GDT: Sabres at Blackhawks 1/18/12 7:30PM

spndnchz

I really like the Blackhawks and am looking forward to this game (despite the NBC announcers and that the Sabres may stink up the joint). Well, the Hawks were in rough shape a few years back, but a change of owners and front office sure turned them around. There's always hope.... :rolleyes:

So did having early picks in the draft for a few years to get Kane and Toews

I can't say I don't like the Hawks, if it wasn't for the Sabres, I think I would be a Hawks or Wings fan. I currently play on an ince hockey team called the Blackhawks and have my own Hawks custom Jersey I made with #39 (for Hasek). Was about to get Hasek put on the back of it, but then I realised my mistake that he didn't get eth number 39 until he came to Buffalo

I'm going way over. Bold prediction of 45 shots on Enroth tonight. Sabres will have 23 SOG....68 if you tally the shots directly into the Hawks wingers shins and shots put 7 feet wide/high of the net from inside of 15 feet.

The more we lose the more the status quo becomes unacceptable.

PS. Trading Myers is still beyond idiotic. Carry on.

Cool story.

Miller/Myers are both vastly overrated. Trading either for a top center will help in the long run, having an overrated tender who gets pulled every 3rd start and doesn't have the guts to step back onto the bench with his team for the rest of the game, and having a dman who turns the puck over constantly and gets too fancy doesn't build your franchise.

If Enroth starts what is the over/under on how many shots he faces in a one goal loss?

I am going with the over....43. To our 22.

We don't perform well when on the "national stage" (Versus or NBC), so I am not expecting a life-altering positive game. I hope they can hold their own and actually earn a W, but I do not foresee that happening.

Keys for us to pull out a victory:

1) More plusses than minuses from players like Leo and Grags...as well as less horrible decisions in the defensive zone.

2) Above average to stellar play from whomever is in net.

3) Continued b@lls to the wall effort from players like Ellis, Gerbe, and Pommers.

4) Someone, ANYone to score a goal....or two or three or four.

5) A sustained forecheck instead of a dump-in-and-done

6) Our PP to more of a Power Play instead of a Power Kill

Much like another poster said, I'll watch because it is like seeing a horrible car accident as it transpires - you know you shouldn't stop and stare in unfathomable awe, but you just do,

All that being said, 5-1 Hawks.

Play Miller! He barely played over 20 minutes against Detroit two nights ago. What's up Lindy...afraid to play Miller against the NHL's elite afraid that he might get shelled again? Is he that fragile?

If Miller has his head on straight, he would demand to play tonight.

Archived