that line along with Tropp (an ahl level winger in his first year up). How many of those were scoring chances.In the last six how many shots have Cody Tropp and Vanek taken individually.. Do you see anything wrong with those totals? ..Are opposing teams playing their shutdown lines against the Ennis line? Have you noticed all those times that Tropp and Cody have put the puck on Vaneks stick when he found a seam in the Toronto game or the Pitt game? How about the two games before that.How about the last six? Do you think they lost the last two 1. Because they did not score enough 2. Because Vanek did not score? 3. because Roy did not score 4.because they cannot handle a physical opponet 5. Because the defense was not up to par?

i hope you don't have plans for the rest of the week, cause if they win tonight, I don't think we can allow you to leave until the Sabres are officially ruled out by the NHL (not TSC)

I'm free every night there's a game. This could get expensive.

You could Marshawn Lynch it and sneak in your own booze.

True, but then my bartender buddy doesn't see any tips, and that's not nice. Freedom Fries always turns up the music when I play Danger Zone on the jukebox, and for that I am thankful.

On the way to dropping my 6 year old daughter off at school, I said the Sabres had a biiiiiiiiig game tonight against the....duh duh duh - Toronto Maple Leafs. She said, that's not a big game, they never win. How this got ingrained in her, I have no idea but it was a thing of beauty to hear.

How many 5x5 shots has vanek taken after lindy put his new world beating center on that line along with Tropp (an ahl level winger in his first year up). How many of those were scoring chances.In the last six how many shots have Cody Tropp and Vanek taken individually.. Do you see anything wrong with those totals? ..Are opposing teams playing their shutdown lines against the Ennis line? Have you noticed all those times that Tropp and Cody have put the puck on Vaneks stick when he found a seam in the Toronto game or the Pitt game? How about the two games before that.How about the last six? Do you think they lost the last two 1. Because they did not score enough 2. Because Vanek did not score? 3. because Roy did not score 4.because they cannot handle a physical opponet 5. Because the defense was not up to par?

1. I don't know. Also: I'm not sure what a 5x5 shot is.

2. Didn't count.

3. Didn't count.

4. Don't know what the totals are.

5. I haven't noticed.

6. I've seen some chances that were right on his stick, yes, but mostly off rebounds admittedly.

7. Not sure.

8. Not sure about that either.

9. All of the above (choice not offered)

Was anyone else throwing out F-Bombs under their breath (or otherwise) when Washington tied the game last night? The Capitals refuse to put the Sabres away... which says something about that team and also makes me even more aggravated we didn't come away with at least one point over the weekend.

I agree that it's three game sevens. But the door just opened a crack!

I swore so loud it was rediculous. Of course when Stamkos scored I was jumping up and down screaming "thank you stamkos!!!" It will mean nothing without a win tonight. I hope the boys showup like TB did for their last home game.

Close but I think that's wrong. The way they do it in european professional soccer tournaments (i.e. champions league) is they play a home and home and the winner is either a) the team that won both games, b) the team with the most goals or c) if goals are tied, the team with the most away goals.

Pretty sure if you win more games that automatically trumps scoring more goals. Not positive though...

ok that makes sense then. I knew it was something like that.

1. I don't know. Also: I'm not sure what a 5x5 shot is.

2. Didn't count.

3. Didn't count.

4. Don't know what the totals are.

5. I haven't noticed.

6. I've seen some chances that were right on his stick, yes, but mostly off rebounds admittedly.

7. Not sure.

8. Not sure about that either.

9. All of the above (choice not offered)

Have always like your sense of humor...I did laugh after reading your reply.. i think you may be the last honest man.....

Living in Bruins country right now and I'm surrounded by Boston fans at work. But I have one Philadelphia fan in the mix as well. Being desperate for playoff action and, ultimately, the Cup, I have begged every one of them to have their teams (Bruins & Flyers) lay down later this week. Sucks needing their help, but, then again, it's not beneath me to ask.

You could Marshawn Lynch it and sneak in your own booze.

True, but then my bartender buddy doesn't see any tips, and that's not nice. Freedom Fries always turns up the music when I play Danger Zone on the jukebox, and for that I am thankful.

You could Marshawn Lynch it and steal $20 bills from horny cop wives at the bar.

Archived