Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

Forget Carolina...

6 points behind Montreal, with a game in-hand. It's most-definitely possible (Rangers only 3 ahead, with that game-in-hand on them too, Boston may be a reach).

Look UP, not down...

GO SABRES!!

You're right. Someday I will get the help I need to overcome my deep emotional issues with the Hurrilames.

For now, pedal to the metal this weekend.

GO SABRES!!

This win tells us a lot about the Sabres they seam mentally tough. What a response.

I'm trying not to over react like posters do after a loss. But it's amazing all the ppl saying how they 'lack mental toughness', especially after a loss. Oh well, I suppose it's the over reactions that make this board fun to read everyday. Great win and let's keep it going this weekend. Unfortunatly we didn't gain any ground but looking at the nights matchups, it's a small miracle we didn't lose any ground!

Big win, a loss would of hurt badly. LINDY says that he doesn't play the game scared, they sure looked like they were playing to preserve a one goal game in the 3rd and went into a shell. I can't say enough about the play of GERBE lately, he's played great. Both the little guys have turned into offensive threats and give their all out there.

This team is for real. Even in the agony of defeat, they got a point on Sunday. I was and am still sick over that loss to Nashville but tonight sure takes the sting out of things.

A nice response to the the melt-down in the last game. They have to keep it up, though; I'm not convinced this was a "mentally tough" team, more than a team on a mission. The latter not being a bad thing, BTW, especially if they make it into the playoffs.

I will gladly concede that this end of the season has changed me on Gerbe, too. He's a Tasmanian devil out there, and it pleases me to no end to watch him play.

Miller was a lot more sharp tonight than he's looked in the past several starts - though he still looks stiff. I can't explain it any better than to say he doesn't look as smooth or fluid as he did last season. Glad to see him smile after the game, too.

I'm trying not to over react like posters do after a loss. But it's amazing all the ppl saying how they 'lack mental toughness', especially after a loss. Oh well, I suppose it's the over reactions that make this board fun to read everyday. Great win and let's keep it going this weekend. Unfortunatly we didn't gain any ground but looking at the nights matchups, it's a small miracle we didn't lose any ground!

I'm one of those that question their mental toughness late in tight games. Especially the D. Falling and tripping at the worst times, poor clearing attempts. Just a general lack of awareness of the game situation. I think of all those two-goal leads they give up late in games, like on Sunday. If it was the first time they've done that I wouldn't worry. But it's a definite pattern. I think some of it is a result of going into a defensive shell too early (that's on Lindy) but far too often if one little thing goes wrong the wheels fall off and they fold.

That said, I was happy as hell they found a way to get it done tonight. Great effort all around. I'm hoping they can build on it and play with more confidence late in games as result.

GO SABRES!!!

I will gladly concede that this end of the season has changed me on Gerbe, too. He's a Tasmanian devil out there, and it pleases me to no end to watch him play.

My dad was always PO'd that they didn't bring Gerbe up to stay much sooner than they did. Gerbe was always one of the top point producers in the minors but never seemed to get a legitimate shot in the NHL. Who knows, if some of our so-called "stars" hadn't messed the bed earlier in the year, maybe Gerbe still has no shot. If I recall correctly, Ruff played Gerbe and Ennis out of frustration with his "pop guns." Isn't that right?

Archived