Kassian to Vancouver for Hodgson

shrader

I agree and have almost posted this sentiment many, many times. Not only are they incredibly juvenile, but they aren't even relevant today. Is there a single person out there that thinks this team doesn't have major issues?

A certain faction of people wanted to wait and see what would happen to the team dynamics under Pegula, by only changing one piece at a time - the other faction didn't want to wait and wanted to fire the owner, the partner, the GM, the coach, and the players all at the same time.

Regardless, I see little evidence that anyone thinks the team that takes the ice now is set for success.

You nailed it with two words right there. The whole thing reminds me of all the stories my girlfriend tells me about her 4th grade students.

I'm still hoping we can settle on not using those stupid names at all.
I agree. Call it as you see it, no crusades and no personal attacks. No "teams" necessary.

aww, c'mon, man (men?). it's just a bit of fun.

You can be on Team Wet Blanket.

ha! a funny joke you made.

It's not you have to stay on one team. You can always switch teams, daily if u want.

QFT.

yin and yang. jekyll and hyde. jack and locke. zenyattà and mondatta

How often do you switch teams?

hey-O!

i will admit: i had been struggling to take the long-view with hodgson over the last few games, to hold off the TSC thoughts intruding into my mind, and remain in team candyland (???) when it comes to #19 (and his TOI last night specifically).

and then this.

https://twitter.com/...8846848/photo/1

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

Psssst.......hey kid.........com'ere......

Remember when that Sczchzchzhura guy played the night before in Albany setting up the game winner, then drove to Buffalo overnight only to score 2 points, then set up the game winning OT goal 2 games later, never having a practice with the team or Ruff?

Yeaaaaaaaah.........I thought you did.

You know where to find me.......

Remember when that Sczchzchzhura guy played the night before in Albany setting up the game winner, then drove to Buffalo overnight only to score 2 points, then set up the game winning OT goal 2 games later, never having a practice with the team or Ruff?

Yeaaaaaaaah.........I thought you did.

You know where to find me.......

DeLuca Armistice violation!

nice. but who the funk are you calling kid? i'm not as old as some around here, but i'm plenty long in the tooth.

seriously, though, and to the non-titillating aspect*** of chz's team-switching post, there's some TSC in all (most) of us, and there's some CLG/SAK in all (most) of us. the amounts of each that are present are matters of degree, and the blend can change from week to week, day to day, hour to hour -- sh!t, minute to minute. some of us tend to be more resolute in the darker of the humors (e.g., ghost), while others remain committed to the sunnier varietals (e.g., chz).

*** sorry, but that dog don't hunt for me no more.

DeLuca Armistice violation!

:clapping:

A perfect setup and you're the only one to get it? jeez. I'm losing faith in u guys.

I catch most of them, I usually feel like a creep when I respond.

seriously, though, and to the non-titillating aspect*** of chz's team-switching post, there's some TSC in all (most) of us, and there's some CLG/SAK in all (most) of us. the amounts of each that are present are matters of degree, and the blend can change from week to week, day to day, hour to hour -- sh!t, minute to minute. some of us tend to be more resolute in the darker of the humors (e.g., ghost), while others remain committed to the sunnier varietals (e.g., chz).

I agree, most people fall between the twin characters we have created here. But that is the beauty of the "teams"! they are caricatures of thoughts and emotions that we can insert into various situations with sometimes informative, sometimes hilarious results. They are classic Greek characters of light and dark brought into a hockey discussion board. I love it.

no, of course he should be talking to his players. especially a new one who seems to be struggling a bit to adapt.

there was just something about the image that allowed me to feel a certain weakness for the preachings of TSC.

thanks for this.

i need another refresher. SAK = Sunshine and Kittens? (i think d4rk gave this to me upthread.) i thought we had settled on the Candyland Gang.

just a grainy phone pic of lindy having a post-practice heart to heart with hodgson.

With this talk of Hodgson struggling, people really weren't all that crazy about Ehrhoff and Leino a few months back. That seems to have changed now. It took time and those guys are seasoned vets.

• Like (+1) 1

agree, most people fall between the twin characters we have created here. But that is the beauty of the "teams"! they are caricatures of thoughts and emotions that we can insert into various situations with sometimes informative, sometimes hilarious results. They are classic Greek characters of light and dark brought into a hockey discussion board. I love it.

Maybe we should call them Team Hades and the Dionysus Gang. Class up the joint.

With this talk of Hodgson struggling, people really weren't all that crazy about Ehrhoff and Leino a few months back. That seems to have changed now. It took time and those guys are seasoned vets.

I was never down on Ehrhoff and I'm still not high on Leino. And on the other end of the spectrum you have Brad Boyes, who seems to suck more each game over a year after we got him.

I'm officially worried. The Sabres haven't traded for a guy who came in and scored goals since Briere and Drury. Their list of trades these past 5-6 years is a disaster.

Maybe Hodgson is still exhausted from all his travel the past two weeks. Maybe he's still trying to find chemistry with other guys on the team. Maybe he's just a bit off from having to live out of a suitcase and in different hotels. Who knows? I'm not giving up but I haven't seen Hodgson do anything to make me think we "won" that trade yet.

Hodgson isn't "down," and Ruff is concerned about fatigue, thus the limited time last night: http://wgr550.com/Sa...t-down/12536417

"I saw a little bit of fatigue there and I don’t even know if his fatigue is on the physical side for sure, I think there’s some mental fatigue he’s gone through with the emotions of being traded and the circumstances around it so I told him don’t get frustrated.."

- Lindy Ruff

He has been playing great for awhile now, and even took it to another level with the arrival of his fellow countryman. Soon he will start putting some bombs in the net and he will be all we could have asked for.

He leads the Sabres in ice time with 23:20. He leads the D in scoring with 30 points and shots with 130 in 59 games. He has 9 points and is +6 in his last 12 games. Solid.

Hodgson has played eight games with the Sabres, and has nothing to show for it. He's been pretty much invisible in terms of any tangible contribution since the trade. That's a long drought.

I doubt Kassian would have done much either in those 8 games, so it's not like we've lost out. But it would have been nice to get a player who can actually get a point now and then.

Somebody better make Hodgson aware the honeymoon with the team, the fans, the press is coming to a close, and that he is expected to start producing. Especially with Myers on a 3 game suspension, it would be the perfect time for Hodgson to shine, if he's going to. If he goes 11 games without a point, I think there's gonna be serious doubts about him.

Hodgson has played eight games with the Sabres, and has nothing to show for it. He's been pretty much invisible in terms of any tangible contribution since the trade. That's a long drought.

I doubt Kassian would have done much either in those 8 games, so it's not like we've lost out. But it would have been nice to get a player who can actually get a point now and then.

Somebody better make Hodgson aware the honeymoon with the team, the fans, the press is coming to a close, and that he is expected to start producing. Especially with Myers on a 3 game suspension, it would be the perfect time for Hodgson to shine, if he's going to. If he goes 11 games without a point, I think there's gonna be serious doubts about him.

It's gonna be awesome seeing Hodgson play the point. He'll shut down every team's forward until Myers comes back.

• Like (+1) 1