Zack Kassian

BuffaloSoldier2010

Looked up videos on this kid recently, and there's an awful lot of hits on the kids top highlights. After looking at his stats this year he seems pretty skilled offensively too. As of right now he's playing right wing. Can anyone see him being moved to center? We could definitely use that kind of size up the middle.

Is it just me or has there been more "we should move player X to a new position" stuff going on this year?

Yea and no Kassian should not be moved to center a position i've never heard of him playing or being suitable for. If he does run stuff over hed be better crashing in from the wing like pommers did today.

There must be some awesome players just waiting for a call.

PTR

Exactly. It's not like everyone was trying to move an all-star center at the deadline. All of the Brad Richards talk was crap--especially the talk (there was plenty of it) before his injury. (I think the Asterisks were either leading their division or close to it--and even then folks thought that they would move Richards?!) The Boyes deal was great; let's see what the team can do at C this summer.

Exactly. It's not like everyone was trying to move an all-star center at the deadline. All of the Brad Richards talk was crap--especially the talk (there was plenty of it) before his injury. (I think the Asterisks were either leading their division or close to it--and even then folks thought that they would move Richards?!) The Boyes deal was great; let's see what the team can do at C this summer.

Word

Why don't the Sabres move Sekera to Center? I mean, he plays mostly like a forward anyway and that goal yesterday kind of showed it. Why not move him to center to fill the void, all he'd really have to do is learn how to take faceoffs since he should be responsible in the defensive zone since he's been a defenseman his whole life. /sarcasm. :rolleyes: :wallbash:

Isn't the bigger question here, why are the Sabres still looking for a #1 center after all this time? Plenty of quality centers have moved over the past few years. Maybe, just maybe, if Regier wasn't in so much love with Tim Connolly this would have been addressed by now.

Isn't the bigger question here, why are the Sabres still looking for a #1 center after all this time? Plenty of quality centers have moved over the past few years. Maybe, just maybe, if Regier wasn't in so much love with Tim Connolly this would have been addressed by now.

Quinn. We all know better now.

Quinn. We all know better now.

Darcy's had a sick man-crush on Timmy way before Quinn arrived, so I think people are a little quick to blame the Connolly lovefest solely on ol' Larry the Moron.

Until Regier comes out and flat out says "I can't stand Tim Connolly, and it makes me sick to my stomach that I had to give him a 50% raise", he's as much part of the trainwreck as Quinn is.

Darcy's had a sick man-crush on Timmy way before Quinn arrived, so I think people are a little quick to blame the Connolly lovefest solely on ol' Larry the Moron.

Until Regier comes out and flat out says "I can't stand Tim Connolly, and it makes me sick to my stomach that I had to give him a 50% raise", he's as much part of the trainwreck as Quinn is.

Allow me to clarify: I think Regier loved Connolly and maybe still does (and I don't understand it either--maybe Connolly has pictures?) but I also think the reason why the Sabres never went shopping for a great center in the post-Briere/Intangible era is Quinn.

Is it just me or has there been more "we should move player X to a new position" stuff going on this year?

These kids today. What can you do?

Allow me to clarify: I think Regier loved Connolly and maybe still does (and I don't understand it either--maybe Connolly has pictures?) but I also think the reason why the Sabres never went shopping for a great center in the post-Briere/Intangible era is Quinn.

In this vein, it's quite possible that DR was told by TG/LQ not to sign anyone who was going to cost more than a certain amount per year and/or not more than a certain contract length -- which would have made it impossible to "go out and get a #1 center" because you can't get a #1 center without shelling out real money.

Boy, this board is fairly obsessed with a kid projected to be a 2nd or 3rd line winger.

I know i know he's big and hits so that satisfies a Sabres fans criterion for a player.

But cmon people he's a big guy who can put a goal in here and there. In the OHL, he currently has 26 goals, a career high. Its not the sign of a goal scorer in a league that has several players in the 40's and 50s.

This kid will be a fine addition but he is not the savior it seems some are painting him to be.

Boy, this board is fairly obsessed with a kid projected to be a 2nd or 3rd line winger.

I know i know he's big and hits so that satisfies a Sabres fans criterion for a player.

But cmon people he's a big guy who can put a goal in here and there. In the OHL, he currently has 26 goals, a career high. Its not the sign of a goal scorer in a league that has several players in the 40's and 50s.

This kid will be a fine addition but he is not the savior it seems some are painting him to be.

He'll be a good shutdown wing who can score 25 a season. It's a good addition. But a savior? Probably not; you're right.

Maybe if Enroth works out, we can move Miller to Center.

He'll be a good shutdown wing who can score 25 a season. It's a good addition. But a savior? Probably not; you're right.

He's getting 25 in the OHL playing against 17 yr olds. He's 19.

He might get that many in the NHL but i doubt it. If youre a scorer you generally put up big number in the OHL. More than the 26 kassian has.

I see him as a much more refined and talented McCormick.

Archived