GDT: Sabres at Senators 3/10/12 7:00 PM

nfreeman

Well, I haven't started one of these in a while. I know I've been doing a lot of complaining lately but I've also not given up yet on this playoff run.

And I sure wouldn't mind beating these CSs to move into #8.

I'm guessing we'll see Miller in net, Hodgson on the top line and Ennis centering the #2 line.

I hope Kaleta can go.

I think Miller and Myers will do their part.

Go Sabres.

I'm looking forward to the new line configurations for no other reason than the other ones weren't working. Its about time. It'll be interesting to see if Hodgson can get on the board playing on the first line. Ennis small size works better at centre. Roy needs a demotion. Maybe Ruff finally gets it or maybe this is a move out of necessity. Who knows. GO SABRES!

Well, I haven't started one of these in a while. I know I've been doing a lot of complaining lately but I've also not given up yet on this playoff run.

And I sure wouldn't mind beating these CSs to move into #8.

I'm guessing we'll see Miller in net, Hodgson on the top line and Ennis centering the #2 line.

I hope Kaleta can go.

I think Miller and Myers will do their part.

Go Sabres.

I'm not so sure that Lindy will break up the Roy line, especially since they have been the only line to produce in the last 2 games. I heard Lindy say that he'll be moving Ennis back to Center, but I'm guessing that it'll be either Ennis or Hodgson Centering the 3rd line.

I'm looking forward to the new line configurations for no other reason than the other ones weren't working. Its about time. It'll be interesting to see if Hodgson can get on the board playing on the first line. Ennis small size works better at centre. Roy needs a demotion. Maybe Ruff finally gets it or maybe this is a move out of necessity. Who knows. GO SABRES!

I'm not so sure that Lindy will break up the Roy line, especially since they have been the only line to produce in the last 2 games. I heard Lindy say that he'll be moving Ennis back to Center, but I'm guessing that it'll be either Ennis or Hodgson Centering the 3rd line.

"Newcomer Cody Hodgson found himself promoted to the top line today, part of a series of changes that Ruff made to the forward combinations at Friday’s practice. Hodgson will skate between Ville Leino and Jason Pominville, while Tyler Ennis is back at center with Drew Stafford and Brad Boyes. The changes have also moved Derek Royto center on a line with wingers Nathan Gerbe and Corey Tropp."

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=621403

Losing tonight makes it 3 Ls in the last 4 games so I would imagine there SHOULD be some urgency. I doubt the top line will change as Vanek will probably play. I only have 3 games left and two of them take place next week. All I want is for Monday and Wednesday to mean something and then they can go back to getting pushed around by bigger teams for all I care.

They have proved time and time again that when the other team imposes their will, the Sabres wilt. Just make one more week of competitive hockey, is that TOO much to ask?

IMO we can't go less than 10-2-2 in these final 14 games.

I'd dare say MUST WIN tonight.

Who's Hot: Spezza with nine goals and 22 points in his last 13 games. Michalek, with nine goals and 18 points over the stretch. Sabres scoring leader Pominville broke a six-game oh-fer streak with two goals and an assist in his last two. Vanek is starting to heat up a bit as well with a goal and two assists in the last two.

"Newcomer Cody Hodgson found himself promoted to the top line today, part of a series of changes that Ruff made to the forward combinations at Friday’s practice. Hodgson will skate between Ville Leino and Jason Pominville, while Tyler Ennis is back at center with Drew Stafford and Brad Boyes. The changes have also moved Derek Royto center on a line with wingers Nathan Gerbe and Corey Tropp."

http://sabres.nhl.co...s.htm?id=621403

Wonder what Ennis did to suddenly find himself in Lindy's doghouse?

Playing with Stafford and Boyes is probably the worst punishment a player can be subjected to on this team.

I find myself in an interesting predicament. I could watch the sabres play on tv against the sens, or I could go to blue cross for my first amerks game of the year. Theyre playing binghamton tonight too so its the same organizations.... Decisions decisions....

Go to the live game. Then, if the Sabres win, watch it on DVR tomorrow. If they lose,.. don't.

I find myself in an interesting predicament. I could watch the sabres play on tv against the sens, or I could go to blue cross for my first amerks game of the year. Theyre playing binghamton tonight too so its the same organizations.... Decisions decisions....

Amerks game man. Plus it will be cool because you be able to witness firsthand what the Sabres really have with their farm team.

I cannot help but wonder when the Sabres will begin to retailiate after the other team targets their key guys ala Miller, Ennis, Pom and Vanek. Once again they take a hit and Boston's top three get to skate around with immunity. It has been a long standing embarrasment..Seems like every team is adopting the tactic.

Then the question becomes...who do they have that could retaliate

IMO we can't go less than 10-2-2 in these final 14 games.

I'd dare say MUST WIN tonight.

Who's Hot: Spezza with nine goals and 22 points in his last 13 games. Michalek, with nine goals and 18 points over the stretch. Sabres scoring leader Pominville broke a six-game oh-fer streak with two goals and an assist in his last two. Vanek is starting to heat up a bit as well with a goal and two assists in the last two.

Yep, this sort of game - against a marginal opponent that has a poor record, is indeed a must win. Sabres have to win these games so they have a buffer to lose games to an "A" team like they did with Boston the other night.

CoHo was promoted to the top line with Vanek out - let's hope he can impress tonight! Go Sabres!!!!!

Yep, this sort of game - against a marginal opponent that has a poor record, is indeed a must win. Sabres have to win these games so they have a buffer to lose games to an "A" team like they did with Boston the other night.

CoHo was promoted to the top line with Vanek out - let's hope Cory can impress tonight! Go Sabres!!!!!

The Sens are only a few points back of Boston for the NE division lead.

Wrote "Cory" instead of "Cody" - duh! edited and fixed. :)

The Sens are only a few points back of Boston for the NE division lead.

That's true - ahh well, we can still take them. I'll drink some cocoa or milk out of my new NY Giants 2012 Superbowl Champions mug that just came this week - maybe it will bring us luck? LOL

Archived