OT - Tim Thomas takes a stand.....

That Aud Smell

I say way to go Tim Thomas - love your passion and principles to not go with a bunch of lemmings to the White House to be congratulated by Obama. I say props to you for following your convictions, wish there were more of those like you !

link:

http://www.politico.com/politico44/2012/01/boston-bruins-goalie-snubs-president-obama-111928.html

I say way to go Tim Thomas - love your passion and principles to not go with a bunch of lemmings to the White House to be congratulated by Obama. I say props to you for following your convictions, wish there were more of those like you !

link:

http://www.politico....ama-111928.html

You polarizing infidel...

I think I would have some respect for someone doing a job much harder than mine and making much less because of it. Thomas makes millions to play a game. The President makes what accounts to be the "league minimum" and gets ###### on constantly because he can't make everyone happy.

There are only a few jobs I would want less than to be President of this country.

35 years from now, i am sure that obama will have a much larger net worth than tim thomas. i don't see kigash as the operative angle.

Meh. So shoot me. But they can't - they need my tax dollars.

:huh:

The whole system is so beyond repair now....I would go. At least for the team activity aspect of it. Plus I like dogs and it would be fun playing with the First Dog.

nice. more than anything, my reaction to thomas's grandstanding is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cxNR9ML8k

Over/Under on pages before the lock?

I've got mixed feelings about this. I understand his convictions and political preferences but it is an invite to the Whitehouse. It's not like he's going to be forced to witness a gay marriage or anything.

link:

http://www.politico....ama-111928.html

you and your far right buddy crosschecking need to relax.... inkman nailed it

Yeah this is stupid, if the President is not a part of your party who cares? He is an elected official in charge of your country. He was not unjustly elected even if you didn't vote for him. If you cant respect the position, and the process, than frankly Tim Thomas can get the F out of my country. I find this incredibly offensive especially being in the military. Respect the man or not I will always respect the position no matter what. For the hundreds of thousands serving that have given or would give the ultimate sacrifice and have entrusted the power to this man to send us to war. Yet Tim Thomas cant go to the white house to be honored??? That is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I for one hope USA hockey takes notice because if you don't want to respect the POTUS you shouldn't represent this country in any international competition.

35 years from now, i am sure that obama will have a much larger net worth than tim thomas. i don't see kigash as the operative angle.

I would bet Obama has more money than thomas through previous books and speaking engagements, However that isnt the point. He make a lot less than Thomas now and isnt playing a game. Thomas should learn some respect!

link:

http://www.politico.com/politico44/2012/01/boston-bruins-goalie-snubs-president-obama-111928.html

This is a classless move in very poor taste. What a bozo! And so are you for supporting such behavior. This isn't a political rally, it's being recognized for sports achievement. Politics isn't relevant.

Yeah this is stupid, if the President is not a part of your party who cares? He is an elected official in charge of your country. He was not unjustly elected even if you didn't vote for him. If you cant respect the position, and the process, than frankly Tim Thomas can get the F out of my country. I find this incredibly offensive especially being in the military. Respect the man or not I will always respect the position no matter what. For the hundreds of thousands serving that have given or would give the ultimate sacrifice and have entrusted the power to this man to send us to war. Yet Tim Thomas cant go to the white house to be honored??? That is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I for one hope USA hockey takes notice because if you don't want to respect the POTUS you shouldn't represent this country in any international competition.

Well said!

A Goalie at the top of his game not willing to ###### himself out for anything. I love it. Maybe he is concentrating on winning games instead of having maximum possible exposure.

If Tim Thomas has conviction, let him roll with it, because who knows how the politicos will try to bend it in the fall.

Obama will probably have him on food stamps by the end of the year anyway.

He'll be happier when a peer, some old rich white guy, is running the country ensuring he pays less taxes than I do.

Not to sound like a right winger, but I never got the tax argument from the left. Even with proposed tax cuts, upper ten percent still would pay well over 50 percent of all income taxes collected, and the bottom 50 percent of income earners wouldn't pay any. As of now they only pay 3 percent. I disagree with many things of the right and the GOP, but taxes were never one of them.

Don't worry, I am very relaxed, my only concern is making sure there are enough informed voters out there to make sure Obama does not get re-elected. And I don't have a far right buddy Crosschecking, for that matter. I can offer opinions on my own. ANd frankly Inkman, the position you are taking about which "old white guy" pays the lowest tax rate is the least of our country's problems, considering the overwhelming percentage of overall tax revenues the "top 1% (...as the left conveniently likes to trot out) pays is overwhelmingly disproportionate.

Considering how bad our Sabres suck these days, I thought I'd post a topic which combined hockey & politics ....

because if they had won while a staunch conservative was in office, and someone on the team refused to attend "for political beliefs," that would be asanine too. right?

right .....?

because if they had won while a staunch conservative was in office, and someone on the team refused to attend "for political beliefs," that would be asanine too. right?

right .....?

It's always ridiculous. But to be fair, nothing can be worse than the James Harrison reasoning that the UB guy (sorry forget his username) posted in the "around the NHL thread".

This is a classless move in very poor taste. What a bozo! And so are you for supporting such behavior. This isn't a political rally, it's being recognized for sports achievement. Politics isn't relevant.

Last time I checked this was a free country with the right to free expression, which the left so vehemently defends. And this was his way of expressing his opinion and standing up for his convictions.

And leave out the name-calling - uncalled for. You can disagree with me but you lose relevance when you do that.

Archived