Live chat with Amerks and Sabres President Ted Black

Assquatch

Plenty of Sabres talk so I didn't want to just bury this in the "Amerks Questions" thread.

http://blogs.democra...dent-ted-black/

He seems to refute Regier's claim they wont be stashing Morisonn and Kotalik in Rochester:

Jason: WIll Darcy be looking to add additional veteran to the Amerks roster?

TB: Based on our current Sabres payroll, I think he has

Adam: At this point, does it seem like Al Kotalik will be an Amerk or a Sabre?

TB: Will need to see how he performs in camp.

Confirmation of the dehumidification systen:

Matt: Outside of the locker room which has received a lot of attention, what changes can fans expect to see to HSBC Arena this season?

TB: walls and pillars painted from tomato to gold and blue/gold/white, dehumidification system to make our ice best in league we hope, wifi throughout, new chairs/tables in harbor club, updated concession stands --- it is a very long list.

Locker room tours:

Charlie: Has there ever been any talk to having tours of HSBC Arena.

TB: We are looking at the logistics of a locker tour while the team is in Europe. I am guessing the demand will be heavy, so we are trying to figure out an organized format.

TB awesomeness:

Joshua From Virginia: Big Daddy Ted: I get homesick living down here among Caps fans all the time. For the two games that are going to be down here, are you aware of any road-crew planned for here? I need you to sign my 8-month old's forehead while you're here too.

TB: Please call me Mr. President Big Daddy Ted -- I prefer some level of formality. I would love to do a DC road crew. Lastly, I don't sign babies or children -- it is part of my contract. Sorry.

A couple of quick observations:

-The ongoing Sabres University talk in the chat was entertaining. That Chico guy really needs to lighten up.

-Chris Taylor is still playing? He'll be near Chelios age soon if he keeps going.

-You can't really read too much into Darcy's comments on Morrisonn and Kotalik. He tends to be very professional about these things and never wants to say too much. He doesn't want to piss off the player and he doesn't want to tip his hand to anyone who may be looking.

-I'm glad Black seems to have a decent sense of humor. You really need one with those online chats.

The Big Daddy Ted banter was hilarious. It is refreshing to see someone on his level with such a keen sense of humor.

Thought this commentary was odd:

10:59 [Comment From ChicoChico: ]

Ted, I object to the use of the term "Sabres University". Its offensive and demeaning. We are not anyone's university. There is a lot of history and tradition here. I request you refrain from using it. Thank you.

11:00 Ted Black: Objection denied (sorry, I am a recovering lawyer...) Let's not get too hung up on labels. The overall purpose is to develop the best in class model for AHL/NHL. Do you have any other names you would prefer?

11:03 [Comment From ChicoChico: ]

The Rochester Americans suits me just fine

11:03 Ted Black: The Buffalo Sabres Rochester Americans University?

11:11 [Comment From ChicoChico: ]

Not quite. Please leave university out of it.

11:11 Ted Black: Sabres State College?

The Big Daddy Ted banter was hilarious. It is refreshing to see someone on his level with such a keen sense of humor.

Ted, I object to the use of the term "Sabres University". Its offensive and demeaning. We are not anyone's university. There is a lot of history and tradition here. I request you refrain from using it. Thank you.

11:00 Ted Black: Objection denied (sorry, I am a recovering lawyer...) Let's not get too hung up on labels. The overall purpose is to develop the best in class model for AHL/NHL. Do you have any other names you would prefer?

If he wants to be a comic genius, he will leak a fake press release with a new team jersey that says Sabres University.

The Big Daddy Ted banter was hilarious. It is refreshing to see someone on his level with such a keen sense of humor.Thought this commentary was odd:10:59 [Comment From ChicoChico: ] Ted, I object to the use of the term "Sabres University". Its offensive and demeaning. We are not anyone's university. There is a lot of history and tradition here. I request you refrain from using it. Thank you. 11:00 Ted Black: Objection denied (sorry, I am a recovering lawyer...) Let's not get too hung up on labels. The overall purpose is to develop the best in class model for AHL/NHL. Do you have any other names you would prefer? 11:03 [Comment From ChicoChico: ]The Rochester Americans suits me just fine 11:03 Ted Black: The Buffalo Sabres Rochester Americans University? 11:11 [Comment From ChicoChico: ] Not quite. Please leave university out of it. 11:11 Ted Black: Sabres State College?

Ted Black is awesome and Chico is a dumbass, the Amerks arent going to be called sabres university the organization as a whole will be that. Its would be like someone getting pissed if they said they worked in Abbott Hall and someone said no you work at UB, lighten up and move on

There's was a chat today? ######'in missed it.

:oops: and lol sure ya did :thumbsup:

I really wish he'd just say "Chico, you're an idiot".

"Chico, you ignorant slut." Go old school.

I kinda get what Chico is saying, it must be tough to be tied emotionally to a team that realistically *is* a school for prospects before they move on to the big leagues. Kinda like being a Bills fan, I guess.

"Chico, you ignorant slut." Go old school.

I kinda get what Chico is saying, it must be tough to be tied emotionally to a team that realistically *is* a school for prospects before they move on to the big leagues. Kinda like being a Bills fan, I guess.

If he's really angry, he can always go back to the Panthers.

So So Solid

My favorite:

11:06

Ted Black: YES! we are de-slugging as we speak, although the &*$% things are still on the scoreboard...

Him doing this tells me gets it. Him typing that is awesome! Spoken like any of us would say lol

Archived