OT - Tim Thomas takes a stand.....

That Aud Smell

And you are obviously paid to spew nonsense to get uninformed voters to believe the lie that Obama is even close to being a leftie. Not a single decision he has made since his inaguration has been anything but beneficial to the corporatist agenda which he serves as diligently as the last four presidents before him, and this whole right-wing crusade is meant to stoke the confederate/revisionist/bigot voting block into moving even further right.

Are you being really really sarcastic, or are you serious with your accusation. I am obviously being paid to spew nonsense to get uninformed voters to believe the lie that Obama is even close to being a leftie.? You don't know me and I take alot of offense to your asinine accusations.

I believe this upcoming POTUS election is the most important of my life, and the point I was trying to make is that I truly hope, with all my heart, that there are enough INFORMED decisions to make the right decision, because IMHO if Obama gets re-elected, that's it..... we are done.

Enough of your conspiracy theory that I am being paid - wow, is that you or your avatar speaking?

Oh dear I really do hate politics. If any situation that gets argued about (like this one) is flipped, you have the opposite side arguing the same thing. If this was five years ago and a more liberal athlete did this, you'd have all of the conservatives nagging about it. Who cares of Thomas didn't want to go? He got permission from the Bruins to stay, and while I would go in that situation regardless of my opinion of the President I don't feel angry that Thomas didn't. He is simply exercising a right that this wonderful nation allows him to.

excellent post !!

To me, it's astonishing how many people lack respect for the leader of this country. No matter if you agree with his politics or not you have been given a great honor by being invited to the white house to meet the president and you snub him? haha it's jaw dropping. What makes it even funnier is reading all of the comments on the article from people who are just regurgitating what they read/hear on Fox News.

I also hope that his beliefs on government go to state and local levels as well. Hopefully he also refused to attend any events sponsored by the Massachusetts governor and City of Boston mayor.

And that he refused to attend the Stanley Cup parade (presumably) held by the politicians of Boston? His explanation does ring hollow, but what can one expect?

Oh dear I really do hate politics. If any situation that gets argued about (like this one) is flipped, you have the opposite side arguing the same thing. If this was five years ago and a more liberal athlete did this, you'd have all of the conservatives nagging about it. Who cares of Thomas didn't want to go? He got permission from the Bruins to stay, and while I would go in that situation regardless of my opinion of the President I don't feel angry that Thomas didn't. He is simply exercising a right that this wonderful nation allows him to.

:thumbsup:

Are you being really really sarcastic, or are you serious with your accusation. I am obviously being paid to spew nonsense to get uninformed voters to believe the lie that Obama is even close to being a leftie.? You don't know me and I take alot of offense to your asinine accusations.

I believe this upcoming POTUS election is the most important of my life, and the point I was trying to make is that I truly hope, with all my heart, that there are enough INFORMED decisions to make the right decision, because IMHO if Obama gets re-elected, that's it..... we are done.

Enough of your conspiracy theory that I am being paid - wow, is that you or your avatar speaking?

I've been hearing that since I new what an election was. :wallbash: It's alarmist and just not true.

Not to sound like a right winger, but I never got the tax argument from the left. Even with proposed tax cuts, upper ten percent still would pay well over 50 percent of all income taxes collected, and the bottom 50 percent of income earners wouldn't pay any. As of now they only pay 3 percent. I disagree with many things of the right and the GOP, but taxes were never one of them.

Yeah, good luck cutting through generations of brain-washing on this one. Even though you have your facts generally correct, you may as well be trying to convince those who buy the democrat propaganda that Darwin is wrong.

As far as the OP goes, good for Thomas for not taking as much as a handshake from that Chinese plant in the Whitehouse who others refer to as "the president."

I'm getting the feeling no one understands the states' rights v federal issue Thomas' actions are meant to highlight. Of course he will be attending state and local events with state and local politicians. Granting the right to vote to everyone was a noble but dumb thing to do.

Yeah, good luck cutting through generations of brain-washing on this one. Even though you have your facts generally correct, you may as well be trying to convince those who buy the democrat propaganda that Darwin is wrong.

As far as the OP goes, good for Thomas for not taking as much as a handshake from that Chinese plant in the Whitehouse who others refer to as "the president."

I thought the numbers were close. I try not to stray too far to either side in most cases, so I won't say anything to respond to some of these conspiracy-related topics. Don't like President Obama either, for the record, but also didn't like President Bush.

utterly disgusting.

This thread needs to be closed now. The complete lack of respect is sickening. A bunch of saps behind their keyboard bad mouthing the President of your country! If you don't like his viewpoints, fine but comments like these are stomach churning. 99 percent of you people couldn't even run a block club, let alone the U.S.A.

Give respect where respect is due. I can't stand it. it seems as though it's now "cool" to hate the President.

I'm getting the feeling no one understands the states' rights v federal issue Thomas' actions are meant to highlight. Of course he will be attending state and local events with state and local politicians. Granting the right to vote to everyone was a noble but dumb thing to do.

Well technically it is the NATIONAL hockey league and not the Massachusetts hockey league or the Boston Hockey league, so it just ends up being stupid. But nice try making it a noble stand.

utterly disgusting.

This thread needs to be closed now. The complete lack of respect is sickening. A bunch of saps behind their keyboard bad mouthing the President of your country! If you don't like his viewpoints, fine but comments like these are stomach churning. 99 percent of you people couldn't even run a block club, let alone the U.S.A.

Give respect where respect is due. I can't stand it. it seems as though it's now "cool" to hate the President.

Fully agreed, just as long as you didn't do the same thing for Mr. Bush...

Sorry for sounding skeptical too, I'm not implying that you did badmouth past presidents, I just hate hypocrisy.

To me, it's astonishing how many people lack respect for the leader of this country. No matter if you agree with his politics or not you have been given a great honor by being invited to the white house to meet the president and you snub him? haha it's jaw dropping. What makes it even funnier is reading all of the comments on the article from people who are just regurgitating what they read/hear on Fox News.

So, are you one of those people who think all "right-wing" ideas are generated by Rush Limbaugh and Fox News? And that all other political ideas develop organically and "left-wingers" don't need to have their "orders" spoon-fed to them because their ideas just "make sense"?

Not judging, just asking.

Fully agreed, just as long as you didn't do the same thing for Mr. Bush...

Sorry for sounding skeptical too, I'm not implying that you did badmouth past presidents, I just hate hypocrisy.

I don't ever bad mouth president. If I disagree with their veiwpoints then I don't vote for them. Both of my parents work for the government. They have always taught me to show respect for the leader of this country. Especially when half the world bad mouths us and him already.

What kills me is that the majority of people NEVER have a full understanding of politics and their direct impact on foreign affairs and the citizens. They just believe what other parties tell them.

Archived