"Miller angry about Gaustad trade"

2ForTripping

They are buddies and were teammates for like 10 years.

I think Miller is worried ... that is two members of "the core" moved in less than a year.

Some poster illuded to this in some thread or other, but Miller should worry less about this stuff and concentrate on his game. If he and the rest of the Sabres played better throughout the year they would not be in the mess they are in now and the Goose would probably still be here.

I can see why he would be upset given their history together and he got it off his chest, no problem

Now if Miller keeps harping on it, then we do have a problem with comfort level of said core players.

The Buffalo Sabres are a business not a social organization. Guastad is a good hockey role player and most times you could not question his heart, but 4th line center at best.....and we got a first round pick for him!

Great business decision great hockey decision in our quest for the cup.

I can see why he would be upset given their history together and he got it off his chest, no problem

Now if Miller keeps harping on it, then we do have a problem with comfort level of said core players.

The Buffalo Sabres are a business not a social organization. Guastad is a good hockey role player and most times you could not question his heart, but 4th line center at best.....and we got a first round pick for him!

Great business decision great hockey decision in our quest for the cup.

Third line centre at best, fourth line centre at worst.

I can understand Miller's distress at moving the core, it probably has less to do with wanting a cushy life and more to do with the idea of what a core is. A core is someone you build a team around, it seems weird to build a team around a core and then trade them. Unless you get an obscene return for them, or in Philly's case, they have an enjoying-life-too-much problem

I don't have a problem with anything he said given they have played together for a decade.

"It was a pretty tough day," Miller said Tuesday. "I'm not going to lie. I'm not real happy about the way it all turned out, but that's the business of hockey.

"You have to do your best with the team you have in the locker room. That's your goal. That's your mission. You have to accept that because it's never going to be any different. We'll get these guys to a good place. We've got a lot of hockey to play here. We feel like we have a chance to do something here. It revolves around winning hockey games. That's not going to be about moping around because Paul's not here. It's about pushing forward."

To be honest, I read it as thinly-veiled barbs at Roy, especially when he talks about how Gaustad was willing to do what others weren't. I don't know, maybe I'm seeing stuff that isn't there. I think he can be upset, but the vocalizing of his discontent makes it seem like whining.

^this

Miller wants more forwards that make his job easier. Reasonable desire, irrational public statement.

Funny how Miller's good buddy left him hanging out to dry during the Lucic incident.

:o I guess he forgot about that completely. Whether it was by accident or convenience remains to be seen.

Poor Miller I would of been fine if he made like one or two comments about his friend being traded but he just kept going on about it. It's a Buisness Miller when are you going to get that.

On top of that, did he forget that he couldn't stay at Michigan State forever? Sure, he probably bonded well with his teammates there, but every one of them moved on after graduation - including him.

I don't have a problem with anything he said given they have played together for a decade.

Same here. I would be more concerned if teammates who played together for a decade didn't care when one was traded.

I agree with this sentiment as well, but they weren't just team mates - they were best friends and room mates at one point. They also climbed Brokeback Mountain and toured Europe together

^this

Miller wants more forwards that make his job easier. Reasonable desire, irrational public statement.

I agree with this as well. Goose has been an important piece in front of miller on PK's - Miller is confortable with his play, and there is no readily apparent replacement for Goose's role. I understand the feeling, but it was poorly worded.

Funny how Miller's good buddy left him hanging out to dry during the Lucic incident.

Yup. But apparently Miller has forgiven him.

Miller always sounds miserable so why should this be any different?

I swear, we could win the Stanley Cup and his post-game interview would be the same sarcastic monotone "Well, I guess you guys were wrong, huh? You guys said we couldn't do this, right?"

Take some Vitamin D and cheer up, Ryan.

Miller always sounds miserable so why should this be any different?

I swear, we could win the Stanley Cup and his post-game interview would be the same sarcastic monotone "Well, I guess you guys were wrong, huh? You guys said we couldn't do this, right?"

Take some Vitamin D and cheer up, Ryan.

Did you ever think that maybe it's just the way he talks? Goalies are all weird. He is reportedly very introspective, which would lend itself toward a quiet, thoughtful interview.

Jesus christ the responses in here are ridiculous.

First of all, the statement was full of "standard NHL cliche". Of course he's not happy, do you want him to say he is? Of course he needs to say he would like to have a teammate who does a lot for the team back in the fold. He pointed out the most obvious of things, the faceoffs, the PK, etc. Whatever.. I dismissed the entire statement. Kaleta didn't like it either, let's roast his ass too.

You know what I care about Ryan Miller? That he stops the GD puck when he's supposed to. Is life really so lacking that we really need to analyze media statements? Haven't we all realized that by and large those statements are complete and utter BS?

Wow...

Did you ever think that maybe it's just the way he talks? Goalies are all weird. He is reportedly very introspective, which would lend itself toward a quiet, thoughtful interview.

Quiet and thoughtful are different than sarcastic. Maybe monotone is just the way he is, but even Paul Hamilton was talking about how Miller tends to answer questions with sarcasm. That sounds about right to me. I can't remember the last time I heard him talk where he sounded happy.

Archived