GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

I'm noticing something on the board, in the media, and in general. The two camps are getting snippy with each other. The "Pegula is Christ and can do no wrong" crowd is reminding me of the '06-'07 Sabres run where the bandwagon was at full steam and personal shots started being thrown at the, Realist/Cynical crowd.

Doesn't this happen every year that the team is close to a playoff spot though? Seems to happen that way on every other board I've been on. The closer the playoffs get with some glimmer of actually making it, the more vocal the division between the optimists and the pessimists becomes.

But please don't tell me to celebrate mediocrity and force me to feel guilty for not adhering to a 3 week old "tradition" of worshiping an 8 foot remnant from Max Pies while the same French Military that has been in that lockerroom the past 4 years suddenly found the battery to their taser.

You know the French did bomb Libya yesterday, right? WORLD SUPERPOWER !!!

With all this French stuff...I'm confused. So you DO agree with PA?

Calling out a teammate is embarrasing them. Miller has embarrassed nobody. He's done his best to answer reporters questions. That's it.

Now if you want to see how you can embarrass a teammate see Tuuka Rask.

I just don't see how you can say Miller has "called out" teammates without really parsing pronouns (never proper names) and using some kind of literary logic that is beyond how NHL players think.

Who has he embarrassed? Which player? When has he made an observation that wasn't general and obvious to all.

Who has he embarrassed? Which player? When has he made an observation that wasn't general and obvious to all.

He embarrasses his teammates every time he does the WTF wave. How about the next time he lets in a softie, all 5 of his teammates stand in front of the crease and do a WTF wave right back at him.

He embarrasses his teammates every time he does the WTF wave. How about the next time he lets in a softie, all 5 of his teammates stand in front of the crease and do a WTF wave right back at him.

maybe his WTF wave was for himself. giving up 3 goals in under 3 minutes is more than ample cause for self-immolation.

Valid

I never hate anyone. Many times the source of conflict comes between two groups because we are trying to accomplish the same thing but in different ways. We both want to protect the franchise. Like in politics, some do it through coddling and hope, some do it through tough love and efficiency.

I am amazed that I agree with PA and DeLuca on so many things about the team considering how our politics swing. Who would have thought the biggest critic of this team once sported a Jimmy Carter bumper sticker? :)

Well, I didn't have a car then, but I would have had a Carter bumper sticker for sure. My voting pedigree is Mondale-Dukakis-Perot-Clinton-Gore-Kerry-Obama.

Put that in your pipe and don't inhale it.

A WTF wave? When? Kidding right?

I saw a goaltender springing out of a low position to skate. That's all. Who did he embarrass?

What's next? We analyze the movements of Miller's eyebrows to fit this narrative.

After just about every goal he does a little hurumph, shake off, wave, or whatever you want to call it. I think he is mostly disgusted in himself at that point. In regards to him Sunday, I was sitting in section 301, staring at the ice (in disbelief mostly...), and I didn't see anything any more major than his little thing he does after any other goal.

After just about every goal he does a little hurumph, shake off, wave, or whatever you want to call it. I think he is mostly disgusted in himself at that point. In regards to him Sunday, I was sitting in section 301, staring at the ice (in disbelief mostly...), and I didn't see anything any more major than his little thing he does after any other goal.

He will roll his eyes and jaunt his head if it is a breakaway or his fault. The WTF wave usually happens off a bomb, a screen, or where he is caught leaning because a dman is on the other guy.

It is clearly aimed at anyone but himself. At best it's a "WTF did you want me to do about that one?" wave. And he pulled a 5.5/10 wave after the Nashville goal. Not his best work...but he was already zen-like focusing on going Bonnie Blair to the dressing room at that point.

I saw a goaltender springing out of a low position to skate. That's all. Who did he embarrass?

What's next? We analyze the movements of Miller's eyebrows to fit this narrative.

In all honesty, it looked like he was just about to do it and thought better of it and just skated off. Good on him.

In all honesty, it looked like he was just about to do it and thought better of it and just skated off. Good on him.

I think an arm comes high whenever a goalie skates to the bench.

Watch any goaltender during a delayed penalty going to the bench. They look like a toy soldiers pumping their arms.

But now I'll only see WTF, WTF, WTF for the first four stides. :lol:

He has done it dozens of times since I coined the phrase. If you haven't seen it, you're not looking hard enough.

Archived