GDT: Sabres at Canadiens 11/14/11 7:00PM

spndnchz

Just got home to catch Weber run over Moen. I like it.

Is Teppo in the box with Myers?

Nah, they had a little blurb showing Myers talking with Kevyn Adams and Teppo during practice.

This thread needs a positive post: We're going to come back and win this game! :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Well, looks like I'm not seeing this period because the roommate has two shows DVRing, so I guess it's How I Met Your Mother for 20 more minutes.

Which from the sound of things might be the better choice.

Wish I could see it, roommates are watchin wrestling. Hope they make a game out of it.

What the hell, are your roommates girls or dudes? :lol: I actually had to fend off housemates of my own tonight, successfully!

I haven't been paying attention... did Roy start between Pommer and Vanek or did that happen sometime during this game?

Nope, started off with Adam between them, switched in the second period.

Wow, Goose. Get it under control. Too many minors this game.

Tell me about it. After the game, he claimed the crosscheck in the crease was unfortunate because his stick slid up from the dude's shoulder pads? Whatever.

Goose is trying too hard to play with an edge - he needs to pick his spots better - but with Buffalo's 91.2% on the PK, it's something I can live with...

Kaleta, on the other hand, was flying all over the place. And, as has been mentioned recently, he has been playing very smart as well.

Did anyone notice the guy who was lying in front of Enroth on the first goal grabbed and held the stick of one of our defenders?

I forget who the Hab was, but yeah it looked like Regehr's stick was being held. I expected to see a wtf wave from him during the replay, but there was none.

Fun game, I thought they played well. They played physical enough. They got a lot of chances in the first period that they couldn't quite capitalize on.

Their PK was phenomenal, especially during the OT 4-on-3 PK. They got 3 clears and 3 line changes; I particularly noticed that Regehr had two separate shifts on that PK.

Just because they won does not mean they played well.

They played 25minutes of hockey and won the game so wooo

After watching MAG going in stick first for a puck, allowing the guy to push past him... and then watching Weber slam the guy into the boards instead of allowing the guy to push past him, I now firmly believe that Weber needs to be in the lineup every night. The 2nd montreal goal was more dumb luck than any sort of break down on the defenses part and Enroth needs to kick that leg out. All and all I think this game was not physical enough and yet again a guy ran over a sabres goalie and we did.... NOTHING. Yup it was OT and we were getting a PP but after the other day, I think it warranted a better response from this team...

Glad we won but still not seeing a lot of heart.

Got it, now. I thought it was unlike you. :)

Fair enough. :thumbsup:

The only way to not get frustrated is to completely ignore it, otherwise, with all the noise, you could completely overlook in-depth hockey analysis like this-

Is it just me or does Cole always look like someone tried to hand him a dirty diaper?

:lol: it's not just you.

After watching MAG going in stick first for a puck, allowing the guy to push past him... and then watching Weber slam the guy into the boards instead of allowing the guy to push past him, I now firmly believe that Weber needs to be in the lineup every night. The 2nd montreal goal was more dumb luck than any sort of break down on the defenses part and Enroth needs to kick that leg out. All and all I think this game was not physical enough and yet again a guy ran over a sabres goalie and we did.... NOTHING. Yup it was OT and we were getting a PP but after the other day, I think it warranted a better response from this team...

Very true. They only played 20 minutes of solid hockey. They brought the pressure during OT but that was mainly due to the fact that they were on the PP. Our PK has been phenomenal. Roy, Vanek, Weber, Enroth and Regehr played well. Gerbe was Gerbe, as in always consistent.

I think it's interesting how little the hit on Enroth is being discussed. If the Sabres ended up losing this game on that Vanek penalty in OT or in the shootout, this board would be exploding with what a terrible bunch pansies the Sabres are. No doubt about it.

Secondly, I wonder who sits on D for the game against the devils. It can't be Myers again, or could it?

How exactly do you define heart? Comming back two goals down in the third period in one of the toughest buildings to play in and getting the win shows a tremendous amount of 'heart' to me.

Wow, I kind of figured I would see a team with a bit of an edge tonight, instead I had to listen to Versus announcers talk about what a bunch pansy's the Sabres were in the first two periods.

At this point I may get someone to comment "score board idiot" but, here goes anyway.

Running Enroth?

Didn't the Sabres learn anything from the Miller incident?

You may say, wake up A hole it was the middle of OT, what did you want them to do?

I wanted to see them collectively skate over to the prick that thought it was cute to clip Enroth and Ruff him up a bit.

Is the team buying into Larry Playfair's lament about no fighting in hockey.

It concerned me when I heard Lindy Ruff talk about eliminating fighting from the game not to long ago.

Obviously other coaches and other teams don't share in their opinion.

I am not saying they should have started pounding on the guy but, it would have been nice to see a little more outrage, a little more aggression.

You might ask, did you want them taking a penalty late in the game?

