Look out Ottawa we are coming after ya

bills_fan_in_raleigh

Everyone has to agree that no one thought we could make this kind of run. Not only are we winning, but we have become a team that is excellent to watch. This has been a crazy season. All I want to see are the Sabres in the playoffs. Don't care who they catch. I hate Ottawa and would love to play Philly again and get a rematch in the playoffs.

Great statement game last night, everyone pray for Christian as we need him on D for this historic run.

I would be generally concerned about the playoffs if I was a fan of Buffalo, Washington or Ottawa...

Yes, its turned into a three team race for the 7/8 seeds. Amazing we're even in the discussion.

And Ottawa received quite a gift from the schedule with a game on Monday and not playing again until Saturday. WTF?

Ottawa's remaining schedule:

@Flyers

@Islanders

Hurricanes

Bruins

@Devils

Also keep in mind Bishop is out for 2 weeks, so they have to ride with Anderson. If the Sabres can go 4-1, they finish with 94 points. In order to leapfrog Ottawa, the most they can get it 6 points out of 10, ideally with 1 win in the shootout so we pass them in ROW. Looking at their schedule it's definitely possible they go 2-3 and the Sabres pass them. Even if they go 3-2 we can pass them depending on how ROW ends up. If they win 4 it would be almost impossible to pass them as the Sabres would have to win all 5 and ROW would have to miraculously swing in our favor.

By the way, if we end up tied in Points and ROW with Ottawa, they will likely get the tiebreaker. After points and ROW, it goes to total points gained in head-to-head, which was a tie with OTT this season. Next, it goes to goal differential for all 82 games, and right now we're at -8 while Ottawa stands at +9.

Edit -- In other words, if we plan on tying Ottawa in points, we'd have to score FOUR more ROW's than them in these final five games to get the tiebreaker. Not likely to happen.

By the way, if we end up tied in Points and ROW with Ottawa, they will likely get the tiebreaker. After points and ROW, it goes to total points gained in head-to-head, which was a tie with OTT this season. Next, it goes to goal differential for all 82 games, and right now we're at -8 while Ottawa stands at +9.

Edit -- In other words, if we plan on tying Ottawa in points, we'd have to score FOUR more ROW's than them in these final five games to get the tiebreaker. Not likely to happen.

Well, you have to keep in mind that the Sabres have 2 games remaining w/ the Loafs. You really think that a 17 goal swing is out of question including those 2 games into the mix?

I am not comfortable with this thread. I get the feeling that people think we are in the playoffs now, but with one loss against some strong teams and we could be out again. Catching Ottawa would be great, but I am more focused on just staying in than on what seed we get. And let's not look past the Leafs. No team is so bad that they are a guarantied win.

Sorry to be a downer, I am just worried. If Washington beats the Bruins tomorrow the pressure is on again.

[edit] And what is the deal with this Timmy picture as my avatar? Is that the new default? Not cool...need to change that when I get to a real computer.

I am not comfortable with this thread. I get the feeling that people think we are in the playoffs now, but with one loss against some strong teams and we could be out again. Catching Ottawa would be great, but I am more focused on just staying in than on what seed we get. And let's not look past the Leafs. No team is so bad that they are a guarantied win.

Sorry to be a downer, I am just worried. If Washington beats the Bruins tomorrow the pressure is on again.

[edit] And what is the deal with this Timmy picture as my avatar? Is that the new default? Not cool...need to change that when I get to a real computer.

Really, you have Timmy as your avatar? I hadn't noticed. :ph34r:

I was too busy thinking that Ottawa is dead flipping meat.

Same here. For the most part I've been one of the optimistic ones, although I've made my share of Miller rants, not to mention a couple about Stafford and Boyes. But, this season isn't done yet. Anything can happen. Shooting for Ottawa is great, showing there is confidence in the team. And I don't think it's out of the question. But let's get there first. Not like we're up 6 points on the Caps. Although, after last nights showing I don't think they have it in them to make any noise (I know Panthers fans were happy to see the Sabres win last night).

Now the question is......... who do you want to face in the first round? Looks like the Rangers will win the division, they beat the jets tonight. I think the Rangers are more consistent than the Bruins. But if the Bruins decide to start playing when playoffs start.......... I sure would like some revenge though hehe. The Sabres could have the opportunity to decide who they play in the first round when it comes down to game 82. Just remember back to the game against the Devils in 09-10 where all it took was an empty net GWG by the Devils to seal our fate in the #3 spot and a first round matchup against the Flyers.

Wait....you mean because of who we'd have to play in the first round, right? Or did I read that wrong?

No. Because their playoff position could evaporate in a couple of games...

I am not saying we r for sure in playoffs but I would like to get as many points as possible to make the last week of season a little more comfortable

Archived