Sabres remaining schedule

Foot In The Crease!

Washington is on pace for 89 and is trending down. (2-2-0 in last 4, 50% pts%, 82 point pace)

Winnipeg is on pace for 87 and is trending down. (2-2-0 in last 4, 50% pts%, 82 point pace)

Sabres are on pace for 87 and are trending up. (2-0-2 in last 4, 75% pts%, 123 point pace)

90 should be enough to get in, as long as 2 of those are @ Washington in Regulation.

Picture could be even brighter by the time we head to Manhattan.

Does anyone think toronto will squeak back into the picture? I know they're forgotten and 4 back of us. But we play them twice and if we play uninspired hockey they could easily leap frog us into the race

It would take alot for them to get back in, like coming close to sweeping their remainder of the games left, AND having 3 of 4 teams ahead of them losing out. Its possible, but less likely. That is just to make the playoffs though. To leap frog over Buffalo, or one of the Southeast teams in the race, its possible

It would take alot for them to get back in, like coming close to sweeping their remainder of the games left, AND having 3 of 4 teams ahead of them losing out. Its possible, but less likely. That is just to make the playoffs though. To leap frog over Buffalo, or one of the Southeast teams in the race, its possible

They have the potential to pass us by winning both of the games against us head to head. But let's remember that we are on the outside looking in right now, and Toronto passing us doesn't accomplish much for them since they would still be well behind Washington and/or Winnepeg.

Ok scratch my last statement regarding the leafs, boy they they suck it up tonight!!!!

you've got to remember though even though they got completely crushed tonight, if they have no chance to get the 8th spot that could potentially make them more dangerous. The two leafs games come off the sabres playing both washington and pittsburgh, two games they could easily lose. So just because the leafs won't make the playoffs doesn't mean they won't take any chance they have to drag other teams down with them.

you've got to remember though even though they got completely crushed tonight, if they have no chance to get the 8th spot that could potentially make them more dangerous. The two leafs games come off the sabres playing both washington and pittsburgh, two games they could easily lose. So just because the leafs won't make the playoffs doesn't mean they won't take any chance they have to drag other teams down with them.

I believe this aspect of a team's psyche is vastly overrated. Once a team is out of it, the organization is generally starting to try some new things, give younger players more time, etc. I honestly don't believe they sit around the locker room foaming at the mouth for a chance to keep another team out of the playoffs. Just my opinion, others may disagree.

I believe this aspect of a team's psyche is vastly overrated. Once a team is out of it, the organization is generally starting to try some new things, give younger players more time, etc. I honestly don't believe they sit around the locker room foaming at the mouth for a chance to keep another team out of the playoffs. Just my opinion, others may disagree.

Depends on the players and the team. I think the Leafs have shown they are the kind of team thats already booking Tee times and breaking out their clubs. Maybe they were trying to end it early so they could enter into the Masters tournament? They have had enough practice and experience over the years that they might be able to give Tiger or McElroy a run for their money

Which games do you see them winning/losing?

I could see them finishing the season:

Mar 19 @TB W

Mar 21 MON W

Mar 23 @NYR L(OT)

Mar 24 MIN W

Mar 27 @WAS W

Mar 30 PIT L

Mar 31 @TOR W

Apr 3 TOR W

Apr 5 @PHI L(OT)

Apr 7 @BOS L

Will 6-2-2,90 points be enough to get us into 8th?

No I don't think 90 does it.

My guess is 92 or better which requires no less than 8-2, better would be 8-1-1.

Based on season series:

Mar 21 MON, Buffalo is 4-1-0, W

Mar 23 @NYR, Buffalo is 0-1-2, 0-0-1 @ NYR, L

Mar 24 MIN, MIN is 2-7-1 in last 10, 1-1-2 against NE division, W

Mar 27 @WAS, Buffalo is 2-1-0, W

Mar 30 PIT, Buffalo is 2-1-0, W

Mar 31 @TOR, Buffalo is 2-2, 0-2 @ TOR, L

Apr 3 TOR, Buffalo is 2-2, 2-0 @ BUF, W

Apr 5 @PHI, Buffalo is 0-2-1, L

Apr 7 @BOS, Buffalo is 2-2-1, 0-2 @ BOS, L

5 wins, 5 losses, 88 points. Demands WSH does no better than 3-5-1, PEG does no better than 5-4-1.

Based on Sabres last 10:

Sabres' last 10 is 6-2-2, about 1.4 standings points per game, making them on pace for about 13 more points, totaling 91 points. Demands WSH does no better than 5-4-0, PEG does no better than 7-3-0.

Based on WSH/PEG last 10:

Both WSH and PEG are 5-4-1 in their last 10, putting WSH on pace to finish with 90 points and PEG with 77 points. Sabres would need to do no worse than 6-2-1.

If WSH goes 8-2-0, they will clinch.

Based on season series:

Mar 21 MON, Buffalo is 4-1-0, W

Mar 23 @NYR, Buffalo is 0-1-2, 0-0-1 @ NYR, L

Mar 24 MIN, MIN is 2-7-1 in last 10, 1-1-2 against NE division, W

Mar 27 @WAS, Buffalo is 2-1-0, W

Mar 30 PIT, Buffalo is 2-1-0, W

Mar 31 @TOR, Buffalo is 2-2, 0-2 @ TOR, L

Apr 3 TOR, Buffalo is 2-2, 2-0 @ BUF, W

Apr 5 @PHI, Buffalo is 0-2-1, L

Apr 7 @BOS, Buffalo is 2-2-1, 0-2 @ BOS, L

5 wins, 5 losses, 88 points. Demands WSH does no better than 3-5-1, PEG does no better than 5-4-1.

Based on Sabres last 10:

Sabres' last 10 is 6-2-2, about 1.4 standings points per game, making them on pace for about 13 more points, totaling 91 points. Demands WSH does no better than 5-4-0, PEG does no better than 7-3-0.

Based on WSH/PEG last 10:

Both WSH and PEG are 5-4-1 in their last 10, putting WSH on pace to finish with 90 points and PEG with 77 points. Sabres would need to do no worse than 6-2-1.

If WSH goes 8-2-0, they will clinch.

8-1 or 7-0-2, they only have 9 games left.

I'm thinking Ottawa is no lock either ... 84 pts with 9 to go - anything can happen and their schedule is no walk either.

Florida also isn't a lock for the Southwest, they could get knocked out by Washington and passed by someone else too cause its either 3rd (division win) or 8th for any team in the Southeast to make the playoffs

Archived