Robyn Regehr, Kotalik and 2nd round pick (2012) to Sabres

SpikeGelato

That's impossible. That would mean certain people here were wr....wr.....wro......wr...on....g?!?!?!

PTR

Oh I'm just waiting for the "wait till this trade turns out to be a bust because Marcy sucks" haters. They should be here any minute.

So the Sabres currently have 2 2nd rounders in 2012? You know that won't stay that way. Do they move one of them and whatever to move into this years 2nd round? Do they use at least one of them in their effort to get that center?

So the Sabres currently have 2 2nd rounders in 2012? You know that won't stay that way. Do they move one of them and whatever to move into this years 2nd round? Do they use at least one of them in their effort to get that center?

I wouldn't be shocked to see that at all. I think Darcy has more bullets in the gun. I wonder what's in the 2nd rnd we might want?

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: post-1415-014317700 1309015111_thumb.jpg

Hey you're Darcy Regeir. How's it feel to be relevant again?

Welcome back Darcy. Great robbery!

Amazing job of improving this team without taking one piece off it to do it. And Pegula, thank you!!!!

Amazing how Darcy goes from bum to hero in a matter of hours. He's been denigrated for months now by the media and a lot of people on here. Now he's wonderful again. Go figure.

Anyway, I want to repeat what another blogger wrote here yesterday because I think it was an excellent insight. Regehr changed his tune right after SJ traded for Burns. It seems very obvious that SJ was his preferred destination and they were looking for a good Dman. When it wasn't him, he decided to come here.

It was a good insight that smacks of truth to me.

That's what I'm thinking as well. If they want to move into this year's second round, one of next year's 2nd rounders could easily be a part of that.

Although I wouldn't mind having two second round picks next year.

Amazing how Darcy goes from bum to hero in a matter of hours. He's been denigrated for months now by the media and a lot of people on here. Now he's wonderful again. Go figure.

Anyway, I want to repeat what another blogger wrote here yesterday because I think it was an excellent insight. Regehr changed his tune right after SJ traded for Burns. It seems very obvious that SJ was his preferred destination and they were looking for a good Dman. When it wasn't him, he decided to come here.

It was a good insight that smacks of truth to me.

There's a logical explanation for the first point, if the pattern continues.

And yeah, that was good insight re Burns.

In other words, he's being judged based on performance.

This is the best trade he's made since 2003 (Drury). Most of his trades over the past 8 years have been pretty lousy.

This trade, though, is outstanding. I would have been happy just trading Butler and Byron for a 2nd round pick as neither seems to have much of a future in Buffalo. Getting Regehr is awesome (adds a good player and leadership) and I'll take Kotalik and just hope for the best.

In other words, he's being judged based on performance.

This is the best trade he's made since 2003 (Drury). Most of his trades over the past 8 years have been pretty lousy.

This trade, though, is outstanding. I would have been happy just trading Butler and Byron for a 2nd round pick as neither seems to have much of a future in Buffalo. Getting Regehr is awesome (adds a good player and leadership) and I'll take Kotalik and just hope for the best.

I wonder what was different from '03-'11. Oh, wait, no I don't.

The best addition Pegula made was the subtraction of Larry Quinn.

Archived