Leadership

RazielSabre

This generation of players simply isn't wired for accountability. For the first time in the 10,000 year history of hockey, the players' brains have evolved in ways that we simply cannot comprehend. Lindy just can't impress them in a digital way. He's still trying to find what buttons to push when they only respond to touchscreens.

GO SABRES!!!

:clapping:

Then why doesn't someone here show some "leadership" and tell us what is so great about the current Sabres and their situation? All I seem to see is "have patience" and "we have lots of boo-boos". If you can bring facts to the table as to great coaching moves, proactive GM moves that have a positive outcome this year, or stellar play from any of the veteran players and money-makers...I am more than willing to listen.

The biggest positive I have seen is more energy, physical play, and guys sticking up for each other. Unfortunately it has come from Kassian, McNabb, Tropp, Finley, Ellis, and Szczchura......all guys who were not on the opening day roster and who other than Ellis, have played a total of 20 games under Lindy Ruff.

Please....elaborate on the current positives.....

So you are saying that one poster with a critical eye who is willing to give thought out and thorough analysis of the Sabres and who is not afraid to ask questions of those in authority is enough to shut up an entire "majority" of fans who feel the sky is the limit and are happy with the current situation and find conditions ideal if not acceptable?

You should be on the Sabres payroll, because that is a fine excuse after another defeat.

Sort of like that?............. :angel:

Are all of us happy with losing? no. But at the same time, some of us think you can achieve change and change direction without doing a wholesale change. For instance, I've said that just trading a player or two and changing some chemistry on the team could help. You say: Lindy and Darcy and Stafford and .... (ten minutes later after you've ranted and raved about everyone less the rookies) ... has to go. You are critical, yes, very. I get it. I used to enjoy your different perspective as it kept a lot of ideas of mine grounded. But it's come to the point where it's not even a conversation anymore, it's you on a freaking high horse, on it's own pedestal that you built, while looking down at everyone else because everyone else is wrong. It's become rather annoying.

We get it that you don't like the direction of the team and haven't for quite some time. you've made it quite clear for quite some time. Try staying critical of the Sabres, not of every other poster on here.

So you are saying that one poster with a critical eye who is willing to give thought out and thorough analysis of the Sabres and who is not afraid to ask questions of those in authority is enough to shut up an entire "majority" of fans who feel the sky is the limit and are happy with the current situation and find conditions ideal if not acceptable?

You should be on the Sabres payroll, because that is a fine excuse after another defeat.

Sort of like that?............. :angel:

This place is sort of like a bar to hang out in and shoot the ###### with people. You remind me of the guy in the bar that keeps coming over to me telling reasons why I should go out with him. Every conversation I'm having with my friends gets butted in on and turns into an "all about me" "why don't you notice me" "why can't you believe I'm the best dude" "my opinion is the only opinion" conversation. I get your point. But you can't make me like it. We all get it. But it gets invasive, old, annoying and makes me want to leave the bar.

Are all of us happy with losing? no. But at the same time, some of us think you can achieve change and change direction without doing a wholesale change. For instance, I've said that just trading a player or two and changing some chemistry on the team could help. You say: Lindy and Darcy and Stafford and .... (ten minutes later after you've ranted and raved about everyone less the rookies) ... has to go. You are critical, yes, very. I get it. I used to enjoy your different perspective as it kept a lot of ideas of mine grounded. But it's come to the point where it's not even a conversation anymore, it's you on a freaking high horse, on it's own pedestal that you built, while looking down at everyone else because everyone else is wrong. It's become rather annoying.

We get it that you don't like the direction of the team and haven't for quite some time. you've made it quite clear for quite some time. Try staying critical of the Sabres, not of every other poster on here.

You are missing the point - even he doesn't believe the ###### he spews - he looks for conflict for his own entertainment - the subject matter is irrelevant.

This particular subject has been fruitful for him in the past, so he sticks with it. There are some very educational threads on TBD that serve as a great frame of reference.

