Robyn Regehr, Kotalik and 2nd round pick (2012) to Sabres

SpikeGelato

I'm waiting for Sully's column tomorrow. :lol:

He already emailed me his first draft. Here's a sample:

The Sabres finally made a trade that some consider "good" but so what? Let me know when they actually win a playoff series before you talk to me about winning the Stanley Cup. The Sabres have never won the Stanley Cup and the Bills have never won the Super Bowl and nothing good ever happens in Buffalo and no one is as smart as me and I wish I lived in Boston. Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball BASKETBALLBASKETBALLBASKETBALL

Darcy interview with GR.

Darcy says he's still looking for D-men.

DR expects Kotes to compete for a position.

DR spoke to Butler this morning. Calgary wanted him in the trade.

Terry, Lindy and TPegs wife flying to Calgary to see Regehr's family in an hour.

Then I would assume that Monty is gone and Morrisonn is Ra-cha-cha or buyout bound.

If they could bring in another 2/3 D-man they'd have one of the top D corps in the league. I would be ecstatic if the Sabres could have a 5/6 pairing of a combo of Weber, Sekera, & MAGs.

Haha, the Calgary fans want Jay Feaster's head.

At least give us a cigarette too.

And they're extra pissed that Minnesota was able to get effectively three first rounders in exchange for their top shutdown Dman Burns when Calgary got a 4th round pick, a 6th round pick and a negative-2nd round pick for theirs.

[/b]

Are you serious? Remember this franchise one year ago today? What influence one man can have on entire franchise! Obviously work is still needed but TPegs has delivered on everything he has publically stated thus far.

Not quite. He stated he'd bring a Stanley Cup here w/in the next 3 years and when the euphoria of this move is past I fully expect to see posts decrying him for not accomplishing this yet. (Even though the team was a monstrous longshot to do it this year especially considering he owned the team for roughly a full week before the roster was locked.)

i still think there is a mistake here and the 2nd is going to Calgary...I mean that has to be the case no?

Only if Darcy, Jay, and the NHL office ALL have it backwards.

Of course the Calgary sports station has it going the other way, so there's still a chance. :rolleyes:

Then I would assume that Monty is gone and Morrisonn is Ra-cha-cha or buyout bound.

If they could bring in another 2/3 D-man they'd have one of the top D corps in the league. I would be ecstatic if the Sabres could have a 5/6 pairing of a combo of Weber, Sekera, & MAGs.

Would you consider going after one of the top free agent D-men?

Terry, Lindy and TPegs wife flying to Calgary to see Regehr's family in an hour.

what, to help them pack? guy makes $4mil a year and can't afford a moving service...sheesh.

just what this team needs, another prima donna. :rolleyes:

Would you consider going after one of the top free agent D-men?

Consider it, yes.

Pull the trigger on it? I'd have to look at where C's shape up this year and next in FA. As long as it doesn't doom the Sabres to 2-3 more years of the club's weakness being up the middle, I am all for it.

As Regier has stated (a long time ago) in the past that you take care of G, D, C, W in that order, I would not be surprised to see them bring in another higher priced D-man.

Love this deal.

At what point does a man crush on a certain hockey team owner grow to the point that it's restraining-order worthy? Pegula is the :censored: man!

He's going to trade for St. Louis so that he has someone to walk between his legs and carry his giant balls.

Consider it, yes.

Pull the trigger on it? I'd have to look at where C's shape up this year and next in FA. As long as it doesn't doom the Sabres to 2-3 more years of the club's weakness being up the middle, I am all for it.

As Regier has stated (a long time ago) in the past that you take care of G, D, C, W in that order, I would not be surprised to see them bring in another higher priced D-man.

They have $10 million coming off the books next year with Boyes, Hecht and Gaustad. A patch work center group along with a player like Bieksa might be the best way to go.

I don't care about the workings of the trade itself, the fact that Darcy identified a synergistic opportunity and went after it is the news here.

There isn't a current defenseman in the league at the price and availability of Regehr that I would have rather had on this team. 30% of the team's problems have just been cured. If Lindy can be convinced to play Miller 60-64 games, you just may have a team that can win tons of games in the 3-2 2-1 mold. You still need a captain type up front...but this is a great start. I really hope they resign Montador. Regehr is not a savior, but just like puppies that learn through socialization with other dogs....Weber and Myers are going to get better, faster. I can honestly say that I would both respect and expect to be excited about a defense of Regehr/Myers, Weber/Leopold, Montador/Gragnani. I want Sekera off this team in a bad way....but if he is here, at least now there will be more pressure on him to man up and not be a flamer.

Thank Pegula for the 2nd rounder. It's great that since they can't trade cash....you get a pick just to eat a bad salary.

Butler may turn out to be ok, but he was not getting it done under Lindy. Calgary still has a nice blueline and Butler may end up doing well there. As far as a member of the Sabres...he was cannon fodder to me at this point.

Byron is a nice little forward who plays bigger than his frame. I see a slightly smaller, harder working MacArthur in him. I think he could be a fiesty 15 goal scorer in the NHL. Not many people talked about him here, but his effort impressed me.

Great job Darcy. Now if you can bring in a captain up front, no matter what the cost in prospects....I will forgive in full.

And to clarify why I am so positive...

Darcy finally gives in to Drane

what, to help them pack? guy makes $4mil a year and can't afford a moving service...sheesh.

just what this team needs, another prima donna. :rolleyes:

Think he'll stop off at Kotalik's house while he's up there? LOL

I think every single person on this board forgot how good Butler was when he first came up. He has significant value.

He definitely has value, especially at the point. Frankly, I think the team will miss him, but has improved. Gotta give up something to get something, right?

I KNEW somebody mentioned regher a while back... wasn't sure who it was.

Excellent call :thumbsup:

Someone else mentioned him too later on, but this trade was sitting there with a giant bullseye on it, flashing in neon lights for Darcy to call.

It would be interesting to know if Iginla was brought up at all. We still paid our top 7 forwards $32 million last year, and not a one of them are of any physical concern to the other team.

I trust Lindy coaching a team built from Goalie out, with physically responsible guys on D, more than I do the other way around. Now if Lindy can have confidence that his D won't back down, and be defensively responsible as tandems....maybe he will stop worrying about defense first from his forwards, and allow them to pressure and punish...if you get the right guys in here up front.

This was a great first sign, and Pegula is like a kid in a candy store without his Ritalin......but there is still plenty of status quo that needs to be revamped. At least this is a signal to me that maybe they understand that. It will be fun to have expectations again...if they can keep figuring it out.

Archived