Sabres remaining schedule

Foot In The Crease!

Florida also isn't a lock for the Southwest, they could get knocked out by Washington and passed by someone else too cause its either 3rd (division win) or 8th for any team in the Southeast to make the playoffs

Ottawa losing. Winny lost. Florida won. Washington is the target. Ottawa could still eff it up, but it would be an epic collapse. but I would love to see Ottawa do it.

i think 6-4 takes it. i see wash fading down the stretch .

On occasion getting less than 93 will get you there, but those low point years are few and far between since the 3 pt game came on the scene. Realistically they have to be thinking 7-1-1 from here on out. Which will likely put them in 5 games and out in the 1st round. (Which I will take, considering they've completely shot any chance at a top 5 draft pick.) Damn, I've got to send in my playoff ticket order very soon. But I will probably wait until the 3rd round order comes out to get extra seats. (It's good to have a low STH #. :beer: )

Ottawa losing. Winny lost. Florida won. Washington is the target. Ottawa could still eff it up, but it would be an epic collapse. but I would love to see Ottawa do it.

Was watching Hockey Central on Sportsnet last night and they were saying Florida will lock up the southeast, they have 7 games against non playoff teams remaining and then talked about the job they did this year rebuilding the Panthers and how they have an even brighter future cause they rebuilt without sacrificing their top youth guys. After that they talked about Buffalos mid season comeback and how teams will have to watch out for them cause they could steal the #8 spot with the way they have been playing. Right now, if when they win tonight, they will be 4 points away from Ottawa for 7th, making Ottawa catchable also with 8 games remaining

Was watching Hockey Central on Sportsnet last night and they were saying Florida will lock up the southeast, they have 7 games against non playoff teams remaining and then talked about the job they did this year rebuilding the Panthers and how they have an even brighter future cause they rebuilt without sacrificing their top youth guys. After that they talked about Buffalos mid season comeback and how teams will have to watch out for them cause they could steal the #8 spot with the way they have been playing. Right now, if when they win tonight, they will be 4 points away from Ottawa for 7th, making Ottawa catchable also with 8 games remaining

It would take a minor (major?) miracle, but it's possible that Florida overtakes Boston for the 2 seed and we catch Ottawa for the 7. Could there possibly be a better matchup? It's beyond a long shot, but I said the same thing about Mario Williams becoming a Bill...and then it happened. C'mon sports gods, help a city out!

Toss-up of all toss-ups.

Just keep winning, and good things will happen.

Tough schedule though. Oy @ Philly and Boston to close out the year. You know those punks would just LOVE to keep us out.

One of the good things about playing those teams at the end is they may be trying to rest guys for the playoffs, and not be fielding as strong a team

It would take a minor (major?) miracle, but it's possible that Florida overtakes Boston for the 2 seed and we catch Ottawa for the 7. Could there possibly be a better matchup? It's beyond a long shot, but I said the same thing about Mario Williams becoming a Bill...and then it happened. C'mon sports gods, help a city out!

Exactly, 7th isn't out of reach, and I don't think the Bruins get to face the Leafs many more time (if any) so they could (might take a miracle, but possible) drop to 3rd behind Florida

One of the good things about playing those teams at the end is they may be trying to rest guys for the playoffs, and not be fielding as strong a team

Resting players for the playoffs, or trying to get the best matchup possible for themselves.........

I would be happy with any spot 8 and up, but my hope is that if the Sabres make it in, the first round isn't against Boston. Any other match-up I think the odds even out more. This Sabres team needs a good first-round run before they can face a physical team like Boston and stand a chance of coming out the other side.

I really don't think we'll have a handle on exactly who may hit 7 and 8 until the last few games of the season. I don't think Winnipeg is in the race anymore, rather, it's a musical chairs between Ottawa, Washington, and the Sabres for those last two seats.

So, with that said:

Mar 23 @NYR WIN or OT

Mar 24 MIN WIN

Mar 27 @WAS WIN

Mar 30 PIT WIN or OT

Mar 31 @TOR WIN

Apr 3 TOR WIN

Apr 5 @PHI LOSS

Apr 7 @BOS WIN or OT

I so prefer to be realistic, and based on the way I'm seeing this last stretch pan out for the Sabres, the above is my actual predictions - which, frankly, surprises even me.

At the worst, that's 11 more points. 91 to end the season. So...close...

that's the only one I disagree with. Pittsburg are ridiculous at the moment.