O.K., I will admit that running Enroth knowing the Sabres were pissed about Miller seemed like a tactic to draw a penalty late; however, what is the price they pay if Enroth gets a high ankle sprain or tweaked wrist?

I have heard Lindy talk about playing the game with a pissed off attitude before, but tonight when the cameras panned over to the bench while the announcers were mocking Buffalo's passive play, it looked like the lights were on but nobody was home.

I have seen Buffalo when they are playing with an edge, guys are leaning over the bench, chatting it up, etc.

Tonight?

I don't know much; however, I do know, I do not want to hear Pierre Mcquire mocking Buffalo for their passive play the rest of the season.

By the way, it will be interesting if Gaustad gets suspended for the elbow to the head early in the game, along with the cross check to the neck. Boyes didn't have any idea he was getting suspended.

How exactly do you define heart? Comming back two goals down in the third period in one of the toughest buildings to play in and getting the win shows a tremendous amount of 'heart' to me.

Montreal is not that good. Come back against a team that doesn't suck and I will be impressed... also HEART is playing for more than a win it is playing for eachother. I still do not see this team playing for eachother and thats how I define heart. I refuse to let a good 3rd period trick me into thinking this team is suddenly full of heart and magic.

If they had beat up the guy who had run Enroth than maybe I would feel slightly better. Even if it was OT... (I completely understand if NO one agrees with this just be nice :thumbsup: )

Montreal is not that good. Come back against a team that doesn't suck and I will be impressed... also HEART is playing for more than a win it is playing for eachother. I still do not see this team playing for eachother and thats how I define heart. I refuse to let a good 3rd period trick me into thinking this team is suddenly full of heart and magic.

If they had beat up the guy who had run Enroth than maybe I would feel slightly better. Even if it was OT... (I completely understand if NO one agrees with this just be nice :thumbsup: )

I guess we have different verions of heart. Say what you want about Montreal but that building is tough to win in, period. If that come back came at home I would not be nearly as impressed. But on the road, hostile environment, not bad. It is what it is. Rough 40 minutes but I don't know you can say they didn't have heart with a two goal, third period comeback in Montreal.

By the way, I'm trying to be nice, just having a discussion.

I guess we have different verions of heart. Say what you want about Montreal but that building is tough to win in, period. If that come back came at home I would not be nearly as impressed. But on the road, hostile environment, not bad. It is what it is. Rough 40 minutes but I don't know you can say they didn't have heart with a two goal, third period comeback in Montreal.

By the way, I'm trying to be nice, just having a discussion.

You also have to remember the Sabres are better on the road. I understand what you are saying and I am encouraged by their play in the 3rd period but I have seen what it takes to win a cup and I remember the 05-06 team and they had it... this team still is lacking it.

You also have to remember the Sabres are better on the road. I understand what you are saying and I am encouraged by their play in the 3rd period but I have seen what it takes to win a cup and I remember the 05-06 team and they had it... this team still is lacking it.

They are 11-6.

Obviously you are not a real fan.

I also see what you're saying and don't necessarily disagree, but saying we're not a cup contender or even playoff team (I know you didn't say it) seems very premature what 16, 17 games into the season. Cut it anyway you want, winning 5 of 6 in this league is nothing to ignore, regardless of how we appeared to play. You just cannot dominate every play of every game. Noboday can. Every team makes mistakes but comming back in a hostile environment should atleast be given credit for having some heart IMO. Anyways, I'm not trying to put down your ideas, just throwing my thoughts out there.

I also see what you're saying and don't necessarily disagree, but saying we're not a cup contender or even playoff team (I know you didn't say it) seems very premature what 16, 17 games into the season. Cut it anyway you want, winning 5 of 6 in this league is nothing to ignore, regardless of how we appeared to play. You just cannot dominate every play of every game. Noboday can. Every team makes mistakes but comming back in a hostile environment should atleast be given credit for having some heart IMO. Anyways, I'm not trying to put down your ideas, just throwing my thoughts out there.

Agreed. It is still to early to know what this team will play like in March and beyond. I just hope they build off of their comeback tonight and learn to play tougher than they have been. Basically i personally need to see more before I fully "believe" as jeannerett would say.

How dare you say they don't have what it takes to win.

They won tonight.

I'm sorry... :cry:

Agreed. It is still to early to know what this team will play like in March and beyond. I just hope they build off of their comeback tonight and learn to play tougher than they have been. Basically i personally need to see more before I fully "believe" as jeannerett would say.

Fair enough.

Btw, where is the antagonist poster tonight?We need someone to be a Snowmobiler or SpikedWarrior.

We won, thats why.

I only saw OT but our PP looked well during that, shooting the puck, moving it with a few passes then shooting instead of the passes back and forth and so on.

That PK was very well also in the OT, killed it and gave us some momentum into a shootout.

That run into Enroth wasnt nearly as bad as Lucic.

He didnt show as much blatancy.

Lets hope we get another W v. NJD this Wednesday!

Brodeur has been shaky as of late.

LGB!

Archived