Scoreboard Watching!

deluca67

Its over, lol. I feel bad for you man, you seem very dedicated to this but like the only one really scoreboard watching. I've conceeded the season over for awhile now. When you go 2+ months without a winning streak you are NOT and don't deserve to be a Playoff team.

DeLuca,

I really do appreciate your effort and detailed analysis, but what is the point.

I'm sorry, but this just adds to my frustration level with the sorry state of the Sabres.

Are we supposed to watch the scoreboard on the teams above or below the Sabres at this point?

Take from the thread what you like. If you still believe in the Sabres playoff chances or if you are looking for a lottery pick, it's all good.

Not sure who the #1 pick is rumored to be. Usually its well known by now. This draft seems wide open. Wish this was the year Tavares was the #1 pick.

Nail Yakupov, who is a very good winger, but I don't believe that he's a can't miss elite player like some recent #1's. There are a few other forwards of note: Mikhail Grigorenko, Filip Forsberg, Alex Galchenyuk. Each could be a very good player, but definitely not can't miss picks. Only two are centers (Grigorenko and Galchenyuk), and one (Grigorenko) hasn't been playing center since coming from Russia to Canada. Galchenyuk, who was Yakupov's center in Sarnia, is considered a very complete player, comparable (potentially) to Marion Hossa, but he's coming off knee surgery. There's a good chance that he'll need another year in juniors just to get back into form.

Nail Yakupov, who is a very good winger, but I don't believe that he's a can't miss elite player like some recent #1's. There are a few other forwards of note: Mikhail Grigorenko, Filip Forsberg, Alex Galchenyuk. Each could be a very good player, but definitely not can't miss picks. Only two are centers (Grigorenko and Galchenyuk), and one (Grigorenko) hasn't been playing center since coming from Russia to Canada. Galchenyuk, who was Yakupov's center in Sarnia, is considered a very complete player, comparable (potentially) to Marion Hossa, but he's coming off knee surgery. There's a good chance that he'll need another year in juniors just to get back into form.

I'm trying to decide whether this draft is depressing or should be thought of more positively. As bad as we are right now, I'm not convinced we're bad enough to pick #1 overall. So if there was a clear-cut #1 guy, it would be depressing to suck in the year he came out, but not suck enough to get him. So in a way, it's kinda good. Plus, there's always the hope that if there's no slam-dunk guy, we can still end up with the best player in the middle-back of the top 10. Positive thinking!

edit: In case anybody was going to point it out, yes I know we can still pick #1 if we finish 5th. But let's face it, Buffalo sports don't get that lucky.

Islanders beat the Caps 3-0. At this point, I'm not sure which team I wanted to win that one. Islanders win puts us 3 points out of the cellar, a Caps win puts us 9 points out of 8th. Who am I kidding...... 8th spot. I wish I could laugh, but it's not funny.

Islanders beat the Caps 3-0. At this point, I'm not sure which team I wanted to win that one. Islanders win puts us 3 points out of the cellar, a Caps win puts us 9 points out of 8th. Who am I kidding...... 8th spot. I wish I could laugh, but it's not funny.

I feel your pain.

For some reason......this is the vision I get when DeLuca comes to update the standings..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUbuQhctYo0

I do wear a tux when I post.

Tonight!

Washington at Montreal - Possibly dropping to 12th with a Montreal win or 9 Points out of 8th with a Caps win. Need a Sabres win and a Habs regulation win to take one step closer to the 8th spot.

Florida at Colorado - Florida is trying to keep hold of the SE Division.

Tonight?

Wild at Leafs - Leafs look to go up 8 on the Sabres.

Pens at Rangers - Pens look to join the 10+ points over the Sabres club which currently has 7 members.

Islanders at Philly - Don;t look now but the Islanders are 6-4 in their last ten, 3 points behind the Sabres with 2 games in hand.

Sens at Sharks - the Sens are looking to go up 17 points on the Sabres.

Tonight?

Wild at Leafs - Leafs look to go up 8 on the Sabres.

Pens at Rangers - Pens look to join the 10+ points over the Sabres club which currently has 7 members.

Islanders at Philly - Don;t look now but the Islanders are 6-4 in their last ten, 3 points behind the Sabres with 2 games in hand.

Sens at Sharks - the Sens are looking to go up 17 points on the Sabres.

oof.

I should re-name this thread 'The Fall to the Bottom'.

Washington @ Carolina - Currently in 15th place, the Canes look to close the gap between themselves and the Sabres to 1 point (with the Sabres having 2 games in hand.)

Islanders @ Philly - The 12th place Islanders look to match the Sabres win total of 19 and take sole possession of 11th place with 44 points and will still have a game in hand on the Sabres.

Tampa @ Dallas - the 14th place Lightning also lok to match the Sabres win total of 19 and move to within 1 point of the Sabres with a game in hand.

Overall, the Sabres are 5 points out of 29th in the League. Columbus' lead of in the race to dead last is still a solid 12 points with a game in hand on the Sabres.

I should re-name this thread 'The Fall to the Bottom'.

Washington @ Carolina - Currently in 15th place, the Canes look to close the gap between themselves and the Sabres to 1 point (with the Sabres having 2 games in hand.)

Islanders @ Philly - The 12th place Islanders look to match the Sabres win total of 19 and take sole possession of 11th place with 44 points and will still have a game in hand on the Sabres.

Tampa @ Dallas - the 14th place Lightning also lok to match the Sabres win total of 19 and move to within 1 point of the Sabres with a game in hand.

Overall, the Sabres are 5 points out of 29th in the League. Columbus' lead of in the race to dead last is still a solid 12 points with a game in hand on the Sabres.

Islanders @ Philly again tonight??? really? Back to back in the same arena? Never seen that before in the NHL.

-Disclaimer, I really haven't checked the NHL Schedule for tonight and really don't care that much....

Islanders @ Philly again tonight??? really? Back to back in the same arena? Never seen that before in the NHL.

-Disclaimer, I really haven't checked the NHL Schedule for tonight and really don't care that much....

That's what I get for rushing.

That should be the Habs at Pittsburgh with the Habs looking to pass the Sabres.

Will the decent continue? Tonight could be the night of the bottom feeders.

Montreal @ Toronto - tied in points and games with the Sabres, the Habs look to take to sole possession of 11th place.

Carolina @ Islanders - One thing is for sure, one of these teams has a shot to leap frog the Sabres. Both at 42 points, the only difference is the Islanders have 2 game sin hand on the Sabres and Carolina has player 2 more games than the Sabres. Worst case scenario is a OT game where one team ties the Sabres in points and the other team passes the Sabres.

Florida @ Winnipeg - the 8th and 10th palce teams do battle.

Instead of a Draft Lottery, the NHL should have a losers tourney to determine draft order. Like a hockey version of the NIT. Take the 14 teams that did not make the playoffs and seed them 1-14 with the worst record getting the #1 seed. Each round would be series of 3 games with the higher seed having home ice advantage. Winner of the tourney gets the #1 pick, picks 2-14 are determined by where a team finished in the tourney.

Attention all scoreboard / standing watchers.

I'm sure I do not have to tell you all this, but a quick glance at the standings this morning shows that the Sabres are tied (in points anyway, with 2 games in hand) with Carolina for 15th in the East.

Go team, fight team, yay team!!

Attention all scoreboard / standing watchers.

I'm sure I do not have to tell you all this, but a quick glance at the standings this morning shows that the Sabres are tied (in points anyway, with 2 games in hand) with Carolina for 15th in the East.

Go team, fight team, yay team!!

Don't forget 27th in the league.

Archived