GDT: Flames at Sabres 11/4/11 7:30PM

Assquatch

spndnchz has started 4 of the last 5 GDTs and the Sabres have lost all 4. I'm switching up the mojo a bit; spank me if you must.

Tonight starts a string of 7 consecutive weeks where the Sabres play Friday+Saturday. I hope Enroth gets 7 starts out of those 14 games.

There we go!

spndnchz has started 4 of the last 5 GDTs and the Sabres have lost all 4. I'm switching up the mojo a bit; spank me if you must.

Tonight starts a string of 7 consecutive weeks where the Sabres play Friday+Saturday. I hope Enroth gets 7 starts out of those 14 games.

You're due in to work by 7AM tomorrow morning.

Let's see, who stood out tonight?

Myers, Leino, Boyes, Tropp, Pommer and Vanek (of course), and Ehrhoff.

Which is not to say anyone played poorly.

I think if there was a dog tonight it was MAGs. I would still prefer more looks at Weber.

I think if there was a dog tonight it was MAGs. I would still prefer more looks at Weber.

great game by Stafford too...

60 minutes = win

this team has the talent

beat ottawa

beat the Jets on Sunday (bring on the whiteout)

Happy Monday!

I've been calling for Weber all year. But MAG played a good game and the PP was clicking tonite. I would not change the lineup...or the lines (Lindy)! And I'm not worried about the third game in four nites--I think half the lineup would play a double header tonite just to keep it rolling. Alfie may not play--mrore good news. Did I mention I hate the friggin, punk Flyers?

Do we cause these amazing performances by opposing goalies? I mean there were at least three "robbed him blind" saves by this kid during that game, not like we took 44 shots right at his chest.

That's the thing--some nites they float pucks into the goalie's chest. Tonite they were taking quality shots. Tip your hat to that tower in net and move on knowing you played a solid game.

The Sabres MSG postgame is cheap and sucks. Uncle Terry needs to throw some cash at it.

Anyway, yes Stafford had a good game, and clearly Ethron was good.

No one really stunk. Which is nice, for a change, with a home game.

I actually think that, for this team, 3 games in 4 nights isn't a bad thing. As long as they can have the lead going into the third, Lindy will close the doors for the remaining period.

See, I didn't say anything against miller, I just sad what if enroth said that, technically absolving myself of all liabilities ;)

Well, then some anonymous person on the internet needs to yell at Enroth for it.

And the Enroth should start over Miller talk begins...again :death:

MAG was unimpressive, I am sorry but I barely noticed him on the ice

Myers is starting to look like himself and thats a good sign, he had a couple of quality chances

Stafford missed a golden opportunity on the 2 on nothing. I am happy he played a lot better lets see if he can keep it up.

Leino played wing and wasn't horrible, so what happens when Ennis comes back?

Boyes is starting to be more impressive, I think he needs more physical players on his line to succeed.

Final thought: Gerbe was yet again the sabre I noticed most often as trying to make a difference, i think this kid is a future captain and I love that he plays with so much heart and got rewarded with the game winner.

No Miller and no Kip and still some really good goal-tending seen tonight.

A really good game by Stafford. I am not even including the goal in that statement. There was an energy to his game that he doesn't show as often as he should or could. He has the talent it's the consistency in effort which holds him back.

Leino is playing better. I'll leave it at that.

I hope Lindy gives Enroth the start Saturday. 5 goals in 232:45 minutes of play this season deserves back to back starts. A .958 save percentage on 114 shots is also impressive. It would be a great message to all the young players, play well and you play no matter who is listed above you on the depth start.

No Miller and no Kip and still some really good goal-tending seen tonight.

A really good game by Stafford. I am not even including the goal in that statement. There was an energy to his game that he doesn't show as often as he should or could. He has the talent it's the consistency in effort which holds him back.

Leino is playing better. I'll leave it at that.

I hope Lindy gives Enroth the start Saturday. 5 goals in 232:45 minutes of play this season deserves back to back starts. A .958 save percentage on 114 shots is also impressive. It would be a great message to all the young players, play well and you play no matter who is listed above you on the depth start.

It won't happen, but I understand the desire for another Enroth start. Think about it this way though: if Enroth is the starter, we want Miller tomorrow don't we?

Just a thought.

I bet Miller plays lights out tomorrow BTW.

stay with the hot hand.....start assquatch tommorrow.

Very nice.

Leino, Boyes, Myers, Ehrhoff, Stafford, Roy...

Good night for the whipping boys.

Good call.

Myers is starting to look like himself and thats a good sign, he had a couple of quality chances

Stafford missed a golden opportunity on the 2 on nothing. I am happy he played a lot better lets see if he can keep it up.

Boyes is starting to be more impressive, I think he needs more physical players on his line to succeed.

Final thought: Gerbe was yet again the sabre I noticed most often as trying to make a difference, i think this kid is a future captain and I love that he plays with so much heart and got rewarded with the game winner.

I agree with all of this.

My game notes:

1. Is karlsson the heir apparent to kipper? That was quite an effort he turned in.

2. Of.course, the sabres got good goaltending tonight too...

3. Gaustad-Gerbe-Boyes is more dangerous in the offensive zone than G-G-Kaleta

4. That was Leino's best game, as well as that of the roy-stafford-Leino line. Leino was very strong on both ends and it became clear to me that he has a very good hockey IQ.

5. Very nice 60-minute effort by the sabres. Calgary played pretty well too.

6. The new D pairings are working pretty well. I think Leopold said over the summer that he and Regehr played together as a pair in calgary for a couple of seasons. They looked pretty good, as did Myers-Sekera, who both had very strong games IMHO.

7. Luke Adam is having a nice rookie year so far.

Good win.

Let's forget the Enroth v Miller talk for a bit a look at the play of the team this evening. Nice passing, good setups, good back checking and I especially liked the fact that they threw the puck at the net from everywhere.

I have to say, I especially liked Gerbe and Boyes on the same line. Not so much Goose (I do agree with you on the physical aspect of that line, but Goose is just to slow), but he'll do for now at center, but you could tell Boyes and Gerbe were definitely clicking.

I disagree on Leino, he was in the corners, along the blueline boards, back checking in the nuetral zone and if Stafford passes instead of shoots he's on the scoreboard.

I think Roy and Stafford are a good 2/3 of a line, Ennis or Leino, good question by the way.

Archived