GDT: Minnesota at Buffalo (3/24/2012, 7:00pm)

deluca67

After tonight, the Sabres have 4 of the next 5 days off--- it wouldn't be crazy to go with Miller again, although Minnesota is the opponent you'd like to start your backup against. Having said that, doesn't Enroth have a stellar record (and Miller generally terrible in his career) against Pittsburgh? Not that the current edition of the Pens is even the same team the Sabres beat 6-2 a few Sundays back.

After tonight, the Sabres have 4 of the next 5 days off--- it wouldn't be crazy to go with Miller again, although Minnesota is the opponent you'd like to start your backup against. Having said that, doesn't Enroth have a stellar record (and Miller generally terrible in his career) against Pittsburgh? Not that the current edition of the Pens is even the same team the Sabres beat 6-2 a few Sundays back.

Enroth was the reason we made the playoffs last year. I say play him, but play some frickin' D too.

PTR

Tyler Ennis now has 27pts in 41 games and has improved is ppga to 0.659 He is the key to this teams recent successes and his emergence has changed the chemistry for a lot of players.

Drew Stafford is at 0.616ppga and has been feeding off of Ennis. It could be he just needed a center who could feed him the puck. Either way this duo along with Foligno have given us a line that can dominate.

I think the emergence of Stafford, Foligno and Ennis is the perfect example of synergy. They are all three feeding off each other. Foligno has Stafford able to focus more om pure scoring, Ennis gets the space to use his speed, Stafford's sniping leaves Ennis free to be creative as seen on his goal last night where the previous goal by Stafford had everyone thinking Ennis would pass it again.

The impressive awareness of Foligno, paired with the speed and skills of Ennis and the scoring and confidence of Stafford is a joy to watch. Against the Rangers is seamed like as soon as any one of those three touched the puck, the line was breaking in on the Rangers almost immediately. The best team in hockey (allegedly) had absolutely no answer against that line. I am much looking forward to seeing that line again tonight!

Score enough so it doesn't matter who is in net, even if it were my fat arce in net. The Sabres have been playing really well and scoring goals, it's time to impose their will on a team that has nothing to play for. Make the Wild start thinking about site-seeing in Washington tomorrow.

Snagged from today's Minneapolis Tribune:

"The Sabres are 6-2-2 in their past 10 games and are looking to become the first team in NHL history to be in last place in the conference in January and make the playoffs"

You convinced me, Punch. Miller should play tonight.

Arghhhhh goota go out with friends tinight and in DC so no tivo either. Son has gamecenter on his phone, thatll have to do.Cool thing is i do have NHL networkintheroom, and least get highlghts after.

Put me in the trap category, but think we win in OT.I also think Quins readY to lose one, but damn it be nice if not!

If there is such a thing as a trap game in the NHL, this is it. Huge win against one of the best teams in the league. Huge emotional high. Second of a back to back after travel against a team nobody expects to beat us with the Caps coming up on Tuesday.

Stay focused and take care of business, boys. That's all I ask.

Vanek gets off the schneid with a pair of goals for his fans back in Minny.

GO SABRES!!!

I can almost understand your feeling but how can they not stay focused at this point?

I'm not subscribing to the trap theory. They barely had enough time to think about this game between the end of the last one, travel, sleep, and the start of this one.

60 minutes to glory

Snagged from today's Minneapolis Tribune:

"The Sabres are 6-2-2 in their past 10 games and are looking to become the first team in NHL history to be in last place in the conference in January and make the playoffs"

Wow, crazy stat. Thanks for sharing!

Archived