GDT: Sabres at Senators 3/10/12 7:00 PM

nfreeman

IMO we can't go less than 10-2-2 in these final 14 games.

I'd dare say MUST WIN tonight.

Who's Hot: Spezza with nine goals and 22 points in his last 13 games. Michalek, with nine goals and 18 points over the stretch. Sabres scoring leader Pominville broke a six-game oh-fer streak with two goals and an assist in his last two. Vanek is starting to heat up a bit as well with a goal and two assists in the last two.

Interesting! If the Sabres go 10-2-2 over their last 14 games that would make them .500 for the season, 41-41.

Wonder what Ennis did to suddenly find himself in Lindy's doghouse?

Playing with Stafford and Boyes is probably the worst punishment a player can be subjected to on this team.

Is it really a promotion for "Hodgson?" He is one of only two actual centers on the roster. It seems more like a lack of options than it is a promotion.

Amerks game man. Plus it will be cool because you be able to witness firsthand what the Sabres really have with their farm team.

Well...half of them, with Foligno and Tropp on the Sabres now. McNabb and Adam may be worth a look. McNabb's been pretty quiet lately with Luke Adam being in a terrible slump until his flukey goal last night. Forgot about Brennan, he's playing well.

"Newcomer Cody Hodgson found himself promoted to the top line today, part of a series of changes that Ruff made to the forward combinations at Friday’s practice. Hodgson will skate between Ville Leino and Jason Pominville, while Tyler Ennis is back at center with Drew Stafford and Brad Boyes. The changes have also moved Derek Royto center on a line with wingers Nathan Gerbe and Corey Tropp."

http://sabres.nhl.co...s.htm?id=621403

Thank You.

I cannot help but wonder when the Sabres will begin to retailiate after the other team targets their key guys ala Miller, Ennis, Pom and Vanek. Once again they take a hit and Boston's top three get to skate around with immunity. It has been a long standing embarrasment..Seems like every team is adopting the tactic.

Then the question becomes...who do they have that could retaliate

It's not like they have to win every battle, but they need to stick up for one another, like in the Boston game last month which they won 6 - 0.

Is it June yet? No? Alright I am going back into hibernation...

Seriously though with Washington winning and the Sabres inability to be anything other than streaky, it is unlikely we make the playoffs, it is insanity to think we make it out of round 1, and it is a down right lie to assume this team is even remotely capable of making a run. Bottom line, I hope we win but if we lose it matters very little.

I'm calling a win tonight with goals from Hodgson, Stafford, and Leino... Sabres 3 - 1

Rough transcription from the pre-game audio:

PH: Coach, what do you expect if Foligno plays tonight.

LR: Well, I'm hoping he'll be the best Foligno on the ice.

PH: And what does he have to do to be the best Foligno.

LR: Well, he'll have to out-do the other Foligno.

Good one, coach! :P

Raise your hand if you are looking for desperation from this team tonight. I want to see this team play tonight, win or lose, like there are only 14 games left in the season and they are on the outside looking in to the playoffs.

I watched the Capitals win a game this afternoon, where they blew a two goal lead, because they suddenly played desperate. The Sabres will not be the most talented team on the ice tonight, there is no reason why they can't be the more desperate team and take the 2 points on the road.

Stafford and Roy need a lot more than a spark, they both need defibrillator.

If either of them had a heart, a defibrillator would come in handy. As it is, it's just a worthless piece of equipment to them.

GO SABRES!!!

That's true - ahh well, we can still take them. I'll drink some cocoa or milk out of my new NY Giants 2012 Superbowl Champions mug that just came this week - maybe it will bring us luck? LOL

Good grief, man -- it's Saturday night! With a statement like that, I hope you're either under 21 or over 60. :P

Hey, whatever brings the Sabs good luck...

Archived