What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

Looks like not these anymore ...

http://money.cnn.com....html?hpt=hp_t1

I can honestly say that I never ever tried one.

I wonder if our own *wonderbread* will change his member name?

In homage of this horrible news and as a sign of the Zombiepocolypse is upon us:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeS6DvyLScE&feature=fvwrel

Edited by LGR4GM

4lb beef eye of round roast, "cured" overnight with a rub of equal parts rosemary (crushed), black pepper, and kosher salt. Dry roasted at 300f until 135f internal temp.

Basmati rice "pilaf" with cubed carrots, celery, and a mix of shitake, crimini, and oyster mushrooms

Ceasar salad

Horseheads Black IPA

Thanksgiving part deaux

Made a casserole out of leftovers. Heated up a cast iron frying pan over medium heat. Put a layer of stuffing on the bottom and let it cook until the bottom got brown and crispy. Added a layer of turkey mixed together with the leftover gravy. Topped that layer with the chipotle rubbed cubed squash, and topped that off with mashed potatoes, sheppard's pie-style.

Into a 350f oven until everything is heated through anb the taters start to brown and crust over.

Or we could just ban Subway. It's a win-win. Subway's "cold cuts" don't resemble real food. It's like Arby's, but colder.

12 inch 9 grain wheat with turkey, provolone, Swiss, cucumbers, black olives, spinach and southwest sauce!

After that health fest I think I'll have a nice cold molson.

Waffles. Made the way dad used to make em. My parents got a GE waffle maker for their wedding in 1981 and used it for years. I swear it made the best waffles. Turns out Black and Decker makes a version of it but it doesn't seem to have the same build quality based on reviews.

So I went ahead and bought the genuine article on eBay, for less money. http://r.ebay.com/ns2oPW

Made a triple batch of waffles this morning and it was flawless. Waffles, just like dad used to make.

I made a carrot cake. Sucker with frosting has 10k calories. 10k! Jerry Seinfeld was wrong: you do make carrots into a cake. Love it, but it causes almost immediate unconsciousness.

Jo made me a carrot cake for my last birthday. It was the best I've ever had. Carrot cake is so underrated as a desert.

Tonight I'm making my favorite beef stew. One of the features is the cooking of the meat in 2 cups of strong coffee for about an hour and a half. I decided to try a more fancy coffee tonight and selected Peets' French roast. Let me tell you, just the coffee and meat in the pan smelled phenomenal, which is not the norm with plain old Folgers. I think I'm in for a treat tonight.

Jo made me a carrot cake for my last birthday. It was the best I've ever had. Carrot cake is so underrated as a desert.

Tonight I'm making my favorite beef stew. One of the features is the cooking of the meat in 2 cups of strong coffee for about an hour and a half. I decided to try a more fancy coffee tonight and selected Peets' French roast. Let me tell you, just the coffee and meat in the pan smelled phenomenal, which is not the norm with plain old Folgers. I think I'm in for a treat tonight.

Sounds intriguing... I've heard of beef stew with beer or red wine, but never coffee!

I don't know if the coffee is what does it, but the meat comes out so tender that it is unreal. I think I've linked to it here before but if I haven't, I'll put the recipe up later.

Well, coffee can be acidic, so maybe that does some of the tenderizing? Still, odd to imagine java-flavored beef stew. Got me wanting to get out the slow cooker!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.