Kassian to Vancouver for Hodgson

shrader

Not from me you didn't.

Sorry 11, I meant in general from the masses. Sort of like this off-season when so many were talking about all the talent and depth of the group of defensemen the Sabres went into the season with. There were only a few who said the defensive depth of this team was a myth and were proven right.

:lol: Is that what it looks like?

"If you're not the lead dog the view always looks the same." If this saying is true than there are many here who should be able to pick my ass out of a lineup.

Sorry 11, I meant in general from the masses. Sort of like this off-season when so many were talking about all the talent and depth of the group of defensemen the Sabres went into the season with. There were only a few who said the defensive depth of this team was a myth and were proven right.

"If you're not the lead dog the view always looks the same." If this saying is true than there are many here who should be able to pick my ass out of a lineup.

Seeing how much better the defense has become with the changes that have been made, I think it is safe to argue that the Sabres still have much defensive depth. The top of the depth chart simply did not play well.

Seeing how much better the defense has become with the changes that have been made, I think it is safe to argue that the Sabres still have much defensive depth. The top of the depth chart simply did not play well.

The Sabres are 24th in goals against, dead last in shots allowed per game (including 177 shots over there last five games) and just last week gave up 9 goals to Montreal and Winnipeg. How are they any better? There has to be a level of talent in order to qualify as depth. The Sabres do not have depth.

Hopefully he grows into his defensive responsibilities because simply put he's dreadful in his own end. There's a reason Vancouver only gave him offensive zone faceoffs when they were showcasing him. They didn't want to showcase his defensive lapses to potential suitors. Watching him against Philly in our end was painful. I still like the trade but he'd better work on his game on both sides of the puck or he'll fit right into the one dimensional player that DeLuca envisions.

Edited by bunomatic

At no point in this thread have I glamorized Zach Kassian. Really! ;)

Instead of glamorizing our own players, you glamorize all the big, strong men in the league :wub:

You said yourself a while back that you didn't like Hodgson as much because of the style of player he was. And now you're saying he's the next Stafford.

The first way of doing it is fine, because it's your frank opinion on what get's you excited about young players. Saying he's the next Stafford, when all signs indicate he has a great work ethic, is just spewing bile..

I'll gladly "fanboi" Sabres players any day, because that's what pro sports are all about: being excited about your team and having fun watching them.

Edited by qwksndmonster

Instead of glamorizing our own players, you glamorize all the big, strong men in the league :wub:

You said yourself a while back that you didn't like Hodgson as much because of the style of player he was. And now you're saying he's the next Stafford.

The first way of doing it is fine, because it's your frank opinion on what get's you excited about young players. Saying he's the next Stafford, when all signs indicate he has a great work ethic, is just spewing bile..

I'll gladly "fanboi" Sabres players any day, because that's what pro sports are all about: being excited about your team and having fun watching them.

All signs "indicate he has a great work ethic?" Because he works out Gary Roberts? His great work ethic certainly doesn't come across on the ice. Hodgson has looked as uninterested as the rest of his teammates this season. An I am the one accused of "glamorizing?"

I read this board and it doesn't seem many "fans" are having fun watching this team play. Actually, i seems this roster of players causes more anger than anything else. We definitely have different ideas on what constitute being a fan. IMO, being a fan means never having to lie to yourself about a player or the team. I have strong opinions on what type of players I would like to see wearing a Sabres uniform and the type of players I think can turn this franchise around making them "fun to watch" and becoming a true contender. Contender for a Cup not just a 8th or 9th place. Cody Hodgson doesn't fit that mold.

All signs "indicate he has a great work ethic?" Because he works out Gary Roberts? His great work ethic certainly doesn't come across on the ice. Hodgson has looked as uninterested as the rest of his teammates this season. An I am the one accused of "glamorizing?"

I read this board and it doesn't seem many "fans" are having fun watching this team play. Actually, i seems this roster of players causes more anger than anything else. We definitely have different ideas on what constitute being a fan. IMO, being a fan means never having to lie to yourself about a player or the team. I have strong opinions on what type of players I would like to see wearing a Sabres uniform and the type of players I think can turn this franchise around making them "fun to watch" and becoming a true contender. Contender for a Cup not just a 8th or 9th place. Cody Hodgson doesn't fit that mold.

So the Sophomore points leader, #1 center on our team at 22, best passer on our team, one of the most difficult guys to force off the puck is not in the mold for a Stanley cup team?

Look you want me to be realistic about CoHo than fine I will.

He started the year hot partially because of Vanek and partially because the eastern conference didn't know how to handle him. Now Vanek has cooled, he is matched up against good opposition that have figured him out a little. He needs to work on draws and be more defensively responsible. Well this is year 2. He's still a kid and I bet most if not all teams would love to have a 22yr old with this guys potential. Hate him all you want but Cody Hodgson brings at least 10x as much to the table as Zack Kassian did.

I said it before and I will continue to, Hodgson is better and will continue to be better than Kassian.

Work ethic and aggression are not the same thing in my world, but they same to be in yours.

Do you think Kassian has a greater work ethic than Hodgson?

I love how you quote "fans" :rolleyes:

Many people view professional sports as an entertaining distraction from life, so they tend to view it in a positive lens. When one feels so negatively all the time, then their distraction isn't as fun. You're just looking for things about Cody Hodgson to dislike when he's the exact kind of player we have needed for years (top two center with skill that makes his teammates better).

What, however, is his one dimension?