GDT: Sabres at Leafs 12/22/11 7:00PM

spndnchz

Alongside Scznfslfsflsf, I have now added Whitmore to the my list of players I'd rather see as the 12th or 13th forward instead of Ellis...

I have to agree. He seems pretty solid. I actually would prefer him 12th and let Szchehuwahnky season some more in the AHL.

I have to agree. He seems pretty solid. I actually would prefer him 12th and let Szchehuwahnky season some more in the AHL.

Dood is 26 and already has NHL 'sperience in Tampa. Any more seasoned and they'd call him salty. He's not gonna develop any more than he already has. He's another borderline NHL/AHL talent. He just happens to have more of it than Ellis.

Dood is 26 and already has NHL 'sperience in Tampa. Any more seasoned and they'd call him salty. He's not gonna develop any more than he already has. He's another borderline NHL/AHL talent. He just happens to have more of it than Ellis.

Didn't realize that. He and Whitmore are essentially in the same place, then, as players. I think Whitmore has more upside, though, at least from what I saw the last two games.

Ellis had two nice chances last night - shame he couldn't convert on either. Although I think once the regulars are back, we won't see him as much. I'm sure that 12th slot is spoken for between Kassian and Tropp. But then again, I'm not Lindy Ruff.

Yeah because every player on that list besides Vanek was really tearing it up right. Injuries yes injuries, thats why we suck...ok got it thx :blink:

It's like I said above, Chewy, Whitmore, Tropp, Stuart, and Kassian all bring the same skill sets as Leino, Gerbe, Boyes, Ennis, and Hecht. Five AHL players can replace five NHL players seamlessly with no drop off at all. None.

But the best part is that having five AHL players come up and seamlessly replace five of your NHL players is that the other NHL players in the lineup are not effected at all.

GO SABRES!!!

It's like I said above, Chewy, Whitmore, Tropp, Stuart, and Kassian all bring the same skill sets as Leino, Gerbe, Boyes, Ennis, and Hecht. Five AHL players can replace five NHL players seamlessly with no drop off at all. None.

But the best part is that having five AHL players come up and seamlessly replace five of your NHL players is that the other NHL players in the lineup are not effected at all.

GO SABRES!!!

Boyes, Lieno, Hecht, Ennis, Gerbe

99 Games 14 Goals 24 Assists 70 Hits

Kassian, Szczechura, Tropp, Whitmore, Stewart

39 Games 5 goals 7 Assists 51 Hits

Projected to 99 Games:

99 Games 13 goals 18 Assists 130 Hits

Considering McCormick and Ellis were on the Sabres roster from day 1, and Tropp was called up first in lieu of Kassian or Chewey on a management/coaching decision.....if you look at the play of Kassian and Chewey alone:

22 Games 4 Goals 6 Assists -1 27 Hits

Which projects to:

99 Games 18 Goals 27 Assists -4 121 Hits

So I would say Kassian and Chewey are just as good as what was being produced by the 5 originals, and Tropp, Stuart and Whitmore have only combined for 18 games....or what equates to the amount of games Weber was a healthy scratch in favor of Gragnani.

And I know how hard it is for linemates to get used to each other.......Roy and Stafford have been playing for 5 years together and have 4 goals in their last 34 combined games. Maybe around 2016 the chemistry will start to gel.....

I have no problem saying the Sabres are playing as good as an AHL club right now. Just don't tell me that we'd be a better NHL club with more AHL players.

I'd like to see all the preseason opinions suggesting that Chewy, Whitmore, Tropp, Stuart, and Kassian should all remain on the opening day roster with the big club. Even those of us who've been hollering for more grit thought Kassian should develop in the AHL this season.

I know, it's hard to believe Wally Pipp was ever deemed better than Lou Gehrig. And by one of the greatest managers in the history of the game at that. And no, I'm not remotely saying Ruff is in the same sentence as Miller Huggins. Just that even people better than Ruff have made greater errors in judgement. Let's see if Ruff follows Huggins' example and leaves Kassian in the lineup. That's the true test.

Anyway, 20/20 hindsight makes geniuses of us all.

I appreciate the effort in compiling the projections but they mean little to me. At one point Vanek was on pace to score well over 100 goals this season while the Sabres were projecting to finish with 136 points in the standings. We can go back and forth with projections. Bottom line is, nobody can say the injured regulars would have kept producing at the same rate nor can anyone say the AHL replacements will continue to produce at present rates.

You may want to rethink using the Roy/Stafford example as linemates who've known each other for years, have established chemistry, and yet can't seem to produce. I'll just continue to say that constantly having to introduce new players, seemingly every other day to the mix, is not conducive to cohesive play. Especially when those new players don't have the requisite experience to play at a major league level. That only comes with the experience of having played at that level.

GO SABRES!!!

K-9

I know this team will be better with the guys you mentioned. I for one didn't know who Szczechura was. Kassian was getting re-educated in camp, so I had no idea what to make of him.

Everyone agrees if the effort last night is put up every night with the healthy roster, you have every right to be excited. But history has shown us that this team is like living with an alcoholic for a spouse. On their best day it is all roses and you remember why you fell in love in the first place. But the harm that is done on a regular basis by their negative outbursts can turn your life into a living hell. I just view the entire group as enablers.

K-9

I know this team will be better with the guys you mentioned. I for one didn't know who Szczechura was. Kassian was getting re-educated in camp, so I had no idea what to make of him.

Everyone agrees if the effort last night is put up every night with the healthy roster, you have every right to be excited. But history has shown us that this team is like living with an alcoholic for a spouse. On their best day it is all roses and you remember why you fell in love in the first place. But the harm that is done on a regular basis by their negative outbursts can turn your life into a living hell. I just view the entire group as enablers.

Agreed. Especially with regards to effort. I'm afraid your comparison to the alcoholic spouse is going to be born out on Monday night against the Caps. Like the day after Thanksgiving, our guys, perhaps particularly the young guns, are gonna come in with a holiday hangover. I think it's easier to be the road team after a holiday hiatus.

Damn that drunken bitch. Damn her to hell!

God, I love that lush.

GO SABRES!!!

Not even close.

Wait a minute. If I point out that you may have missed my sarcasm, would that be admitting that I have no appreciation for your sarcasm if indeed you were being sarcastic?

Anyway, I was trying to make a point in my usual round-about, seldom clear manner.

GO SABRES!!!

Agreed. Especially with regards to effort. I'm afraid your comparison to the alcoholic spouse is going to be born out on Monday night against the Caps. Like the day after Thanksgiving, our guys, perhaps particularly the young guns, are gonna come in with a holiday hangover. I think it's easier to be the road team after a holiday hiatus.

Damn that drunken bitch. Damn her to hell!

God, I love that lush.

GO SABRES!!!

Wait a minute. If I point out that you may have missed my sarcasm, would that be admitting that I have no appreciation for your sarcasm if indeed you were being sarcastic?

Anyway, I was trying to make a point in my usual round-about, seldom clear manner.

GO SABRES!!!

I missed your sarcasm. Sorry.

Archived