F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

Ever see Neon City?

Terrible movie. The great thing about the Mad Max series is it starts off kind of slow, it's almost a comedy, and then things get CRAZY. Road Warrior, minus the feral child and helicopter man, is pretty darn serious. And then it comes full circle in Thunderdome where everyone is in the full throes of mania and it's almost comical again.

It's also tough to beat Mel Gibson as Max. Knowing what we know now about how just effing whacked out Gibson really is, it's no wonder he's great at going from nice, dough eyed, husband and good guy cop, to crazy eyed lunatic.

Terrible movie. The great thing about the Mad Max series is it starts off kind of slow, it's almost a comedy, and then things get CRAZY. Road Warrior, minus the feral child and helicopter man, is pretty darn serious. And then it comes full circle in Thunderdome where everyone is in the full throes of mania and it's almost comical again.

It's also tough to beat Mel Gibson as Max. Knowing what we know now about how just effing whacked out Gibson really is, it's no wonder he's great at going from nice, dough eyed, husband and good guy cop, to crazy eyed lunatic.

hahahah I've never seen it spelled that way... pretty sure it's "doe eyed".... because big innocent sweet deer eyes.

That being said, as crazy as Mel is, he was one fine lookin' gent in his younger days. That man looked good in leather.

Got a call from the vet about a biopsy on a different "dangly thing" on my dog. Not cancerous. Gotta be good news right?

Chest x-ray and surgery to remove the cancerous one in a few weeks. ***crosses fingers***

Great news!

Being able to chew normally is one of those things you can't truly appreciate until you are unable to do it for some length of time. After 6 months with a loose temporary crown and another 8 1/2 months with varying stages of the dental implant, I finally got my new permanent crown / tooth yesterday. I'm not sure I'd say it was worth $3500, but it is glorious being able to eat like a normal person again after so long.

The weather here is F'N Fantastic.

And hopefully later today PA will have gotten a clean bill of health.

North Pole antics. Pretty awesome. Wish I was there.

Awesome.

Meanwhile: it is a gorgeous day in upstate NY, and I'm taking the day off. I went for a run on empty country roads this morning and I'm going for a hike with the family up a local mountain with a fire tower and a picnic at the top this afternoon. Barbecue with some friends tomorrow featuring lots of food and booze.

Fantastic.

Being able to chew normally is one of those things you can't truly appreciate until you are unable to do it for some length of time. After 6 months with a loose temporary crown and another 8 1/2 months with varying stages of the dental implant, I finally got my new permanent crown / tooth yesterday. I'm not sure I'd say it was worth $3500, but it is glorious being able to eat like a normal person again after so long.

Thanks kiddo. But my scope is next Friday. I may have jumped the shark a bit by starting that thread so soon. I'm not sure my colon can remain a source of interest for another week.

I hear you on the choppers. I'm almost five months in braces, and only recently have teeth shifted around to where my bite is normal again. It's great, but now I'm wolfing down food like a 15-year-old longshore-boy.

And, yes, it's a beautiful day in Pennsyltucky!

Thanks kiddo. But my scope is next Friday. I may have jumped the shark a bit by starting that thread so soon. I'm not sure my colon can remain a source of interest for another week.

I hear you on the choppers. I'm almost five months in braces, and only recently have teeth shifted around to where my bite is normal again. It's great, but now I'm wolfing down food like a 15-year-old longshore-boy.

And, yes, it's a beautiful day in Pennsyltucky!

lol ah, okay... well I guess that means next Thursday you'll definitely have some stories for the Complaint Thread! :P

I have an implant on my upper left central incisor. I feel both your pain and sense of relief now that the process is complete.

You are going to love the implant. they are F'n Fantastic.

Awesome.

Meanwhile: it is a gorgeous day in upstate NY, and I'm taking the day off. I went for a run on empty country roads this morning and I'm going for a hike with the family up a local mountain with a fire tower and a picnic at the top this afternoon. Barbecue with some friends tomorrow featuring lots of food and booze.

Fantastic.

Bald Mountain?

I have an implant on my upper left central incisor. I feel both your pain and sense of relief now that the process is complete.

You are going to love the implant. they are F'n Fantastic.

That had to be a lot harder to put up with, having it in such a visible location. I'm glad mine was in a lower 1st molar where it wasn't obvious. And I've had root canals and crowns in the other three 1st molars already, so I'm sure I'll be going through the same process again down the line, but for now it is nice to be done with the dentist for a while.

That had to be a lot harder to put up with, having it in such a visible location. I'm glad mine was in a lower 1st molar where it wasn't obvious. And I've had root canals and crowns in the other three 1st molars already, so I'm sure I'll be going through the same process again down the line, but for now it is nice to be done with the dentist for a while.

Apples and corn on the cob.

I was so f'n excited when It was done, I had apples and corn on the cob at every meal for like a week :D

Apples and corn on the cob.

I was so f'n excited when It was done, I had apples and corn on the cob at every meal for like a week :D

lol nice. I'm totally buying apples tonight at the grocery store. :) My main thing has been temperatures... one of the molars on the "good" side is really sensitive (cold/sugar/acid), so certain foods were tough to do at all. And I mostly avoided things like tortilla chips because the edges would jab my gums where the tooth was missing. Now that I can use the opposite side again, everything is fair game!

This is my last (F'N Fantastic) Friday before I start my new teaching position. Normally I dread the end of summer but this time I'm looking forward to it so much I don't even mind. Teachers on the 2nd, kids on the 3rd.

Co-teaching a combination of 7th & 8th grade science as the Special Education Consult and 9th grade SpEd English as the primary teacher. First time teaching science so I'm super pumped.