What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

Had a lemon basil martini last night. While I've never been one to shy away from the tried and true original, I have to admit it was really good. It wasn't too sweet to get in the way.

attachicon.gifLemon Basil Martooch.jpg

Sounds good, I've had a couple basil cocktails but not that one. As a note on the bakers sugar, I think you can put regular white sugar in a food processer to make it finer-grained.

Tried 2 Nite Sicilian Blood Orange vodka this evening:

http://www.proof66.com/vodka/2-nite-blood-orange-vodka.html

The bottle may look like a leftover prop from Carrie, but the contents are fantastic. Smooth and sippable over ice, and the flavor holds its own with cranberry juice, too. Very nice.

Heated some frozen pulled pork for dinner on Wednesday, Peruvian chicken(take out) last night...both were greatly enhanced by the home made pickled red onions I put on top. I always have a mayo jar filled with them....they just make everything better!

Wonder if there is a market to sell them commercially ?

I've got some Rolling Rock in the beer fridge and some lamb chops waiting for me to cook when I get home.  I think I'll make a rosemary garlic breading for them.  Some roast potatoes and vegetable medley should pair nicely.  Two more hours......two more hours......

Father's Day menu:

Appetizers:

Bacon wrapped smoked meatballs with a barbeque sauce glaze

SPAM bunrt ends (you have to try this one, SPAM cut into bite sized chunks, lightly coated with a good barbeque rub, smoked, and glazed with barbeque sauce)

Main Event:

Rubbed, smoked pork loin with a bourbon-brown sugar glaze

Smoked baked beans

Broccoli slaw

Dessert

MIL's cheesecake

Edited by weave

Father's Day menu:

Appetizers:

SPAM bunrt ends (you have to try this one, SPAM cut into bite sized chunks, lightly coated with a good barbeque rub, smoked, and glazed with barbeque sauce)

Main Event:

Smoked baked beans

Broccoli slaw

Dessert

MIL's cheesecake

Sounds like a pretty good lineup but I just cant picture the spam bites being good. Although I guess anything smoked with a good bbq rub and then sauce should turn out pretty delicious. Where'd you get the idea to use spam??

Sounds like a pretty good lineup but I just cant picture the spam bites being good. Although I guess anything smoked with a good bbq rub and then sauce should turn out pretty delicious. Where'd you get the idea to use spam??

Saw it on a barbeque forum. Cant recall which one. Had to give it a try. We'll see how it turns out. Wife turned her nose up at the idea and said no. I said it's my day I'll do what i want. Lol

Saw it on a barbeque forum. Cant recall which one. Had to give it a try. We'll see how it turns out. Wife turned her nose up at the idea and said no. I said it's my day I'll do what i want. Lol

Haha nice. Let us know how it turns out.

Father's Day menu:

Appetizers:

Main Event:

Smoked baked beans

Broccoli slaw

Dessert

MIL's cheesecake

I don't know, man. Spam is a controlled substance where I come from. However the rest of it sounds truly fantastic. Happy Father's day!

I have to say, the SPAM was better than expected. I'll call it down right tasty. It's salty. Very salty. But it was damned tasty. The family enjoyed it. I made two cans of it. 15 people. No leftovers. nuff said.

I have to say, the SPAM was better than expected. I'll call it down right tasty. It's salty. Very salty. But it was damned tasty. The family enjoyed it. I made two cans of it. 15 people. No leftovers. nuff said.

Nice

Hahaha excellent.

After you did what you did to it, I am surprised it wasn't pork flavored salt.

I just ate what my local sports bar (Thirsty Buffalo, a/k/a the old Jimmy Mac's) calls a "Manhattan ice cream truffle."  They can call it Susan if they want to, but it was great.  Cherries and almonds surrounded by chocolate and vanilla ice cream, and sealed in dark chocolate.  About 4 oz, I'd say.  Like the size of a normal cupcake.

This is why I get up at 630 on Monday to see a trainer.

So somewhat food and drink related. Are there any places around here where I might be able to go after work during the week to sit at a table in a corner by myself and have a few beers and read a book and no one will bother me? 

During the week?  I would think any of the non-franchise places not near a school would be OK.

During the week?  I would think any of the non-franchise places not near a school would be OK.

There's a coffee shop in Clarence Center I've always been fond of. They have beer. It'll probably be the first place I try. 

Founding Fathers would be perfect if it wasn't down town. That's too long to sit in rush hour traffic. 

There's a coffee shop in Clarence Center I've always been fond of. They have beer. It'll probably be the first place I try. 

Founding Fathers would be perfect if it wasn't down town. That's too long to sit in rush hour traffic. 

What neighborhood is work?

Anyone ever take up an Omaha Steak offer with burgers, dogs, chicken, etc.?  

Holy , it's good stuff.

I don't think I'd pay the premium for it (I got this nice combo of all sorts of meats for filling out a freaking survey that took 5 mins tops) but they do have nice stuff.

Williamsville

I got nuthin neighborhoody.  Been out too long.  If I were looking for quiet I'd look for either a neighborhood joint or a nice-ish restaurant with a detatched bar, like maybe Scotch and Sirloin on Maple.

What about the Blue Bull?  Is that a busy weekday bar?

Anyone ever take up an Omaha Steak offer with burgers, dogs, chicken, etc.?

Holy ######, it's good stuff.

I don't think I'd pay the premium for it (I got this nice combo of all sorts of meats for filling out a freaking survey that took 5 mins tops) but they do have nice stuff.

Their beef is perfectly aged. I have it sent to my folks. My father raised and butchered a beef every year. He was careful to age the meat enough. He appreciates the effort involved. Their product really is worth the premium.

I got nuthin neighborhoody.  Been out too long.  If I were looking for quiet I'd look for either a neighborhood joint or a nice-ish restaurant with a detatched bar, like maybe Scotch and Sirloin on Maple.

What about the Blue Bull?  Is that a busy weekday bar?

That's right near UB. I bet it's full of douchebags. 

Scotch n Sirloin is the right idea, but too upscale. I bet they'd be annoyed that I was sitting there eating the cheapest thing on the menu. 

That's right near UB. I bet it's full of douchebags. 

Scotch n Sirloin is the right idea, but too upscale. I bet they'd be annoyed that I was sitting there eating the cheapest thing on the menu. 

Not in the bar.  i wouldn't hesitate to order an app and a beer or 3 and sit and read there for a couple hours if it wasn't busy

And LOL at Blue Bull being full of DB's.  It's my buddies regular Thursday after work hang out.  

Hey...... Shannon's on NF Blvd?

Edited by weave

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.