GDT: Sabres at Canadiens 11/14/11 7:00PM

spndnchz

I hate to be a downer after a win, but again our Goalie gets run and absolutely nothing comes of it, then GOOSE in the post game interview referring to the hit on MILLER, says it won't happen again, Hello, McFLY.

Otherwise big game from ROY, VANEK, POMMERS and ENROTH. Also BOYES has been looking good and he's rewarded with only over 9 minutes of ice time while LIENO gets over 17 minutes and fails to even register a SOG, then LINDY has him out there on the PP in overtime. Again sorry about whining (bitching)after a good win.

Ville Leino and Christian Errorhoff = :death: :death: . Apparently instead of having Lindy do the work of removing the balls from new players, they just go out and sign players that already have no balls to begin with. This bunch of invertebrates is pathetic. I think Regehr has even had a ball removed since being here.

This

They may not have proven anything from a physical sense, but 'gutless' was a word (rightfully) thrown around a lot over the last couple days. I dare say today's victory showed some guts. :thumbsup:

I can vouge for that in the 3rd period, but the Sabres were not applying any physical pressure or gutless effort in the first two periods. I am not satisfied w/ tonight's win. Had they played Boston it would've been a 2 or more score loss...

I lover our F**kin goalies too, but Miller is out right now. The Sabres are now dependent on Enroth. The guy has been playing amazing hockey, but can he do it for the long term? There is no such thing as a mild concussion. Miller could be out a week or he could be out for an indefinite period of time. The Sabres do not have a legit backup for Enroth. It'll be interesting to see what happens...

You're right. MacIntrye hasn't had any real NHL experience but it will be interesting if he can stand tall as well. Then we have the local boy Leggio holding it down in Rochester.

I thought the first period they looked listless, like either they had dead legs or they couldn't decide between trying to skate with the Habs or playing physical. Then in the second they started showing signs of life, and the third period was a pretty damn good show of puck control, hustle, winning one-on-one battles and creating turnovers.

I also think PK Subban is a helluva talent and seems to have zero hockey IQ. Some of his plays were just plain stupid.

Excellent! They gotta start playing that at the F'N Center.

Immediate Game Thoughts

1. 6 hits credited to Weber tonight. His game isn't polished (though it didn't show tonight), but he fills a critical niche and needs to be kept in the lineup.

2. Derek Roy with 8 points in his last 4 games. He logged 24:28 of ice time today. Warrior effort.

3. The Sabres spent 10% of regulation on Goose's penalty kills. I appreciate grittiness, but it can't manifest itself like that.

4. Enroth 6-0-0. Nothing dominant today, but he got the job done.

5. This might be the most tepid 5-1 stretch you could imagine, but that's the reality.

LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!

This thread was absolutely horrible to read in the 1st and 2nd. Holy carp. Did anybody notice that Leino fell down at least once every single time he was out there on the ice? I didn't mind how he was playing, but the guy sure falls down a lot. I'm unsure about the new line of Pommer-Roy-Vanek. If they can keep scoring like that, then by all means keep it coming.

You're right. MacIntrye hasn't had any real NHL experience but it will be interesting if he can stand tall as well. Then we have the local boy Leggio holding it down in Rochester.

I don't know what free agents are available, but the Sabres, if it is affordable, need to try and acquire a veteran backup goalie if Miller is out for an extended period of time. Enroth is playing amazing hockey, but as I said before can he do it long term?

We may not always look like world beaters out there but $hit we've won 5 of 6 now and sit atop the division. I believe a poster said last time we played Montreal that a good team wins games they should, a great team wins games they shouldn't. Not saying were great....yet. But we've sure won some games this year we shouldn't have. Let's get Myers right, MAG in the press box and continue winning. Do we have limitations? Yes. But come on, we're 11-6 and atop the division. Unlike several comments in this thread, we are most certainly a playoff team, let's use the next few months to fix our liabilities and make a trade if necessary.

Archived