Mike Richards Not Suspended

thesportsbuff

The sabres will not get a chance to do a damn thing to scumbag number 1. If either team is blowing out the other Richards will be on the bench. No way a coach allows there Captain and one of there best forwards to risk being injured in a pointless period or 2.

I think this only happens if the Flyers have a big lead in the third period. Laviolette will want Richards in the second round, so he wouldn't be stupid enough to leave him on the ice when he knows the Sabres have a chance at him.

No matter who wins the game tomorrow (God please let it be the Sabres) I can't wait to see the handshakes afterward. That's when you take a cheap shot at the POS.

Doubt this will happen. In 1996 when the Red Wings lost to Colorado and their entire team thought Claude Lemieux was taking cheap shots the entire series, the Wings still complied during the handshake. That is not a time to sucker-punch anyone.

Or just skate right by him and don't give him any respect.

Now THIS I can handle. I'd prefer this happen if the Sabres win...that way, they won't be labeled as sore losers.

Doubt this will happen. In 1996 when the Red Wings lost to Colorado and their entire team thought Claude Lemieux was taking cheap shots the entire series, the Wings still complied during the handshake. That is not a time to sucker-punch anyone.

Now THIS I can handle. I'd prefer this happen if the Sabres win...that way, they won't be labeled as sore losers.

Since Miller has been the most outspoken on Richards, if Miller wants to prove he stands behind what he says, win or lose, he should refuse to shake Richard's hand after the game tonight.

I think this only happens if the Flyers have a big lead in the third period. Laviolette will want Richards in the second round, so he wouldn't be stupid enough to leave him on the ice when he knows the Sabres have a chance at him.

Sorry, the trade deadline is long past. We wouldn't take him now, anyhow, it'd mess w/ the mojo. :thumbsup:

Oh, you probably meant that he wanted the entire team in the 2nd round. Don't see that happening either. ;)

Since Miller has been the most outspoken on Richards, if Miller wants to prove he stands behind what he says, win or lose, he should refuse to shake Richard's hand after the game tonight.

The whole team should shun him win or lose, but hopefully he is not even able to be out there for the handshake and is instead in the locker room nursing an injury similar to TC's. The guy should not be playing tonight and the whole Sabres organization knows that. Shunning him would be a great way to give a huge FU to Colin Campbell as well.

The whole team should shun him win or lose, but hopefully he is not even able to be out there for the handshake and is instead in the locker room nursing an injury similar to TC's. The guy should not be playing tonight and the whole Sabres organization knows that. Shunning him would be a great way to give a huge FU to Colin Campbell as well.

This.

But then knowing Buffalo's luck, Lindy Ruff would get fined $10K for telling his players to "go out there and shun him".

I feel as if Terry Pegula would not be a fan of that type of sportmanship. Beat him and laugh that he will be golfing soon or suck it up and shake his hand because your team wasnt better. (Personally I like the idea of shunning him)

This Crap has been the mantra of the NHL for its existence. It holds up the Rules when it benefits the league and thats it..It should change its name to

WWHL

World Wrestling Hockey League

:lol:

I guess it is hard to have both. Nothing really beats the adreneline, the physicality, and the disregard for the human body that is the Stanley Cup playoffs.

The downside of that is .......well .....Connolly's noggin.

incident after incident, year after year, decade after decade, you can set your watch by the incredible consistency of their inconsistency

how in the world can you look at that replay and say it isnt just as bad as other incidents that draw a suspension is completely beyond belief

i remember feeling this way so many times thats its hard to be shocked anymore. and yet i am

I'm glad Richards will be on the ice for Game Seven. If the Sabres want him punished for the hit on Connolly they should do it themselves by making him watch their celebration after a Game Seven victory.

You're right - he wouldn't be watching if he had been suspended.

Two very significant differences:

First, those hits were to Boston players. Campbell's sucky kid plays for the Bruins. We can't have players on that team getting hurt.

Second, those hits both occurred in the recently defined "hitting zone" where anything goes. What does that have to do with Richards not being suspended? It adds further emphasis to the ridiculous, arbitrary and capricious nature of these supplemental discipline decisions. Colin Campbell should be hung by the nuts from the nearest lamp post.

This was actually a very smart move which is a surprise coming from a team of goonish knuckle draggers.

Think about it, if a Sabres player even looks at Richards the wrong way the Refs will be in there breaking it up and probably awarding them a powerplay because a Sabres players was trying to "retaliate" for what happened in Game 6

It would be a shame to see something happen to "Danny Boy' though, or if Pronger were to get hit in that sore hand of his :unsure:

But knowing our luck, they will run Miller and knock him out with a "Hockey Play" or do something to Vanek.

This was actually a very smart move which is a surprise coming from a team of goonish knuckle draggers.

Think about it, if a Sabres player even looks at Richards the wrong way the Refs will be in there breaking it up and probably awarding them a powerplay because a Sabres players was trying to "retaliate" for what happened in Game 6

It would be a shame to see something happen to "Danny Boy' though, or if Pronger were to get hit in that sore hand of his :unsure:

But knowing our luck, they will run Miller and knock him out with a "Hockey Play" or do something to Vanek.

In a legitimate hockey world, the refs would watch the Flyers for anything close to what Richards did to Connolly and call an appropriate penalty. They'd also watch the Sabres for anything in a retaliatory effort and call something. We're obviously not in a legitimate hockey world anymore, however.

I do like how baseball players can police themselves by throwing up & in to (or even hitting) the other team's star hitter. After that, the umps give a warning and everything is "even". Stuff like that can't happen in hockey without someone getting injured or suspended.

The only worrying as it related to Vanek is how much the Flyers ought to worry about pissing the big man off....

You hack Vanek, you pay a hefty price.

For some reason it reminds of of SKILL AND APTITUDE.

No name history. But yes.

I don't know. Maybe we're all being a little harsh on Richards.

Are you serious? No. Did you see the video clips chz posted? Identical hits by fliers that got two games each.

No name history. But yes.

Are you serious? No. Did you see the video clips chz posted? Identical hits by fliers that got two games each.

I keed, I keed! Richards' play on Connolly was far more egregious than either of the plays in the videos chz posted. The NHL is a joke when it comes to disciplinary action and Campbell shouldn't even be in the position he's in given the HUGE conflict of interest that is his son playing in Boston.

That said, the last thing I want to see is a stupid penalty against us because somebody wants to avenge TC. Play the bastard hard, score when he's on the ice, win the game, and we will have the best revenge their is.

GO SABRES!!!

I'm fine with that. I'd love for him to come back and say "I'm not shaking that :censored: ing guy's hand" to the media afterwards.

Amen.

Vanek's mom is drunk again. Somebody lock the liquor cabinet.

:lol:

Archived