GDT: Flyers at Sabres 11/2/11 7:30PM

spndnchz

I tried to make this point the other day. Apparently it's too pedestrian. Someone will pull out stats and anecdotes to counter it - because, you know, it CAN'T make sense.

Looking back at what I wrote I think I might have been a bit hyperbolic. However, it doesn't change the fact that most forwards that come to play here have disasterous starts that are consistently blamed on the "system." The question still remains...if the system is so good, why has it not produced one championship since Ruff started in 1996?

I tried to make this point the other day. Apparently it's too pedestrian. Someone will pull out stats and anecdotes to counter it - because, you know, it CAN'T make sense.

You know what I really remember in just about every trade deadline deal more than anything? Darcy/the Sabres making it very clear that the new player is there to help in the playoffs only and won't be here next year. Way to inspire loyalty.

What is with you and trying to blame the fans for the team's performance. I understand that yes, the fans can boost the energy and morale in the arena, but the fans aren't being paid millions of dollars...at the end of the day the only people responsible for a W or a L are the players and the coaching staff.

Because there are people here who think the fans should inspire the team and not the other way around. Some people can't believe the crowd's response to the game is dictated by what the players do on the ice.

It's ridiculous to me that fans are mocked when the Sabres play like this at home.

I think I'll just leave for a while. This place will be a madhouse.

Ruff is gonna light a fire under their aZZ this intermission and I still wouldn't trust the Philly D without Pronger. I'd stick around. There's always 2 or 3 games a season where we start out horrible in the first and come back to win the game. It's fun not posting much while they are down and reading how we should basically get rid of everyone in the organization and then when they come back we can do no wrong. Every fan has mood swings during a game but this board brings out the polar ends....

Because there are people here who think the fans should inspire the team and not the other way around. Some people can't believe the crowd's response to the game is dictated by what the players do on the ice.

It's ridiculous to me that fans are mocked when the Sabres play like this at home.

Come on. The Sabres haven't played this bad at home in years.

:thumbsup:

Ruff is gonna light a fire under their aZZ this intermission and I still wouldn't trust the Philly D without Pronger. I'd stick around. There's always 2 or 3 games a season where we start out horrible in the first and come back to win the game. It's fun not posting much while they are down and reading how we should basically get rid of everyone in the organization and then when they come back we can do no wrong. Every fan has mood swings during a game but this board brings out the polar ends....

Hoo Rah! :thumbsup:

Whether Miller should have stopped those shots or not, if Lindy is going to send a message with his tough practice, reshuffling the lines, calling out the rest of the players.......... he can't stop with the goaltender. That's just sending the wrong message. He had the perfect opportunity to send a message if he pulled Miller after the first two goals (personally I don't think he should have started). Any other coach would have pulled him after two no matter how much of a superstar he is.

And I'm not avoiding the fact the entire team completely collapsed the first 5-6 minutes. They looked terrible.

You already know that Miller is Lindy's golden child. There was no way he wasnt going to start. Horrible decision. Miller is an amazing net minder but as of recently, at home Miller has been awful.

Hope so. But...wasn't the "hardest practice in three years" supposed to assure a fast start tonite? I am very concerned.

They needed to get a fast one on Bryz to get him doubting. Instead, the Flyers take care of business.

You know what I really remember in just about every trade deadline deal more than anything? Darcy/the Sabres making it very clear that the new player is there to help in the playoffs only and won't be here next year. Way to inspire loyalty.

That's a good point. However, I would assume that a player would be ecstatic to be traded to a potential playoff team rather than a doormat. Plus, if they're hitting free agency, the opportunity to play with better players and have a larger window (assuming they make the playoffs) to show your skills might make for a higher pay day.

Archived