OT - Tim Thomas takes a stand.....

That Aud Smell

Tim Thomas' reasons for not going were pure and true. He was right to not go. And brave too. With the NDAA around, yikers!!! If Rask is in net for Boston next game, put out the APB ;)

Brave?!?! hahaha yea because we all know there would be drastic consequences. Brave are the men and women who offer their lives for this country. Not some millionaire athlete with a political bone to pick.

LOL

So you are a mind reader too, eh? If you can't be bothered to take the time to listen to the individual before making up your mind then I guess we're done here. You've got it all figured out.

Nope but unlike you, obviously I can't be swayed by a meer tweet. My convictions are just a little more sound. Actions speak louder than words.

Brave?!?! hahaha yea because we all know there would be drastic consequences. Brave are the men and women who offer their lives for this country. Not some millionaire athlete with a political bone to pick.

He's brave because he now has to face the national criticism from the likes of you, is what I meant, insinuating that he's somehow anti-American for snubbing the Commander-In-Chief...my allusion to the Patriot Act and NDAA was tongue in cheek....but only partly.

He's brave because he now has to face the national criticism from the likes of you, is what I meant, insinuating that he's somehow anti-American for snubbing the Commander-In-Chief...my allusion to the Patriot Act and NDAA was tongue in cheek....but only partly.

Did I ever once say he was Anti-American?! No I did not. So for the sake of argument how about we stay away from fabricated statements.

I said it was disrespectful. And it was.

There was another sports figure who chose not to meet President Obama last year, his name escapes me this moment. I respect the office of the president due to its history, however respect for the person who occupies that position must be earned. There have been many pieces of ###### that have held higher office and others prominent positions that have done horrible things...like I said respect is earned, a title or position does not grant you respect.

As for Chimp, way too much conspiracy theories for me bro....

Nope but unlike you, obviously I can't be swayed by a meer tweet. My convictions are just a little more sound. Actions speak louder than words.

You mean the conviction to support the next person who wins the corporate backed popularity contest? Those convictions? Those are the convictions that are stronger than the guy who took an unpopular stand knowing he'd get tore up in public for it?

You are a funny guy.

LOL

So you are a mind reader too, eh? If you can't be bothered to take the time to listen to the individual before making up your mind then I guess we're done here. You've got it all figured out.

I don't get why Thomas Facebook post has people thinking any differently about what he's doing. If anything it makes him seem even more pathetic. Does anyone believe him for one second when he tries to claim this has nothing to do with party affiliation? Coming from a guy who has said the person he would most like to have dinner with is Glenn Beck? It's ridiculous, but again, what can you expect?

There was another sports figure who chose not to meet President Obama last year, his name escapes me this moment. I respect the office of the president due to its history, however respect for the person who occupies that position must be earned. There have been many pieces of ###### that have held higher office and others prominent positions that have done horrible things...like I said respect is earned, a title or position does not grant you respect.

If I remember correctly it was a Pittsburgh Steeler.

im staunchly independant, i voted for paul last time, but its kinda silly to boycott obama. hes been a relatively poor president but its pretty obvious hes tried and succeeded in doing some very good things to help millions of people. the level of disagreement with him shouldnt come near the level to disrespect the position like that. its not like he lied about nuclear fuel and started an immoral war over it. THATS a guy you should boycott for sure. obamas just been D-, not holy nightmare from hell bad like his predecessor. 'taking a stand' in this instance really demonstrates something bad. i have a lot of tim thomases in my family and they really appear like theyve lost their fkn minds over the half ###### president. lets just say it fits with the character

Did I ever once say he was Anti-American?! No I did not. So for the sake of argument how about we stay away from fabricated statements.

Let's quit the high and mighty routine for once, OK? You insinuated it, and that's just as bad. You're no different than the guy prasing TT because he thinks that Obama is this communist devil and will destroy this country with his (nonexistent) tax hikes on the uber-wealthy. Two polar opposites of the dumbest theatrical event in the history of mankind.

LOL what, that the two parties are both corporatist puppets? Okie dokie smokie. wow.

You mean the conviction to support the next person who wins the corporate backed popularity contest? Those convictions? Those are the convictions that are stronger than the guy who took an unpopular stand knowing he'd get tore up in public for it?

You are a funny guy.

The convictions that I hold are not going to be influenced by some guy who wants to pick a fight over that actions of an athlete who is making millions and wants to "take a stand".

You call it a popularity contest. Great, if that's how you feel then good for you. I call it respect and that's something that I feel the President should receive from his fellow Americans.

I don't get why Thomas Facebook post has people thinking any differently about what he's doing. If anything it makes him seem even more pathetic. Does anyone believe him for one second when he tries to claim this has nothing to do with party affiliation? Coming from a guy who has said the person he would most like to have dinner with is Glenn Beck? It's ridiculous, but again, what can you expect?

Personally, I don't care whether Thomas is conservative, liberal, Republican, Democrat. I'd say the same either way. As far as I am concerned they are all equivalents. And while I doubt I would do the same thing he did given the chance, I support what he did and the reasons posted on his twitter account for doing it. Now, if his tweet is garbage meant to insulate himself, well, that's on him. But I fully support the POV on his tweet and can sympathize with anyone who has that thought in mind when they decide to stay home.

So shouldn't Thomas boycott every game against the Capitals?

Well, it isn't like the Bruins would actually need him for those games.

The convictions that I hold are not going to be influenced by some guy who wants to pick a fight over that actions of an athlete who is making millions and wants to "take a stand".

You call it a popularity contest. Great, if that's how you feel then good for you. I call it respect and that's something that I feel the President should receive from his fellow Americans.

Is Thomas disrespecting the president or the politics he represents? IMO it is the latter. And there is our disconnect.

No that they are opposed to one another, I believe there are some big clear differences......love your avatar btw....

I think the differences are small and less than meaningful.

Archived