With Hecht finally healthy, who will take a seat?

korab rules

Who will be sent to the press box so Hecht can get back in the lineup?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be sent to the press box so Hecht can get back in the lineup?

• Boyes
    • Ennis
    • Leino
    • Roy
    • Adam
    • McCormick
    • Kaleta
    • No one - because no one is playing badly enough to deserve a little time in the press box.

HockeyBreak Hockey Break

Buffalo Sabres interested in Tuomo Ruutu.

Rumor is were looking at a big body....I have no idea who we would have to give up tho...as the reason hes on the block is cap issues.

Anyone remember the last Carolina/Buffalo trade? I don't think there has ever been one.

HockeyBreak Hockey Break

Buffalo Sabres interested in Tuomo Ruutu.

Rumor is were looking at a big body....I have no idea who we would have to give up tho...as the reason hes on the block is cap issues.

Ruutu was mentioned, along with Ray Bourque on Tuesday's "Insider Trading" on TSN. Someone just attached Buffalo to it.

Weren't they involved in the deal that send Kotalik to Edmonton for the 2nd round pick?

I forget. I think somehow we got their second rounder somehow, but not a direct trade.

It was a four team deal

We gave Toronto Moore for a 2nd rd pick

Sabres gave Kotes to Oilers for a 2nd

Oilers traded a bunch of players including Cole to Carolina for O'Sullivan and the 2nd.

Maybe Kassie (hehe) develops ahead of the curve like Adam. Here's hoping!

Sorry didn't make it clear, i mean I think he'll earn a shot soon, as in probably a few games by season end and maybe at least half the season next year. It's a prediction/guess.

As the magic 8-ball says, "signs point to no." I don't think Kassian has the maturity necessary for a quick jump.

Ruutu was mentioned, along with Ray Bourque on Tuesday's "Insider Trading" on TSN. Someone just attached Buffalo to it.

Now Bourque I find interesting, especially considering we have an extra 2nd round pick from a team that may be just about to start saying "SELL!" because they need a complete rebuild. No theories or ideas from me, i know better now but Bourque or Ruutu as a sabre would be interesting and IMHO better than Boyes.

I don't know the answer to this one, but when was the last time a trade was made 5-10 games into the season? It just seems like these rumors came out of nowhere and I think most of these type of trades happen at the deadline.

Could this just be some ecklund joker making up a rumor to get hits?

I don't know the answer to this one, but when was the last time a trade was made 5-10 games into the season? It just seems like these rumors came out of nowhere and I think most of these type of trades happen at the deadline.

Could this just be some ecklund joker making up a rumor to get hits?

Two trades happened yesterday, so yesterday.

For who? :lol:

One more blow to the head and Booth's career is over.He hasn't been the same since Richard's hit. Not to mention the two concussions he's had since.

Even so, Booth is the only player in that trade that has the potential to be meaningful on an NHL roster. The rest of them are 3rd-4th liners at best.

Sabres saying Hecht actually isn't ready to return yet.

Can I get a "whatever"?

Woah. Link for this? If he is seriously still recovering from the concussion at this point his career could be in jeopardy. He suffered a concussion at the end of last season that kept him out for the playoffs, was off all summer, and then suffered a new concussion and/or experienced a recurrence of symptoms tying his skates in training camp. He is entering Connolly territory at this point.

Woah. Link for this? If he is seriously still recovering from the concussion at this point his career could be in jeopardy. He suffered a concussion at the end of last season that kept him out for the playoffs, was off all summer, and then suffered a new concussion and/or experienced a recurrence of symptoms tying his skates in training camp. He is entering Connolly territory at this point.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/

He'll be fine. More than anything, it seems like they're finally far more cautious about the head injuries than they were in the past. To put him in the same category as a guy who essentially missed two entire seasons due to concussion issues is a major stretch.

He'll be fine. More than anything, it seems like they're finally far more cautious about the head injuries than they were in the past. To put him in the same category as a guy who essentially missed two entire seasons due to concussion issues is a major stretch.

6 months and counting at this point. Any word on whether he is a full out participant in practice? He was supposed to be going through some ramped up physical play in practice to test his readiness. Is that still happening or have they backed off? If he didn't respond well to the physical play we are back to no timetable for his return.

With Ennis out and Hecht not ready is Ellis in or do we have our first call up of the season?

With the farm team now only an hour away and the Sabres on an extended home stand, I'd expect Ellis to go in the lineup, and no call ups at this time.

Funny. I was thinking that the reasons you cite for Ellis going in would make it really easy to bring someone up. My suspicion is that they won't, though, only because it's so early in the season. The kids are just getting settled in down there.

Archived