"Miller angry about Gaustad trade"

2ForTripping

Jesus christ the responses in here are ridiculous.

First of all, the statement was full of "standard NHL cliche". Of course he's not happy, do you want him to say he is? Of course he needs to say he would like to have a teammate who does a lot for the team back in the fold. He pointed out the most obvious of things, the faceoffs, the PK, etc. Whatever.. I dismissed the entire statement. Kaleta didn't like it either, let's roast his ass too.

You know what I care about Ryan Miller? That he stops the GD puck when he's supposed to. Is life really so lacking that we really need to analyze media statements? Haven't we all realized that by and large those statements are complete and utter BS?

Wow...

Yep. The point was he anticipates having to stop the puck "when he is supposed to" more often now. More scoring chances are about to materialize now that Gaustad games on the pk and the shutdown line is in Vancover .There is no one on this team ready to step in. Miller knows that , Kaleta knows that Pom knows that, Myers knows that. Miller knows whats coming and he is preparing himself to deal with it. He knows that it is all going to be his fault in the end because "fans" think the goalie is responsible for all goals scored ..

Quiet and thoughtful are different than sarcastic. Maybe monotone is just the way he is, but even Paul Hamilton was talking about how Miller tends to answer questions with sarcasm. That sounds about right to me. I can't remember the last time I heard him talk where he sounded happy.

He hates the media - the scorn is for them - keep that in mind.

LTS is exactly right. Who gives a sh!t what they say - all I care about is the results.

First of all, the statement was full of "standard NHL cliche". Of course he's not happy, do you want him to say he is? Of course he needs to say he would like to have a teammate who does a lot for the team back in the fold. He pointed out the most obvious of things, the faceoffs, the PK, etc. Whatever.. I dismissed the entire statement. Kaleta didn't like it either, let's roast his ass too.

You know what I care about Ryan Miller? That he stops the GD puck when he's supposed to. Is life really so lacking that we really need to analyze media statements? Haven't we all realized that by and large those statements are complete and utter BS?

Wow...

Feel better now? :P

Wow...

Yeah.

I dont see anything wrong with Millers comments. Gaus was one of the better players on the team, why wouldnt he be angry or pissed or disappointed? I am sure the players would wish they were adding players to make the playoffs, not losing players and pretty much aiming for next year. It would be great if we could sign Gaus in the off season.

He does come across as whiny, like a spoiled teenager. I think his psyche is quite frail and any upsetting of the apple cart sets him off.

You just described this entire message board...

My best guess is that Gaustad re-signs with us in July, and everyone will be happy again.

Also, people need to stop talking about every member of "The Core" like they are team cancers. Miller, Vanek, Pominville, and Gaustad have their faults, but they are not part of the problem. Roy and Stafford are the ones that need to go.

Miller being Miller, loads of players feel that way but Miller's one of few that has always been honest with the media. Since a rookie his been like this, just let him get on with it.

You want him for 2.5-3.0 mil a year? That is a HUGEEEEEE contract!

Who says that will be his contract? You don't know that.

Miller being Miller, loads of players feel that way but Miller's one of few that has always been honest with the media. Since a rookie his been like this, just let him get on with it.

Who says that will be his contract? You don't know that.

What do you think he will sign for?

3.3 X 5 years. perhaps higher depending on how things play out in Nashville's playoffs.

Not that I want to send this thread further down the rabbit hole, but......

That is Steve Ott money. I'd rather make a play for Ott than have Goose at that price.

I don't have a problem with anything he said given they have played together for a decade.

Yea I agree. It seems ppl are trying to make something out of nothing here. If my best friend moved away suddenly i would be sad to see him go too. We shall see tonight if there is some magical post gaustad Miller tantrum in net, but I doubt it.

Wow...

THIS.

3.3 X 5 years. perhaps higher depending on how things play out in Nashville's playoffs.

This might be a bit rich but is in the ballpark IMHO. UFAs always get more than they should. And needless to say, the Sabres should stay far away from him at that price.

Now that Kassian is gone, Enroth becomes the most over hyped prospect in the organization.

No, that's Foligno.

The shine is officially off Enroth. Now he sucks, too.

If Gaustad re-signs, I am going to be far from happy. :thumbdown:

what if it's for a front loaded deal with a cap hit of 2.5?

what if it's for a front loaded deal with a cap hit of 2.5?

I'd be happy to take Gaustad back if his cap hit was $2.5 million or less and being able to front load it definitely makes the contract more enticing to most players. Something like 4 years $10 million with $7 coming in year 1 and salaries of $1 million for the last 3 years would be fine by me.

I'd be happy to take Gaustad back if his cap hit was $2.5 million or less and being able to front load it definitely makes the contract more enticing to most players. Something like 4 years $10 million with $7 coming in year 1 and salaries of $1 million for the last 3 years would be fine by me.

When does the CBA expire? I think this September. Any contract that the Sabres want to front load better be in place by then, as I would think the front loading of contracts will probably be addressed in the new CBA.

Archived