GDT: Carolina at Buffalo (10/14/2011)

Corp000085

Grags needs to do some passing drills before entering the zone especially on power plays. Also looks like the Sabres lost a little discipline after the long layoffs. Little things like being physical. I still think you pick on Grags or Sekera to sit and Sekera did a better job when he did play of getting the puck into the zone.

Well just like last season all ready

Get outta here with that. This team played a much different game than last season. They lost tonight because of some bad bounces and some overly aggressive play, which everyone complained last year there wasn't enough of. They put over 40 shots on Ward tonight. That's a good effort.

I look forward to seeing how they perform tommorow night against Pittsburgh. I'm not shocked by tonight's result. We had to lose sometime ... game 3 sounds like as good as any a time to do it. I'm more interested in how they respond to the loss. let's hope they come out for blood because Penguins will be tough to take down.

Get outta here with that. This team played a much different game than last season. They lost tonight because of some bad bounces and some overly aggressive play, which everyone complained last year there wasn't enough of. They put over 40 shots on Ward tonight. That's a good effort.

Yep. Some bad PP tactics/execution (not sure which yet), to be sure, but a VERY different game than last season. They weren't going to go 82-0, as SDS implied in the chatroom, and well, now we're sure they aren't.

I agree that his comment was silly ... but I think you are incorrect about his comparison to last year. The 12 short handed goals against last year was actually identical to what we saw tonight. Defenseman pinched, leaving nobody (or not the right people) at the point. Teams actually plan this before playing against the Sabres... they know we love to pinch hard on the PP.

Yep. Some bad PP tactics/execution (not sure which yet), to be sure, but a VERY different game than last season. They weren't going to go 82-0, as SDS implied in the chatroom, and well, now we're sure they aren't.

Glad you're not jumping off the bridge like everyone else in here. I saw a lot of good things in this game. Things I've been wanting to see for a long time. This team wont lose every game this way. They lost because they were playing to win, and taking chances didn't go their way. I can't hate an aggressive effort.

On to the next one.

Archived