Scoreboard Watching!

deluca67

You can't win if you're not in. We may not win if we're in, but we definitely won't win if we're out.

We lost in the first round last year and, while not messing with a few of the problem areas of the team (Roy, etc), we went out and got three new players. Who's to say that more changes won't happen even if we finish this year as strong as possible? There's no rule saying that if you make the playoffs, you make no changes. If Darcy or Pegula or whoever are so adamantly against changes as some claim, then they'd be adamantly against changes regardless of whether we're in the playoffs or not, so we might as well make them.

This just made my brain hurt.

• 2 weeks later...

Washington got smoked tonight 5-0. They could be in run for the bus mode.

OTOH, Tampa beat the Rangers and are now tied with the Sabres with the same number of games played and with one more win.

Still very much an uphill battle.

Islanders seem to not want to go away. Big win against the Bruins.

Toronto @ Montreal - New Coach and a chance to leap frog the Sabres. One of the more interesting games on the night.

Tampa @ Carolina - Tampa may have been sellers but they are not playing like it. Carolina has been getting points, not a lot of Wins in their last ten.

Nashville at Florida - Despite being 5-5 in their last ten the Panthers sit in the drivers seat of the SE Division. It is in the Sabres best interests that they stay there.

Some match-ups to keep an eye on.

Devils @ Islanders - Islanders' playoff hopes are fading away, they need these two points.

Ottawa @ Florida - Have to keep an eye on Florida, 4-6 in their last 10 and holding on to the SE division lead.

Flyers @ Washington - Caps are 4-6 also in their last 10, can take over 8th with a win tonight.

Some match-ups to keep an eye on.

Devils @ Islanders - Islanders' playoff hopes are fading away, they need these two points.

Ottawa @ Florida - Have to keep an eye on Florida, 4-6 in their last 10 and holding on to the SE division lead.

Flyers @ Washington - Caps are 4-6 also in their last 10, can take over 8th with a win tonight.

Ottawa goes down. Sabres are 8 points away, but have 2 games in hand.

Ottawa goes down. Sabres are 8 points away, but have 2 games in hand.

Potentially catching Ottawa just occurred to me this morning when I checked the standings. Considering the 2 games in hand and the fact the Sabres play the Sens in March, in a manner of speaking they only need to "make up" 1 game to tie. I'm not counting on it and I don't think it's quite that easy or even realistic but it's still hard to believe the Sabres are so close that they can nearly reach out and grab 2nd place in the Northeast.

Of course, if Ottawa goes into a free fall, 2nd in the NE could still mean finishing outside the top 8.

Florida wins but the Caps got shut out. :blink:

Don't look now, but with a regulation win on monday the Sabres jump over Washington AND Winnipeg into 8th place! :w00t:

Potentially catching Ottawa just occurred to me this morning when I checked the standings. Considering the 2 games in hand and the fact the Sabres play the Sens in March, in a manner of speaking they only need to "make up" 1 game to tie. I'm not counting on it and I don't think it's quite that easy or even realistic but it's still hard to believe the Sabres are so close that they can nearly reach out and grab 2nd place in the Northeast.

Of course, if Ottawa goes into a free fall, 2nd in the NE could still mean finishing outside the top 8.

I think I would much rather be in 8th to face the rangers than in 7th to face the bruins...

I think I would much rather be in 8th to face the rangers than in 7th to face the bruins...

Even with our recent success against the B's, I would much rather play the Rags. We haven't beat them yet in 3 games but have played them tough every game. Lost two via shootout and the other I was at in December and Enroth was horrible, contributing to the loss.

That would be too good to be true, but I'm all for it!

Man, I'd love to see it!! It won't happen, but it would be great! Love to go see a couple of playoff games, and probably be a hell of a lot easier than NYR or BOS.

Goose 15 wins, 7 losses on face-offs tonight, with an assist and over 17:00 TOI. Nash. 3 - Fla. 1

Interesting, especially the TOI. Thanks for posting.

Capitals shut out for a 2nd straight game. The plot continues to thicken daily.

Now there's a team with less heart than the Sabres.

Florida wins but the Caps got shut out. :blink:

Don't look now, but with a regulation win on monday the Sabres jump over Washington AND Winnipeg into 8th place! :w00t:

Amazing.

Even with our recent success against the B's, I would much rather play the Rags. We haven't beat them yet in 3 games but have played them tough every game. Lost two via shootout and the other I was at in December and Enroth was horrible, contributing to the loss.

First things first.

It is just shocking to me how quick things can change in the NHL. Two weeks ago, this team was on an IV drip. This week, they could astonishingly be sitting in 8th place. Might only last one night, but that is just incredible what a couple weeks of good play can do to your fortunes.

Archived