Gragnani for Vancouver's Sulzer

spndnchz

Sulzer is a UFA at the end of the season. 20 game tryout for a contract for next season? Don't know where he fits with McNabb pounding on the door, Pysyk and Leduc(I think) turning pro next season, and Scheistel and friends already on the farm.

He doesn't, for all the names you already mentioned. Sounds like Vancouver didn't want to give up Hodgson for JUST Kassian, so we threw in MAG and they tossed in a 7th D-man.

He doesn't, for all the names you already mentioned. Sounds like Vancouver didn't want to give up Hodgson for JUST Kassian, so we threw in MAG and they tossed in a 7th D-man.

MAG played for Vigneault in juniors supposedly. IMHO, this is linked to the Kassian trade (i.e. we gave up two prospects for one better prospect) and make sense in terms of freeing up space for guys like McNabb, Pysyk, and others.

I kind of liked Sulzer in Nashville, although he won't do much to make you notice him.

Sulzer is a UFA at the end of the season. 20 game tryout for a contract for next season? Don't know where he fits with McNabb pounding on the door, Pysyk and Leduc(I think) turning pro next season, and Scheistel and friends already on the farm.

It looks to me like that was a throw in to even up the value on the Kassian for Hodgson. He's a career AHL'er who is no longer in prospect phase. Looks like it was a 'throw me an expiring contract' type move in the scheme of things.

It looks to me like that was a throw in to even up the value on the Kassian for Hodgson. He's a career AHL'er who is no longer in prospect phase. Looks like it was a 'throw me an expiring contract' type move in the scheme of things.

I would have preferred a 6th round pick or something.

From some Vancouver fans' perspectives, Grags was the key to the deal!

http://www.canucksco....php?f=2&t=9157

They can believe whatever they want. Fact is that on a team that has been in a free fall for two months, Gragnani is a guy who after a 1/2 season trial, hasn't been able to sniff the ice. I guess they are wowed by his +/- and his fantastic passing skills. :doh:

From some Vancouver fans' perspectives, Grags was the key to the deal!

http://www.canucksco....php?f=2&t=9157

That is a good read. From the way they're reading the trade, you'd think Gragnani was our top defensive prospect and has been eating ice time. If their GM is anything like their fans, I'm not entirely surprised that Darcy pulled this deal off.

They can believe whatever they want. Fact is that on a team that has been in a free fall for two months, Grganani is a guy who after a 1/2 season trial, hasn't been able to sniff the ice. I guess they are wowed by his +/- and his fantastic passing skills. :doh:

Not really....Sulzer is +6 in 12 games this year.....probably Darcy loved his Corsi#

Archived