OT: New creation for NYS Fair

Rico4Hall12

Where do people come up with these ideas for these odd combos at? Are these the guys that dropped out of culinary art school for food design 101? Koolickles? Deep fried jellybeans? and now the coup de gracie the doughnut burger. One just has to shake their head laugh....because it really is humorous. Only at a State fair would anyone find cuisine like this....Yummy!!!!! :lol:

Sadly, that's not an original idea. In fact, it's a new fad. On one episode of Man vs. Food, he had one a ball stadium (if I remember right), but even that wasn't the first time that I had heard about it.

I say that episode and I'm thinking how many cases of Pepto does this guy take on the road with him. One episode he ate a 72 ounce steak divided up into two 36 ounce portions, a huge baked potato and a large dinner salad. He ate it all..barely.

Tim Horton has to be spinning in his grave!!

What, the alcohol hasn't worn off yet?

Yeah, I feel bad for making that comment too. Anyway, I'd ask who actually eats this stuff, but I just went for a quick walk and saw a lot of those people randomly on the street.

In North America we celebrate culinary delights such as deep fried twinkies while in Japan they admire carrots carved into roses. Its not too hard to figure out why we have an epidemic of obesity. :blink:

Exactly, because in this country no one of any sort would ever eat a carrot carved to look like a rose. What a waste of a carrot. :lol:

My link

Are you ready for this..A DONUT BURGER!!! Consists of a 1/4 lb burger in between a sliced glazed donut. I am tweeting Gordon Ramsey immediatly!!!

Dip it in batter and throw it in a deep fryer and you'll be ready for the Texas State Fair. The winner for best food last year was fried beer if I recall correctly.

Does anyone remember the ice cream place that used to serve a new disgusting flavor like chili ice cream every year? Never tried it and never would but loved the concept. Haven't lived in the Buffalo area for years so can't remember the name. Any help?

Is this any worse then what people eat on a daily basis at mcdonalds or kfc?

It's listed at 1500 calories. The highest content I can find for any sandwich at McDonalds is a double quarter pounder with cheese, which comes in at 730. There are a couple individual things on the KFC menu that come in at 770 calories. So yes, this sandwich is far worse than what people are eating at McDonalds or KFC. Now you might be thinking "yeah, but you'll get fries and a drink too", but wouldn't someone at these fairs probably do the same with this monstrosity?

Where do people come up with these ideas for these odd combos at? Are these the guys that dropped out of culinary art school for food design 101? Koolickles? Deep fried jellybeans? and now the coup de gracie the doughnut burger. One just has to shake their head laugh....because it really is humorous. Only at a State fair would anyone find cuisine like this....Yummy!!!!! :lol:

Your mention of food at the State Fair brought this to mind:

Back when Johnny Carson hosted the Tonight Show, he had a comedian do a stand-up routine. I can't remember the guy's name, but what he said was so apropos. "You know what's neat about food at the County Fair? You see it twice!"

EDIT: If people are complaining or just talking about the off-beat food combinations that we see at State and County Fairs, then why aren't they serving Haggis or Poi?

Archived