GDT: Flyers at Sabres 11/2/11 7:30PM

spndnchz

To defend Miller a little bit, goals #2 and #3 were really well placed shots. I doubt too many guys would have stopped goal #2. Maybe #3 was a bit weaker.

IMHO, the entire team was sleep walking for the first 5 minutes or so... what bothers me is how consistently that has been happening lately.

To defend Miller a little bit, goals #2 and #3 were really well placed shots. I doubt too many guys would have stopped goal #2. Maybe #3 was a bit weaker.

IMHO, the entire team was sleep walking for the first 5 minutes or so... what bothers me is how consistently that has been happening lately.

My sentiment exactly.

The team's response, or lack thereof, to Lindy's coaching tactics has really got to be looked at.

I don't understand why Leino needed to be put into the top line against his former team to spark his game. Shouldn't his crappy play in the first 10 games be the spark he needs to up his game? Even if it's on the second or third or fourth lines?

See, this is what potentially scares me about Pegula's Dream Team: too many guys paid like superstars now, and not enough guys with the proper self-motivation needed to win a Stanley Cup.

Too me that's the key line. I'm not going to make excuse for Leino but he has played in only ten games with three different lines. One shift into tonights game and the line changes again. Each player on this team is offensively very unique and to try to adjust within a game several times to fit the personnel on your line is not an easy task. I'm sorry but for a guy that just signed here to be moved around this often just makes no sense. Leino has consistently talked about chemistry whereas Ruff seems to only care for guys that can play as interchangeable parts. This could end up being like the an unstoppable force meeting an immovable object...which would not be pretty.

One thing I will say: we've traded for Raffi Torres and Dominic Moore, two players that have returned to productivity in the years immediately after playing for the Sabres. I don't know the intricacies of Ruff's system but I for one am tired of seeing draft picks and money thrown into short term deals that end up netting the Sabres nothing. Ruff is the second longest tenured coach in major league sports and has no championship to show for it. At what point is it time for him to start changing?

Myers :wallbash:

myers is young. chara took a lot of time to develop to be the big ogre that he is now. the question for me is does myers have the character be a chara type? he showed flashes of hitting in the Flyers series last year but I'm not so sure that he just isn't a timid big guy who can skate. the rest of the league seems to have figured this out.

He was down early on both....and his position was not that great on the second one, he was cheating to the short side .It went in off his glove..a no no. Both were quality shots. He was unsure of himself tonight.. it happens .then again maybe it is just too much sex. Enroth plays deeper, lets see what happens.

Gee, the fans booed. Aren't they as much to blame as the team? They're supposed to be having fun! They're supposed to inspire the team to victory!

What is with you and trying to blame the fans for the team's performance. I understand that yes, the fans can boost the energy and morale in the arena, but the fans aren't being paid millions of dollars...at the end of the day the only people responsible for a W or a L are the players and the coaching staff.

What is with you and trying to blame the fans for the team's performance. I understand that yes, the fans can boost the energy and morale on the arena, but the fans aren't being paid millions of dollars...at the end of the day the only people responsible for a W or a L are the players and the coaching staff.

Pretty sure the sarcasm button was on.

One thing I will say: we've traded for Raffi Torres and Dominic Moore, two players that have returned to productivity in the years immediately after playing for the Sabres. I don't know the intricacies of Ruff's system but I for one am tired of seeing draft picks and money thrown into short term deals that end up netting the Sabres nothing. Ruff is the second longest tenured coach in major league sports and has no championship to show for it. At what point is it time for him to start changing?

I tried to make this point the other day. Apparently it's too pedestrian. Someone will pull out stats and anecdotes to counter it - because, you know, it CAN'T make sense.

Haven't seen anyone give any credit to Philly so far. They've been extremely aggressive and opportunistic. I haven't seen much of the Hartnell-Grioux-Jagr line but it is as good as advertised. My guess is the Sabres players took a look at their schedule, saw that they have to travel tonight and play Jersey (a bigger rival than the Sabres) tomorrow at home, and assumed that they'd comeout conservative. Whoops.

Whether Miller should have stopped those shots or not, if Lindy is going to send a message with his tough practice, reshuffling the lines, calling out the rest of the players.......... he can't stop with the goaltender. That's just sending the wrong message. He had the perfect opportunity to send a message if he pulled Miller after the first two goals (personally I don't think he should have started). Any other coach would have pulled him after two no matter how much of a superstar he is.

And I'm not avoiding the fact the entire team completely collapsed the first 5-6 minutes. They looked terrible.

Archived