"Miller angry about Gaustad trade"

2ForTripping

Kaleta didn't like it either, let's roast his ass too.

They just played Kaleta's quotes on WGR. They couldn't have been more different than Miller's.

They boiled down to (paraphrase): "I'm sorry to see Paul go. He was a great teammate. But we still have a great bunch of guys here and we need to work on making the playoffs."

It was about how much he liked Paul and how much he liked the teammates he still had. It was overwhelmingly positive.

Miller being Miller, loads of players feel that way but Miller's one of few that has always been honest with the media. Since a rookie his been like this, just let him get on with it.

Who says that will be his contract? You don't know that.

He will get someone to give him 3 - 3.5....He is a decent serviceable center who takes up fourth line minutes, he is above average in the pk and good in the faceoff circle. He probably is a good lockeroom presence. He doesnt use his body to his benefit in the offensive zone. He could have been a monster in front of the net but he declined to put himself in that position.

The Sabres turned a 7th rd pick who overachieved into a 1st and a fourth rd pick..They did well. Miller should keep his mouth shut. Actually I would rather he talk more so that the Sabres will move him. If Darcy can get someone to give them what they got for "goose" the moon is the limit for what Miller can fetch..

goose_l.jpg

Let go of the "goose"...He is gone Miller..

Ray didn't like what Miller said, but he didn't rip him a new one the way Roby did earlier today.

Miller's comments are counterproductive at best. In this case, he should have just stuck to "athlete-speak" and said he was sorry to see his teammate go before launching into a canned response about focusing on making the playoffs. Not sure why he decided to rant about how it was proof he didn't make the decisions within the organization or comment on how a lot of people probably can't understand why Paul Gaustad is so great.

I still think that when Pegula publicly embarrassed Miller about his goaltending (What was it he said, that his daugher could do a better job than Miller was doing?), that was it. Miller officially hates this club. I see a Roy (not Derek, but Roo-WA)-to Colorado shaping up here.

I still think that when Pegula publicly embarrassed Miller about his goaltending (What was it he said, that his daugher could do a better job than Miller was doing?), that was it. Miller officially hates this club. I see a Roy (not Derek, but Roo-WA)-to Colorado shaping up here.

Can someone verify this?

They just played Kaleta's quotes on WGR. They couldn't have been more different than Miller's.

They boiled down to (paraphrase): "I'm sorry to see Paul go. He was a great teammate. But we still have a great bunch of guys here and we need to work on making the playoffs."

It was about how much he liked Paul and how much he liked the teammates he still had. It was overwhelmingly positive.

Have to go back and listen. I admit I was driving when I heard it.

Kaleta running his mouth doesn't carry anywhere near the weight as Miller running his mouth. Like the Dos Equis beer commercial, his words, insert Miller , would break the jaw insert Kaleta of a lesser man.

To who? Miller saying anything carries no weight with me. Then again neither does Kaleta but hey.. that's me. Still, I never understand why anyone cares what an athlete says to the media.

Just speculation...but I think Miller's comments were preemptive in a way.

He didn't want there to be any public perception that Gaustad was traded because he failed to stick up for him after the Lucic hit, or that he was in any way connected to Goose's departure. He at least made that clear.

Archived