This place is sort of like a bar to hang out in and shoot the ###### with people. You remind me of the guy in the bar that keeps coming over to me telling reasons why I should go out with him. Every conversation I'm having with my friends gets butted in on and turns into an "all about me" "why don't you notice me" "why can't you believe I'm the best dude" "my opinion is the only opinion" conversation. I get your point. But you can't make me like it. We all get it. But it gets invasive, old, annoying and makes me want to leave the bar.

Do you have a mirror in your pocket?

I'm confused. Why, exactly, can't we use injuries as excuse for losing? Nobody is going to convince me that we are better when Leo and Myers on the ice.

Leopold has been having a good season on the goals and assists realm. I think our team could benefit from that offense since we're having a hard time scoring goals recently.

I'm confused. Why, exactly, can't we use injuries as excuse for losing? Nobody is going to convince me that we are better when Leo and Myers on the ice.

Leopold has been having a good season on the goals and assists realm. I think our team could benefit from that offense since we're having a hard time scoring goals recently.

I think he left out a couple words.

You are missing the point - even he doesn't believe the ###### he spews - he looks for conflict for his own entertainment - the subject matter is irrelevant.

This particular subject has been fruitful for him in the past, so he sticks with it. There are some very educational threads on TBD that serve as a great frame of reference.

meh. the comedians schtick has grown old. And I stopped even reading over there, let alone posting.

Who is making it "about me"? When I have a certain poster following me around in every thread like he is a Remora to my Shark.....isn't he making it "about me"?

I made the mistake last time I was under attack by generalising my rebuttal instead of singling out the very few posters who were attacking. Chz, you are fine. I get it that you like the half-full cup. but what is more irrelevant.....me expanding on the same points about the hockey team and management in multiple threads, or posters constantly riding me for my opinion in multiple threads?

When the foundation is rotten, who gives a crap what color paint the walls are?

Who is making it "about me"? When I have a certain poster following me around in every thread like he is a Remora to my Shark.....isn't he making it "about me"?

I made the mistake last time I was under attack by generalising my rebuttal instead of singling out the very few posters who were attacking. Chz, you are fine. I get it that you like the half-full cup. but what is more irrelevant.....me expanding on the same points about the hockey team and management in multiple threads, or posters constantly riding me for my opinion in multiple threads?

When the foundation is rotten, who gives a crap what color paint the walls are?

Gosh thanks I was worried.DWC

The word "stopped" implies that he actually started at some point.

I know you're making a funny, but I think he has offered plenty of good material in the past. If he didn't we wouldn't let him remain here. But he tends towards this trend of allowing nonsense to take over his posts. He's taken vacations before to remedy it and maybe it's starting to become time for one again. It's just a shame because I hate glossing over the posts of a long standing member, but I don't have the time to dedicate to reading and interpreting his rants. I'm here to read a forum, not Ulysses.

I know you're making a funny, but I think he has offered plenty of good material in the past. If he didn't we wouldn't let him remain here. But he tends towards this trend of allowing nonsense to take over his posts. He's taken vacations before to remedy it and maybe it's starting to become time for one again. It's just a shame because I hate glossing over the posts of a long standing member, but I don't have the time to dedicate to reading and interpreting his rants. I'm here to read a forum, not Ulysses.

Frankly, that's how I feel.

Actually I was dead serious. He's always been like this. Absolutely nothing has changed. The only difference is that there are now 2 people worshiping the ground he walks on and they regurgitate those words as well. It just feeds the beast.

And yes, I'm already sitting back for the long winded analogy in response to these comments.

edit: And I'm beginning to realize that I missed out on something entertaining with these millenials comments.

It's definitely an odyssey at times. Especially for us Homers he likes to criticize so much.

GO SABRES!!!

Why should we? You'll just turn it around into some paranoid rant with a cherry on top.

More Millenial ramblings. I can't understand anyone around here except PA, and he must have seen the light about this Millenial crap months ago, and bailed before the ###### hit the fan.

Help me!!!!

Archived