GDT: Sabres at Canadiens 11/14/11 7:00PM

spndnchz

Changes need to be made, this defense is horrible, just horrible.

And the offense is no better.

Pegula needs to step in here and make some changes with management, if this is the best they can do for an on ice product.

This is foolish.

I think she went turbo drunk. I bet she's rolling in the gutter screaming about why Derek Roy doesn't love her. :D

BECAUSE HE'S A LIABILITY TO THIS TEAM IS WHY. Wait, what?

Boyes might be one of the best on the shootout post lockout.

Boyes and Vanek.

Wow, we're trying to have a conversation here. What are you contributing?

At least I thought it was funny...

I think it's interesting how little the hit on Enroth is being discussed. If the Sabres ended up losing this game on that Vanek penalty in OT or in the shootout, this board would be exploding with what a terrible bunch pansies the Sabres are. No doubt about it.

Secondly, I wonder who sits on D for the game against the devils. It can't be Myers again, or could it?

There are a couple of differences:

It wasn't quite the hit Lucic put on Miller; both in terms of sheer drama and obvious intent.

It was at a point where the Sabres couldn't afford more trips to the penalty box if they wanted to win. And I think we can all agree they NEEDED a win tonight.

The Miller hit was early in the game, and the Sabres were up 1, if memory serves. More importantly, it was obvious to anyone with half a brain that there was intent to hit and injure.

But, BUT, it was still a hit on the Sabres goaltender, and the Sabres in some way should respond. You are not, however, going to get a response from an effete bunch of wusses like the Sabres are.

The win is nice, and the record is nice, but the problem still exists. Tonight proved that. Of all nights to even bump their goaltender, tonight should have been the worst night to do it with all of the flack the team has received the past few days. Every one of them should have had their pubes burning to make a statement.

If Gaustad wasn't the lunkhead he is, he could have saved his misplaced ire and subsequent trips to the penalty box for just such a moment. It would have been a totally different game.

As it is, apparently they swished out onto the ice for the first and second all depressed and emo, fortunate enough to stay down by only 2, and decided to "turn it on" for the third.

Montreal won't be a threat to the Sabres in the playoffs. Boston and Philly will be, and those two teams play a physical game the Sabres are simply not prepared to match.

So, we can congratulate them on a fine come back tonight, but all of the work to get into the playoffs will be for naught unless the core issues with this team are for once and for all addressed. Echo, echo, echo...

Just checked, Boyes is 2nd in the entire league among active players in shootout percentage, just behind Juicy Jokinen.

Whoa, I never knew juicebox was that good. Nor Boyes for that matter. Good on him. He's been playing better of late too. Not so long ago I was sure he was a waste of a 2nd rounder.

Montreal won't be a threat to the Sabres in the playoffs. Boston and Philly will be, and those two teams play a physical game the Sabres are simply not prepared to match.

I thought we "matched" Philly's toughness just fine in last year's playoffs as we were the tougher team in that series. Unfortunately, they were the better team and they ended up winning in seven games.

November is a good month for your hockey team to have issues.

I thought we "matched" Philly's toughness just fine in last year's playoffs as we were the tougher team in that series. Unfortunately, they were the better team and they ended up winning in seven games.

November is a good month for your hockey team to have issues.

I don't agree that the Sabres matched the Flyers toughness last year. I think that the Sabres have more skill, and ultimately it was the Flyers' toughness that put the Sabres' skill down.

This is why it's so frustrating: add a little testicular fortitude, a mean-streak, and some muscle to the roster, and the Sabres could indeed go very deep into the playoffs with most of the skill intact.

Especially now with an amazing goaltender tandem, and a very hot Vanek and Roy (which pains me to say).

OK, so tonight it was a Penalty SNapshot!

25 Minutes is not my favorite reality TV show, but tonight it was all that was on, and I enjoyed how it ended after the first frustrating 35.

First place in the division? These guys? Uh, yep.

OK, so tonight it was a Penalty SNapshot!

25 Minutes is not my favorite reality TV show, but tonight it was all that was on, and I enjoyed how it ended after the first frustrating 35.

First place in the division? These guys? Uh, yep.

Well look at that! The Sabres are first in the division, and the Boston Bullies are last!

They still have our lunch money though.

Well look at that! The Sabres are first in the division, and the Boston Bullies are last!

They still have our lunch money though.

Very succinct, but describes the situation utterly and completely. :clapping:

for all the negativity thats been going on around here, we are second in the east right now, seems like we just need more consistency and chemistry

Correct. All is not lost. But it would be of great assistance to the team if Leino and Ehrhoff would reach the potential Darcy & Co. saw in them.

Archived