I gave that one some thought, too. I was initally considering it just a WIN, but decided it's a safer bet as a tie. Even though the record doesn't indicate it, lately I have thought the Sabres could take Pittsburgh in a series. The games always seem so close until the Penguins break down the Sabres' confidence. A mentally tough Sabres roster could suffer through that and turn it around on the Pens. I guess we'll see, but I would love a Sabres/Pittsburgh series.

I would be happy with any spot 8 and up, but my hope is that if the Sabres make it in, the first round isn't against Boston. Any other match-up I think the odds even out more. This Sabres team needs a good first-round run before they can face a physical team like Boston and stand a chance of coming out the other side.

I really don't think we'll have a handle on exactly who may hit 7 and 8 until the last few games of the season. I don't think Winnipeg is in the race anymore, rather, it's a musical chairs between Ottawa, Washington, and the Sabres for those last two seats.

So, with that said:

Mar 23 @NYR WIN or OT

Mar 24 MIN WIN

Mar 27 @WAS WIN

Mar 30 PIT WIN or OT

Mar 31 @TOR WIN

Apr 3 TOR WIN

Apr 5 @PHI LOSS

Apr 7 @BOS WIN or OT

I so prefer to be realistic, and based on the way I'm seeing this last stretch pan out for the Sabres, the above is my actual predictions - which, frankly, surprises even me.

At the worst, that's 11 more points. 91 to end the season. So...close...

So far, a point better than the worst case. So far...

I have to admit, I am AMAZED to see them make this push. And what's funny is that the press outside of Buffalo is not talking about it. They're all pointing at Pittsburgh.

So far, a point better than the worst case. So far...

I have to admit, I am AMAZED to see them make this push. And what's funny is that the press outside of Buffalo is not talking about it. They're all pointing at Pittsburgh.

I prefer not to be talked about. It seems we do better when we sneak in...Our team seems to not handle being in the spotlight well, so I hope we sneak in the back door.

I prefer not to be talked about. It seems we do better when we sneak in...Our team seems to not handle being in the spotlight well, so I hope we sneak in the back door.

I agree, let them talk about Pitts all they want.

Lets the boys fly under the radar, and gives Ruff something to hang on the locker room wall, if they do sneak in.

Mar 23 @NYR WIN

Mar 24 MIN WIN

Mar 27 @WAS WIN

Mar 30 PIT WIN or OT

Mar 31 @TOR WIN

Apr 3 TOR WIN

Apr 5 @PHI LOSS

Apr 7 @BOS WIN or OT

I feel compelled to keep this updated. My gut is saying they get the OT point on Friday.

Fleury left the game and didn't come back in the 3rd. I don't know if that was due to score/performance or injury. If Thiessen starts Friday, I think we win.

If that's true, then my original call will stand!

If we win 3 of the last 5, we're in ... I can't see the Caps winning at Boston or at New York, even if they are able to beat Mon, TB, and Fla.

Two wins against TOR and one more win or (2) OTL against PIT,PHI, NYR gets it done ...

So the magic number starts at 9, and only goes down, as Washington leaves points on the ice against THEIR remaining schedule:

Thu. 03/29 @ BOS

Sat. 03/31 vs. MON

Mon. 04/02 @ TBL

Wed. 04/04 vs. FLA

Fri. 04/06 @ NYR

That magic number ignores Ottawa though. It's possible for us to get in even if Washington passes us.

The Sabres are the only team with a losing record(8-9-2) against the remaining teams on their schedule. Washington is 12-6-1. Florida is 9-5-2 and Ottawa is 7-6-4.

that takes into account the slump from november to january though. since that slump, they and pittsburgh are the hottest teams in the nhl. there is no reason why they can't beat boston and philly. the two TO games are practically "gimmes." the pittsburgh game is going to be the challenge, especially if the rangers lose tonight, giving pittsburgh hope of catching up to them in their division. if the rangers lose tonight, i predict pittsburgh plays a more relaxed, "keep it simple" game and accept their fate as the 4th or 5th seed.

The magic number against Ottawa is 13.

And there's the problem with magic numbers, that one ignores both Washington and Winnipeg. Here's a scenario:

-Ottawa loses out

-Buffalo takes 3 points

-Washington and Winnipeg win out

Washington: 94 points

Winnipeg: 90

Buffalo: 89

Ottawa: 88

Leaving both Buffalo and Ottawa on the outside looking in. Magic numbers are ridiculously complicated if you want to try to factor in all teams within reach.

Archived