GDT: Sabres at Leafs 12/22/11 7:00PM

spndnchz

Note: GDT's aren't started until gameday. You're welcome to start them after midnight.

Vanek has four goals and five assists in his last five games versus Toronto.

While Miller is 25-11-0 with a 2.33 GAA and four shutouts versus the Maple Leafs, he's allowed 11 goals while losing each of his last three starts in Toronto.

Foligno got sent back down and Kaleta is in tonight.

Give us an early Christmas present Sabres!

Note: GDT's aren't started until gameday. You're welcome to start them after midnight.

I was going to say earlier that I'd be willing to do anything to change this team's luck around, even if it meant .....*gasp*..... starting a GDT early?

So, no new Sabres/Amerks were injured on Tuesday... let's get a streak going here!

I was going to say earlier that I'd be willing to do anything to change this team's luck around, even if it meant .....*gasp*..... starting a GDT early?

Speaking of midnights and threads opening, would someone open the Complaint Thursday thread already so that I can bitch about insomnia again? Sometimes that helps. Thanks.

Speaking of midnights and threads opening, would someone open the Complaint Thursday thread already so that I can bitch about insomnia again? Sometimes that helps. Thanks.

I know where you're coming from Eleven, I was just sitting here thinking of how outer helmet padding might have helped save Trent,

but SDS thinks I think to much, hehe,

and he's probably right...

How about Saudi Arabia Rob?

I predict Sabres win

I predict a timeout for a shattered payne of glass

I predict burgandy tie for Lindy Ruff

I predict the zamboni driver will center the Vanek line.

I predict that Lindy"s burgandy tie will match the color of his face

I predict that the shattered payne of glass in your vision will actually be a mirror belonging to one of the wingers who drops it while touching up his makeup.

I predict the Sabres will play a 60 min game.

I predict that the guy who sings the national anthem will point at the camera at the end of his rendition.

I predict that the Sabres will sacrafice two chickens to Ju Ju in the locker room before the game.

I predict the zamboni driver will center the Vanek line.

I predict that Lindy"s burgandy tie will match the color of his face

I predict that the shattered payne of glass in your vision will actually be a mirror belonging to one of the wingers who drops it while touching up his makeup.

I predict the Sabres will play a 60 min game.

I predict that the guy who sings the national anthem will point at the camera at the end of his rendition.

Didn't know Toronto's Anthem singer did that... Anyway I can only predict that I will be watching the game while eating Christmas Dinner with the family tonight. Too many family members working Sunday. Let's Go BUFFALO!!!!

Didn't know Toronto's Anthem singer did that... Anyway I can only predict that I will be watching the game while eating Christmas Dinner with the family tonight. Too many family members working Sunday. Let's Go BUFFALO!!!!

Glad you asked. The inside scoop is that Toronto has hired him to sing the anthem because he is the original "kiss of death for the Sabres at their home games.If it works on the road too, he will have a big future.

Pretty pumped for the game tonight! Had my office bragging rights and a little extra cash thanks to last week's win. Let's hope I don't lose it all back tonight. Let's put these damn injury excuses to bed and roll the Leafs. Riemer was questionable on a couple of goals last game and I think we need to get on him with plenty of shots early and often :beer:

I can't wait to see if Kassian gives Phaneuf a nice hit or a few lefts

I'm sorry, but I don't think Kass would stand a chance fighting Phaneuf. He might throw a nice hit on him, but I doubt he'd fight him. I've been known to be wrong though.

I would love to see a good fight tonight though. Just itching to see one. IDK why. Hopefully, the Sabres run away on the scoreboard too. I'm done just wishing to get thru a game without injuries. I just want to win baby, win.

SIDENOTE: If we endure the injury bug now, the hockey gods can't frown on us during the playoffs then, right? :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, but I don't think Kass would stand a chance fighting Phaneuf. He might throw a nice hit on him, but I doubt he'd fight him. I've been known to be wrong though.

I would love to see a good fight tonight though. Just itching to see one. IDK why. Hopefully, the Sabres run away on the scoreboard too. I'm done just wishing to get thru a game without injuries. I just want to win baby, win.

SIDENOTE: If we endure the injury bug now, the hockey gods can't frown on us during the playoffs then, right? :rolleyes:

I'm not saying he will but I would not be surprised in the very least if Kassian dropped the gloves with him. Youtube Kassian fights and you will see about 40 different fights with guys of all sizes. Based on his play in junior (albeit it's junior) he seemed to have more guts than brains. Considering he's trying to hold onto a roster spot and what it would mean to go up against a guy like Phaneuf I won't be suprised at all. Kassian can hold his own in a tilt.

I'm not saying he will but I would not be surprised in the very least if Kassian dropped the gloves with him. Youtube Kassian fights and you will see about 40 different fights with guys of all sizes. Based on his play in junior (albeit it's junior) he seemed to have more guts than brains. Considering he's trying to hold onto a roster spot and what it would mean to go up against a guy like Phaneuf I won't be suprised at all. Kassian can hold his own in a tilt.

You know what? good call with youtubing those. Pretty interesting actually, and it changed my viewpoint there.

As horrible as this team has been, a win gives them a HUGE boost and a little padding until Myers gets back in about a week. Leino and Myers are all that I need right now as I think they can stay in top 8 with those guys healthy.

this. we're tied with washington and ONE point behind TO and OTT. a win tonight could catapult us into 6th, but at least 7th. need florida and winnipeg to notch some wins tonight as well to keep ottawa and montreal from ascending.

to point out, we could be worse as a team. look at TB. 4 points out of dead last in the conference, and they started out hotter than we did. we start getting back key players next week. there's going to be a resurgence like you saw last year, and this time we're not going to be battling out of the cellar.

i'd like to say that we're going to put boston on notice, but i'm a realist. :)

Archived