OT: New creation for NYS Fair

Rico4Hall12

Does anyone remember the ice cream place that used to serve a new disgusting flavor like chili ice cream every year? Never tried it and never would but loved the concept. Haven't lived in the Buffalo area for years so can't remember the name. Any help?

There's a place in Manhattan that does that. They have a bunch of ice cream staples and some that you only see once. I had Taro Root last time I was there. Not bad, but didn't wow me.

It's listed at 1500 calories. The highest content I can find for any sandwich at McDonalds is a double quarter pounder with cheese, which comes in at 730. There are a couple individual things on the KFC menu that come in at 770 calories. So yes, this sandwich is far worse than what people are eating at McDonalds or KFC. Now you might be thinking "yeah, but you'll get fries and a drink too", but wouldn't someone at these fairs probably do the same with this monstrosity?

There's stuff on the menu at the chain restaurants (like nachos) that are over 2000 calories. Sure, they're meant to be shared, but it isn't a stretch to see someone order one for a meal.

IDK what people find appealing about this staple of food. To even recall how BAD this stuff smells all by itself is enough for me to gain 20 pounds on the spot.

It's the laziness factor. They want their burger and they want their donuts. What they don't want is to walk from one location to another to buy each separately. That's about all I can think of to "justify" this abomination.

There's stuff on the menu at the chain restaurants (like nachos) that are over 2000 calories. Sure, they're meant to be shared, but it isn't a stretch to see someone order one for a meal.

And the people that would polish off a single one of those would probably go for 2 or 3 of these burgers. Picture that for a second.

Does anyone remember the ice cream place that used to serve a new disgusting flavor like chili ice cream every year? Never tried it and never would but loved the concept. Haven't lived in the Buffalo area for years so can't remember the name. Any help?

Aldrich's Dairy on Rt. 60 just south of Fredonia. Used to go there all the time while in college, but sadly this place has been closed for a couple years now.

Aldrich's Dairy on Rt. 60 just south of Fredonia. Used to go there all the time while in college, but sadly this place has been closed for a couple years now.

That really is some sad news. I had many a hungover breakfast there during college.

That really is some sad news. I had many a hungover breakfast there during college.

Yuppers. Not sure how old you are, but when I went to Fredonia they served all-you-can-drink chocolate milk for some ridiculously low price (they were an actual dairy farm so it was super-fresh and tasty, for those who don't know). On the rare occasions when I actually did homework, we used to bring our books there and hang out for hours slamming ice-cold chocolate milks and studying*.

One of the few memories I have from college that doesn't involve alchohol. :lol:

*this involved no actual studying of course.

I say that episode and I'm thinking how many cases of Pepto does this guy take on the road with him. One episode he ate a 72 ounce steak divided up into two 36 ounce portions, a huge baked potato and a large dinner salad. He ate it all..barely.

Was this the one where he ate at The Big Texan in Amarillo, Texas?

Both the triple stacker and caramel frosty at Wendys are over 1000 calories.

Even getting just a single stacker and fries puts you over 1000.

The Stacker is BK. I like the fact that the Quad Stacker isn't even on the menu. But if you ask for it, you'll get it. :thumbsup:

I hate most fast food, and I eat pretty healthy. But sometimes some greasy, bacon, cheese goodness is just the thing you need.

The Stacker is BK. I like the fact that the Quad Stacker isn't even on the menu. But if you ask for it, you'll get it. :thumbsup:

Wendys has a triple something or other that is related with bacon.

Not too sure, I never eat fast food, other than Arbys a couple times a year. And Mighty Taco whenever I venture out to B-Lo.

Wendys has a triple something or other that is related with bacon.

Not too sure, I never eat fast food, other than Arbys a couple times a year. And Mighty Taco whenever I venture out to B-Lo.

Triple Baconator. Also disgusting. Also delicious. :bag:

Triple Baconator. Also disgusting. Also delicious. :bag:

Might be more related to the pork butts thread, but: http://www.bbqaddicts.com/blog/recipes/bacon-explosion/

I've made the Bacon Explosion a couple times. Gives you the meat sweats like none other. But SO GOOD.

Edit: I recommend serving as a sandwich on southern style biscuits, if anyone dares try.

one time I had a triple baconater at about 12pm. I didn't eat anything else the rest of the day. True Story

I'm not surprised. I think I've done that with a burger from some other joint (maybe at a truck stop). Lost my appetite for anything else.

Something tells me that there are a few others on here who have experienced the same thing...

I say that episode and I'm thinking how many cases of Pepto does this guy take on the road with him. One episode he ate a 72 ounce steak divided up into two 36 ounce portions, a huge baked potato and a large dinner salad. He ate it all..barely.

Hell, I've done that at the Chophouse before, but add bread and an appetizer in there too. But swap out the baked potato for 2 pounds of mashed.

Your mention of food at the State Fair brought this to mind:

Back when Johnny Carson hosted the Tonight Show, he had a comedian do a stand-up routine. I can't remember the guy's name, but what he said was so apropos. "You know what's neat about food at the County Fair? You see it twice!"

EDIT: If people are complaining or just talking about the off-beat food combinations that we see at State and County Fairs, then why aren't they serving Haggis or Poi?

Great question... :thumbsup: Didn't crispy creme donuts try something like this? :unsure:

Archived